First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Atelier Escha & Logy Discussions
152173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 3/15/14


Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZVRVHJSyY&feature=player_embedded (game version)

Synopsis

This world has gone through many Dusks, and is slowly nearing its end. Within this world, in the western reaches of the "Land of Dusk," there was a nation that prospered thanks to its use of alchemy.

There, in order to survive the eventual arrival of the "Dusk End," the people devoted their efforts to rediscover and recreate lost alchemic technologies. Rediscovered technology from the past era was gathered in the alchemy research city known as "Central," where research was conducted on how to halt the advance of the twilight.

One of the heroes is a young man who researched alchemy in Central, the other a girl living in a small town on the frontier. This girl's name is Escha. In the process of using her knowledge of ancient alchemy to help others, she was assigned to the Development Department. The young man's name is Logy. Having learned the newest alchemic techniques in Central, he requested a transfer to this understaffed town to make use of his abilities, and meets Escha when he is assigned to the Development Department as well. The two make a promise to use their alchemy together, and bring success to the Development Department.

Other Information

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Status: Not yet aired
Aired: Apr 10, 2014 to ?
Producers: Studio Gokumi
Genres: Fantasy
Duration: Unknown
Rating: None



Based off the video game.
Koda89 
19301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 3/15/14
Yeah sure I'll watch this.

I haven't played this particular entry in the Atelier series, but whatever. I enjoy this series so I'm down.
5284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Near a calm ocean...
Offline
Posted 3/15/14
Why not they just have Atelier Rorona, Totori or Meruru?
23550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/15/14
Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.
152173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 4/12/14
Episode 1


That was way better than I had thought. There wasn't much action yet but I like their fantasy world and the concepts described so far in terms of their technology such as Clone.

Alchemists huh? FMA? Nah, but it does gave me the vibe. I'm expecting some character development between Escha and Loge soon too I hope. But overall, I liked the episode.
53467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14

stark700 wrote:

Episode 1


That was way better than I had thought. There wasn't much action yet but I like their fantasy world and the concepts described so far in terms of their technology such as Clone.

Alchemists huh? FMA? Nah, but it does gave me the vibe. I'm expecting some character development between Escha and Loge soon too I hope. But overall, I liked the episode.
Cute show! Too bad it hasn't been picked up yet.

FMA? Yes! Escha is a Full Moe Alchemist!

Only odd thing was... using alchemy to make an apple pie? Don't they have ovens? LOL
38110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

hpulley wrote:

Only odd thing was... using alchemy to make an apple pie? Don't they have ovens? LOL


well, in the games, they do things like this all the time. anything and EVERYTHING can be made by throwing ingredients into a pot, and stirring them together while imagining what you want to make.
70228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Online
Posted 4/12/14

aidenraine wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Only odd thing was... using alchemy to make an apple pie? Don't they have ovens? LOL


well, in the games, they do things like this all the time. anything and EVERYTHING can be made by throwing ingredients into a pot, and stirring them together while imagining what you want to make.


True RPG style.

On Topic, have not watched this yet since no one has picked it up, which is strange.
43094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Offline
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14
Looks like i'm going to have to do 2 things I haven't done in quite a few months now to watch this show... watch an episode on the Darkside AND watch an episode on my computer...

Been so long might feel like a new experience.
38110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/14


kinda a shame, too. even if it's based off a game, if there's anything that I trust about Gust, it's their ability to write a great story full of lovable characters, and lots of adventure. if the anime fails, it's totally the adaptation's fault. I don't really mind entirely though, since I can still watch this via the dark side.. but I don't like waiting. still waiting for the subbed ATX version of dragonar as well. screw funi for removing entire scenes from their stream!
70228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Online
Posted 4/12/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

Looks like i'm going to have to do 2 things I haven't done in quite a few months now to watch this show... watch an episode on the Darkside AND watch an episode on my computer...

Been so long might feel like a new experience.


I watch all my anime on my computer -_-
43094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

Sacae89 wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:

Looks like i'm going to have to do 2 things I haven't done in quite a few months now to watch this show... watch an episode on the Darkside AND watch an episode on my computer...

Been so long might feel like a new experience.


I watch all my anime on my computer -_-


Since Christmas all my Anime has been watched via my Roku, which is hooked up to my 50" HDTV. I could technically hook my computer up to it as well, but it'd be too much of a hassle for just one episode.
70228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Online
Posted 4/12/14

aidenraine wrote:



kinda a shame, too. even if it's based off a game, if there's anything that I trust about Gust, it's their ability to write a great story full of lovable characters, and lots of adventure. if the anime fails, it's totally the adaptation's fault. I don't really mind entirely though, since I can still watch this via the dark side.. but I don't like waiting. still waiting for the subbed ATX version of dragonar as well. screw funi for removing entire scenes from their stream!


Weird I thought I heard that dragonar didnt get hit by the censor too much, but the other show did the boob grabbing one.
38110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/14


boob grabbing show..?

but yea, it's funi's own doing. they removed an entire scene from both the first and second episode so far.
70228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Online
Posted 4/12/14

Stonewolfe wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:

Looks like i'm going to have to do 2 things I haven't done in quite a few months now to watch this show... watch an episode on the Darkside AND watch an episode on my computer...

Been so long might feel like a new experience.


I watch all my anime on my computer -_-


Since Christmas all my Anime has been watched via my Roku, which is hooked up to my 50" HDTV. I could technically hook my computer up to it as well, but it'd be too much of a hassle for just one episode.


Jealous!


aidenraine wrote:



boob grabbing show..?

but yea, it's funi's own doing. they removed an entire scene from both the first and second episode so far.


Which scenes?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.