First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
25th Birthday Ideas
16125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Hey guys,
So my 25th birthday is next week and I'm in need of ideas for it. I'm trying to not let it pass without doing something unique or fun. In the past, I've done basic things like: Go to a restaurant, movie, new games, hang out with friends, conventions, etc. I figure I'd ask a large pool of people who've probably had many experiences! Also, I'm open to any and all ideas, places, etc ^^
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 3/13/14
Drink excessively with friends so that you can forget it is your birthday. You'll stay 24 for another year.
7161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Blow up planets in Planetary Annihilation. =P
2172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Hm....Japanese bar and grill. Find a place that lets you cook your own meat and such and get some Sake as well. Go with a close friend or love interest, that would make the night even more special.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / F
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
If it is next week you're too late to plan anything really big.
23142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Idk I just had my 23rd birthday and went to see a movie.....alone.

It was super lame.

Hope your birthday is better than mine was.
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14
- Go see an exhibit (museum, cultural center)

- Go to a local festival

- See a building/place in your area you haven't been to

- Go see a concert/local band

- Check out the local hangouts and book a room

- Go to an amusement park and top it off with your favorite restaurant

- Try out a new food/restaurant you have never been to

- Rent out a lot of your favorite movies and have a gathering of close friends at your house

- Go to your local bar/club/hangout

- Buy yourself something you've wanted for a long time and splurge! You'll only be 25 once

- Keep it low key and stay at home - its not set in stone you have to do something

29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14

Glenburg89 wrote:

Hey guys,
So my 25th birthday is next week and I'm in need of ideas for it.


- What's your budget?

- Where do you live (city, country, small town, etc.)?

- Do you have transportation (car, boat, private plane, etc.)?

- Are you looking to do something for a few hours, a day, an extended weekend (few days)?

- Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
16125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14
Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys!


SoldierSangria wrote:

- Go see an exhibit (museum, cultural center)

- Go to a local festival

- See a building/place in your area you haven't been to

- Go see a concert/local band

- Check out the local hangouts and book a room

- Go to an amusement park and top it off with your favorite restaurant

- Try out a new food/restaurant you have never been to

- Rent out a lot of your favorite movies and have a gathering of close friends at your house

- Go to your local bar/club/hangout

- Buy yourself something you've wanted for a long time and splurge! You'll only be 25 once

- Keep it low key and stay at home - its not set in stone you have to do something



Whoa, now this is a mega and awesome list! Looks well thought out, thanks! :)
Gives me a lot more to work with than what I started with.lol.



Hairbelly wrote:


Glenburg89 wrote:

Hey guys,
So my 25th birthday is next week and I'm in need of ideas for it.


- What's your budget?

- Where do you live (city, country, small town, etc.)?

- Do you have transportation (car, boat, private plane, etc.)?

- Are you looking to do something for a few hours, a day, an extended weekend (few days)?


1) $200-$300
2) Chicago
3) Public Transit (But can get many places easily)
4) I was able to get the birthday, Tuesday, as well as Wednesday, off from work.
5) And nope, I haven't been in a Turkish prison lol. Sounds interesting.

79755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

Glenburg89 wrote:

2) Chicago
3) Public Transit (But can get many places easily)


Here's a different kind of list of activities you can try:
http://www.chicagonow.com/collecting-chicago/2012/03/a-chicago-bucket-list-25-things-to-do-in-chicago-beyond-the-touristy-stuff/

Personally, I always like to learn something new. You could find some place that offers a course you like and take that as your special birthday present.
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Try to forget when is your birthday, In that day if you remember it's your birthday that mean you fell to celebrate your birthday.

If you ask how do i do that? just do what ever it take to make you forget it.
12306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
i usually just get shit faced in addition to buying me something i have been wanting,but have been to money conscious to buy. haha.
13612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Paintball!
board games with wine and fancy cheese.
A costume party or where them to a restaurant.
Korean bar and grill, all you can eat.
Do a tour at brewery and than get drunk.
Aquarium?

It really all depends on where you live.
Posted 3/13/14

Glenburg89 wrote:

1) $200-$300
2) Chicago
3) Public Transit (But can get many places easily)


These will all work in your favor - especially the fact that you live in Chicago. There's a lot to see and do there. You'll have a nice time. To be honest, the list I gave is filled with things I am interested in - I thought you might give it a try.

Happy birthday by the way.
16125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Thanks for the continued replies!


pukeanddie wrote:

Paintball!
board games with wine and fancy cheese.
A costume party or where them to a restaurant.
Korean bar and grill, all you can eat.
Do a tour at brewery and than get drunk.
Aquarium?

It really all depends on where you live.


Really cool ideas I've never even done paintball even though I see how fun it is. I'll have to get together with my buddies and do that soon, when its warmer.




SoldierSangria wrote:


Glenburg89 wrote:

1) $200-$300
2) Chicago
3) Public Transit (But can get many places easily)


These will all work in your favor - especially the fact that you live in Chicago. There's a lot to see and do there. You'll have a nice time. To be honest, the list I gave is filled with things I am interested in - I thought you might give it a try.

Happy birthday by the way.


Very true and agreed! Even though I've lived in Chicago all my life, I haven't done nearly everything to do there.lol. I know now I'm definitely go out and try new things Also, thanks for the birthday wishes!

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.