First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply No Game No Life Discussions
28364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
The obvious ? that has emerged. Is Shiro cute or a loli ?





69738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14
lol She is very cute.

But as I said in my earlier post about the chess game. It may be to early to judge. But I do think the brother and sister have slightly different skill sets. Sister is more logical, better at chess ect. And the brother is probably better at people. Like Poker, and getting them the room.

Other than the chess game, the brother had more chances to be badass in the poker game and bandit game. I hope the sister gets some badass time too.
36253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
^ Playing against 1000+ other players using 2 computers (with your feet)? Ah, too bad the brother outstripped her in that....4 computers. 1 in each limb. Badass.
69738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

bathroom64 wrote:

^ Playing against 1000+ other players using 2 computers (with your feet)? Ah, too bad the brother outstripped her in that....4 computers. 1 in each limb. Badass.


Ah! Forgot about that. But again the brother outstripped her, si? XD
42342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 4/9/14
I definitely see a yin and yang thing going on with Shiro and Sora. Sora is actually coming across as quite charismatic, confident and aggressive, which is a little strange for a NEET. He doesn't fit the stereotype much at all.

Right now he's more of the bored, disinterested-in-mundane-reality genius type.
69738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

Insomnist wrote:

I definitely see a yin and yang thing going on with Shiro and Sora. Sora is actually coming across as quite charismatic, confident and aggressive, which is a little strange for a NEET. He doesn't fit the stereotype much at all.

Right now he's more of the bored, disinterested-in-mundane-reality genius type.


I like the yin and yang of their playing styles and personalities.

It'll be boring if they both where just good at games. By having them good at certain elements of games, its good.

Sister does fit the NEET better though.

But you can see they both had trouble in real life, during when they are being asked what they think about the world.

The first episode was so good I feel like watching again!

Im really sad this is only one cour.
11440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 4/9/14

Insomnist wrote:

I definitely see a yin and yang thing going on with Shiro and Sora. Sora is actually coming across as quite charismatic, confident and aggressive, which is a little strange for a NEET. He doesn't fit the stereotype much at all.

Right now he's more of the bored, disinterested-in-mundane-reality genius type.




69738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

JadeAmberTwins wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

I definitely see a yin and yang thing going on with Shiro and Sora. Sora is actually coming across as quite charismatic, confident and aggressive, which is a little strange for a NEET. He doesn't fit the stereotype much at all.

Right now he's more of the bored, disinterested-in-mundane-reality genius type.






Thats kind of interesting, I want to see that.

17326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

bathroom64 wrote:


Maou068 wrote:
Interesting anime but I'm more interested how they play a game of chance like poker especially their cheating tricks.

Poker is played by cheating and bluffing your opponent. The point is not to get caught. They really know how to win at everything, stuff like video games to chess against a God.


Cheating wouldn't be a surprise if you are playing 5 draw poker with some random people in a bar somewhere especially if money is involved. But in a poker party with people that you know, cheating not is viable especially if money is not always involved. Bluffs are the poker player's best arsenal but it isn't advisable if it is used too often. Poker is more on managing your chips(or money) properly, out maneuvering your opponent comes second. Otherwise, you'll get blown out of the table before you know it.
69738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14
I got a question. Whats up with the cellphone at the end? Its like a list of actions and one said to find a place to stay....Is Sora just a guy that likes to keep track or is someone telling them what to do?

Edit: also I lied. Shiro had this pretty badass scene

"Chess is no different than tic-tac-toe"




3499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/14
That was absolutely amazing!!! Favorite show of the season for sure!
Mr_Nr 
9190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/10/14
Really good first episode, whilst fast it was a good fast. Story is interesting and the brother/sister (yes another one though this time it seems to be more of a normal relationship) has interesting chemistry. Animation doesn't disappoint and is truly a feast for the eyes. Also music is awesome too. Anyway hopefully it continues being this awesome.
12581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 4/10/14
best anime so far this season imo
42342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 4/10/14 , edited 4/10/14

Sacae89 wrote:

I got a question. Whats up with the cellphone at the end? Its like a list of actions and one said to find a place to stay....Is Sora just a guy that likes to keep track or is someone telling them what to do?

That's the impression I got, that he was making a to-do checklist.


Sacae89 wrote:

Edit: also I lied. Shiro had this pretty badass scene

"Chess is no different than tic-tac-toe"


I loved that scene of Shiro being in-the-zone. And then the Inception thwumps.

That feeling of absolute mastery over a chessboard is exhilarating and I'd say they captured it perfectly.
16441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 4/10/14

Insomnist wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:

I got a question. Whats up with the cellphone at the end? Its like a list of actions and one said to find a place to stay....Is Sora just a guy that likes to keep track or is someone telling them what to do?

That's the impression I got, that he was making a to-do checklist.


I'll say it's more of a check-list than a do-to list. I have a feeling he wants to win at life right now, and the final involves him bringing an end to the whole world or something.

Which would be fun. All Char Aznable/Lelouch Lamp on us.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.