First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Those "Blah" Anime
7079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
Hamatora. I'm Hama-torn.

Do I keep this in my que?

The characters are so blah.

The story is so blah.

The animation is so blah.

But sometimes you're just in that lazy blah mood when you might even turn on the Matrix or Harry Potter just for the background noise.

Do you keep any "blah" anime in your que when you just want to watch anime but don't feel like contributing too much emotion or intellectual effort?

104119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
This "Blah" thread.
12810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
Pupa for me. Just comatose for 4 minutes a week.
16098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The Milky Way
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
The Pilot's Love Song

This anime sucks, but I don't usually have much to watch on Monday so I turn it on. I haven't been able to get into the story or characters at all. Its boring, but I guess its better than nothing.

I actually think Hamatora is starting to get good though. The animation is OK, the characters are pretty good, especially the villain. Hes one of the few villains that I actually hate! The story is kinda blah but this last episode was great! I have a feeling the next one is gonna be awesome!
xxJing 
37225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 3/20/14
Pretty much anything having to do with Nobunaga. I do not think I have liked any anime that has depicted Nobunaga in any form.
7079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/14

AnimeKami wrote:

This "Blah" thread.


Have a glass of wine! Your intellectual assertiveness needs a break, my friend
7079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/14

DethAssass1n wrote:

The Pilot's Love Song

This anime sucks, but I don't usually have much to watch on Monday so I turn it on. I haven't been able to get into the story or characters at all. Its boring, but I guess its better than nothing.

I actually think Hamatora is starting to get good though. The animation is OK, the characters are pretty good, especially the villain. Hes one of the few villains that I actually hate! The story is kinda blah but this last episode was great! I have a feeling the next one is gonna be awesome!


Where are you at in Hamatora?

It just seems like the characters are really basic, lecturing people on "being true to themselves" and other proverbial generalizations, but I am only 3 episodes deep.

I was just introduced to the villain, so perhaps he just needs another episode or two to get going.
98 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
Chaos;Head
Eh... Forgettable.
19630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Elkhart, Indiana
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
Strike the Blood
Sogno- 
45766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
nobunaga the fool i guess... i really just like the voice actors lol. it's not bad, but it's kinda "blah", like, eh whatevmmm hmm
xxJing 
37225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 3/20/14

evilswitchkix wrote:


DethAssass1n wrote:

The Pilot's Love Song

This anime sucks, but I don't usually have much to watch on Monday so I turn it on. I haven't been able to get into the story or characters at all. Its boring, but I guess its better than nothing.

I actually think Hamatora is starting to get good though. The animation is OK, the characters are pretty good, especially the villain. Hes one of the few villains that I actually hate! The story is kinda blah but this last episode was great! I have a feeling the next one is gonna be awesome!


Where are you at in Hamatora?

It just seems like the characters are really basic, lecturing people on "being true to themselves" and other proverbial generalizations, but I am only 3 episodes deep.

I was just introduced to the villain, so perhaps he just needs another episode or two to get going.


Yeah it's not all that great. Just turn off your brain and enjoy the comedic moments. I mean there is an episode that revolves around gay bodybuilders. It's not the smartest of shows. Hell, it pretty much says outright that the main character is more or less the most powerful dude in the world. I'll probably forget about it once this season is over, but it is funny enough for me to continue watching.

xxJing 
37225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 3/20/14

VolkKat34000 wrote:

Strike the Blood


You pretty much need to be a guy to enjoy Strike the Blood. It is the most haremy harem anime I have ever seen. The only reason to watch it is for the fan service.
16098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The Milky Way
Offline
Posted 3/20/14

evilswitchkix wrote:


DethAssass1n wrote:

The Pilot's Love Song

This anime sucks, but I don't usually have much to watch on Monday so I turn it on. I haven't been able to get into the story or characters at all. Its boring, but I guess its better than nothing.

I actually think Hamatora is starting to get good though. The animation is OK, the characters are pretty good, especially the villain. Hes one of the few villains that I actually hate! The story is kinda blah but this last episode was great! I have a feeling the next one is gonna be awesome!


Where are you at in Hamatora?

It just seems like the characters are really basic, lecturing people on "being true to themselves" and other proverbial generalizations, but I am only 3 episodes deep.

I was just introduced to the villain, so perhaps he just needs another episode or two to get going.


I'm at episode 11 right now. At first I thought the show was just OK, but after episode 7 I got hooked. Episodes 10 and onward are where sh*t gets real.
1585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/20/14

evilswitchkix wrote:

Hamatora. I'm Hama-torn.

Do I keep this in my que?

The characters are so blah.

The story is so blah.

The animation is so blah.

But sometimes you're just in that lazy blah mood when you might even turn on the Matrix or Harry Potter just for the background noise.

Do you keep any "blah" anime in your que when you just want to watch anime but don't feel like contributing too much emotion or intellectual effort?



I don't watch any anime that are bleh to me. Even the least intellectually stimulating for me (Non Non Biyori) are engaging and enjoyable too much to qualify as bleh for me.

If I am too lazy to contribute to the screen, then I don't read subtitles. I tune into an anime that has decent dubbing. Now I can do laundry and eat without staring at the screen.
5739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/14
Hyouka.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.