have you ever dreamed (in dreamstate sleep) about composing a song? or a storyline?
Posted 3/17/14
have you ever had a dream (during sleep) where you composed a great song you've never heard?

I've dreamed about it several times, but I couldn't transcribe it since i have little composing knowledge...


also dreamed several times, a whole plot of story... from beginning to end...
72868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 10/12/14
Hmmmmm...Somewhat.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/12/14
Yes, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to remember segments of the songs I created. I try to keep them together and add upon them once awake. With that in mind, we're talking about relatively rare events. Most of my dreams are nonsense of absolutely no use to anyone.
An9el 
28891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 10/12/14
when trying to sleep i usally think about characters or stories that be interesting if they were done for real
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

have you ever had a dream (during sleep) where you composed a great song you've never heard?

I've dreamed about it several times, but I couldn't transcribe it since i have little composing knowledge...


also dreamed several times, a whole plot of story... from beginning to end...


I did that is how I came up with my best stuff, songs poems and story's.
It is weird how the mind works some dreams are chaos, we make since
of them the best we can but through out time, the best songs, movies
shows and books came from a simple but complexed dream. Only problem
is I suck at playing a guitar, need practice on the keyboard and okay at drums m
but not star. So it worked me writing the song and my friends is crazy good on
a keybord and another one pretty good at playing a guitar. Next time
try to write down the song or keep the beat in your head and have some
one else play for you then your work shall be made real.
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

BlueOni wrote:

Yes, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to remember segments of the songs I created. I try to keep them together and add upon them once awake. With that in mind, we're talking about relatively rare events. Most of my dreams are nonsense of absolutely no use to anyone.


dreams are chaos, its when we wake we see that they where, you walking down the beach then you pop up in a city with weird things runing after you, but when we do lucid dream it is amazing
Posted 10/13/14

darkangel09rose wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

have you ever had a dream (during sleep) where you composed a great song you've never heard?

I've dreamed about it several times, but I couldn't transcribe it since i have little composing knowledge...


also dreamed several times, a whole plot of story... from beginning to end...


I did that is how I came up with my best stuff, songs poems and story's.
It is weird how the mind works some dreams are chaos, we make since
of them the best we can but through out time, the best songs, movies
shows and books came from a simple but complexed dream. Only problem
is I suck at playing a guitar, need practice on the keyboard and okay at drums m
but not star. So it worked me writing the song and my friends is crazy good on
a keybord and another one pretty good at playing a guitar. Next time
try to write down the song or keep the beat in your head and have some
one else play for you then your work shall be made real.


I think artists dream about composing works because it's part of their subconscious mind or something.

Sadly, I forget my dreams 10 minutes afterwards, so it's HARD to keep it in my head.
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

have you ever had a dream (during sleep) where you composed a great song you've never heard?

I've dreamed about it several times, but I couldn't transcribe it since i have little composing knowledge...


also dreamed several times, a whole plot of story... from beginning to end...


I did that is how I came up with my best stuff, songs poems and story's.
It is weird how the mind works some dreams are chaos, we make since
of them the best we can but through out time, the best songs, movies
shows and books came from a simple but complexed dream. Only problem
is I suck at playing a guitar, need practice on the keyboard and okay at drums m
but not star. So it worked me writing the song and my friends is crazy good on
a keybord and another one pretty good at playing a guitar. Next time
try to write down the song or keep the beat in your head and have some
one else play for you then your work shall be made real.


I think artists dream about composing works because it's part of their subconscious mind or something.

Sadly, I forget my dreams 10 minutes afterwards, so it's HARD to keep it in my head.
so so true, I do also I tryed having a pen and note book by my bed but then I never dreamed like it for a long time.
then the time you do dream like it again you still forget it. I always have a dream like it wake up but go back to sleep then lose it.
Then your like I know it was good but what was it.
Posted 10/13/14

darkangel09rose wrote:
so so true, I do also I tryed having a pen and note book by my bed but then I never dreamed like it for a long time.
then the time you do dream like it again you still forget it. I always have a dream like it wake up but go back to sleep then lose it.
Then your like I know it was good but what was it.


OMG We think exactly alike.

It's good to know I'm not alone in this.
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / in the underworld...
Offline
Posted 10/13/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


darkangel09rose wrote:
so so true, I do also I tryed having a pen and note book by my bed but then I never dreamed like it for a long time.
then the time you do dream like it again you still forget it. I always have a dream like it wake up but go back to sleep then lose it.
Then your like I know it was good but what was it.


OMG We think exactly alike.

It's good to know I'm not alone in this.


I agree you have a vary good mind and wisdom.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
Quite often. Because I can't sing I can't write it down and it's lost forever.
442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Local University...
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
A storyline, Art Piece or Animation more that music cuz I'm more inclined in that field than in the field of music production
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/24/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.