First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply One Week Friends Discussion
24025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / England
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 4/3/14


One Week Friends
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21327/Isshuukan_Friends.

PV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leZ5r1_Bsfg

Type: TV

Episodes: 12

Aired: April 6, 2014 to ?

Producers: Brains Base, Sentai Filmworks

Duration: Unknown

Synopsis

Kaori Fujimiya is always alone because all of her happy memories, including time spent with her friends, disappear every Monday. Deciding that he wants to be friends with her anyway, Yuuki Hase tries to get close to Kaori each week, wishing that she would one day call him "a friend."


My Thoughts

The manga is alot more light hearted then the synopsis let's on,but it's very enjoyable from what I read of it. As for the anime adaptation I'm looking forward to seeing how Brains Base handles it. The art style looks nice, but the PV doesn't really catch anyone's eye though you can't judge from a PV.



38036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Shiranui
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Really liking everything I've seen for it. The art is pretty good from what I have seen. I Haven't read the material before hand, so I really don't know what to expect. However, Basing off the synopsis and everything else mentioned. I got a lot of personal hype for it.The series looks promising and is definitely on my watch list.
41376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
I want to watch and thanks foe setting this up!
17527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Big Apple
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Really looking forward to this it reminds me some of Mizutani Fuka works like 14-sai no Koi or Game Over.
215397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Brains Base...interesting. I read the manga before and it's kinda cute in a way even though the format is 4-koma. There's no strong story but the slice of life feeling is nice. There's also a decent feeling of innocence to it.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Hey OtakuVentus

Here are two more PVs for each character that were on my youtube sub earlier today that Toho uploaded

This one's the girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kb4FbNp1Q

This one's the guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfgelBkgBwk
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
It looks interesting. I just now read the manga for 3 chapters. At the end of chapter 3 it seems like there is a little foreshadowing of drama.

But, I've stopped reading, because I feel I will enjoy this a lot more in anime form.

Anyone that has read more can hint to me if that foreshadowing comes true or not.
24025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / England
Offline
Posted 3/14/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Hey OtakuVentus

Here are two more PVs for each character that were on my youtube sub earlier today that Toho uploaded

This one's the girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kb4FbNp1Q

This one's the guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfgelBkgBwk


The PV'S here are a litter better. I'm looking forward to this since the manga I enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing that Rito2Ru
30329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 3/14/14
I've been following this manga for a while, and I think it would make a decent short anime. Full length episodes would be tough to fill.


globenstuff wrote:

This it reminds me some of Mizutani Fuka works like 14-sai no Koi.


That manga has started getting a little creepy with the side story stuff. That should be spun off, so the main story is back in focus.

49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 3/17/14 , edited 3/17/14
14-san no Koi's side story isn't *that* creepy... 10 years, not a big deal. But that's besides the point of this thread. ^_^

I cannot wait for this anime! It looks like it will be really sweet, really cute, and really freaking heartbreaking all at the same time! <3 The art style reminds me Natsume Yuujinchou.

Just hunted down the manga and... * * it's too cute for words! * *
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/27/14 , edited 3/27/14
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/27/sentai-filmworks-licenses-one-week-friends

If going by what people said with the volleyball anime....

this means its likely to be on CR right?

Personally I'm surprisingly excited for this show.
29900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
I'm glad it promises to be light-hearted, but I'm keeping my distance. Sounds like Feels City to me, regardless.

I'll be watching my giant robot shows lol

After Clannad and other ghost shows, I just can't deal with memory loss ;_;
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/27/14

TrueGoober wrote:

I'm glad it promises to be light-hearted, but I'm keeping my distance. Sounds like Feels City to me, regardless.

I'll be watching my giant robot shows lol

After Clannad and other ghost shows, I just can't deal with memory loss ;_;


Come on be daring!

:3 Feels are good.
29900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 3/27/14

Sacae89 wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:

I'm glad it promises to be light-hearted, but I'm keeping my distance. Sounds like Feels City to me, regardless.

I'll be watching my giant robot shows lol

After Clannad and other ghost shows, I just can't deal with memory loss ;_;


Come on be daring!

:3 Feels are good.


Life's too stressful to be mentally invested in stories where bad things happen to good people lol

I might check it out if it actually ends up sounding like my kind of show.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/27/14

TrueGoober wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:

I'm glad it promises to be light-hearted, but I'm keeping my distance. Sounds like Feels City to me, regardless.

I'll be watching my giant robot shows lol

After Clannad and other ghost shows, I just can't deal with memory loss ;_;


Come on be daring!

:3 Feels are good.


Life's too stressful to be mentally invested in stories where bad things happen to good people lol

I might check it out if it actually ends up sounding like my kind of show.


I don't totally disagree. lol

I just very much a person that likes stories because of the feels you can get. Bad or good.

:) But I understand what you mean.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.