First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
I think someone should take Conduit.com out of service
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

PlayerReview wrote:

Petition DDOS attacks on them instead.


How will that do any good?
8523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Riverside, CA
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

PlayerReview wrote:

Petition DDoS attacks on them instead.


DDoS Attacks are illegal so that's so not the right way to deal with them.
12220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/14
Honestly, I'd push more for taking action against people who write rouge anti-malware and ransomware that hijacks your computer and then demands money as a "fine" for downloading music or "obscene pornography". Those are often installed forcefully and completely take advantage of one's computer ignorance AND legal ignorance as well.

Conduit is annoying, yes. But isn't that installed because the user didn't uncheck "Install Conduit for IE"? Or I could be wrong if someone wants to correct me.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

brbeatingpopcorn wrote:

Honestly, I'd push more for taking action against people who write rouge anti-malware and ransomware that hijacks your computer and then demands money as a "fine" for downloading music or "obscene pornography". Those are often installed forcefully and completely take advantage of one's computer ignorance AND legal ignorance as well.

Conduit is annoying, yes. But isn't that installed because the user didn't uncheck "Install Conduit for IE"? Or I could be wrong if someone wants to correct me.

Conduit still inflicts a lot of damage onto computers around the world, so it should still be dealt with accordingly.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/16/14
AVG always asks me. and in addition recommends NO when conduit asks to talk to the internet. following AVG's Recommendations I haven't had a problem.
60713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/16/14 , edited 3/16/14
Annoying but what they do is legal...
You are asking someone to commit a crime? Really? Come on!

Simple solution don't download their crappy search bars...
Try getting an anti-malware program and reset your browser settings. Simple and easy fix...
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 3/23/14 , edited 3/23/14

Assassinx89 wrote:

Annoying but what they do is legal...
You are asking someone to commit a crime? Really? Come on!

Simple solution don't download their crappy search bars...
Try getting an anti-malware program and reset your browser settings. Simple and easy fix...

I don't think what they do is legal.

How is infecting people's computers with malware legal? I don't quite understand that.

60713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/23/14 , edited 3/23/14

DesuMaiden wrote:


Assassinx89 wrote:

Annoying but what they do is legal...
You are asking someone to commit a crime? Really? Come on!

Simple solution don't download their crappy search bars...
Try getting an anti-malware program and reset your browser settings. Simple and easy fix...

I don't think what they do is legal.

How is infecting people's computers with malware legal? I don't quite understand that.



I'm not saying it shouldn't be illegal, just that the legal system has not caught up with the times we live in. Privacy law in the digital world is almost non-existant.

CR and other respectable businesses put cookies on your computer. Most of the time without you knowing. However in this case with conduit you are essentially downloading their add-on (software program add-on) and are responsible to read the terms of service. Thus when you download it, you are giving them permission. It is kind of like that app on your phone that shows you ads. You accepted that when you downloaded the app.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.