First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Fred phelps founder of the westboro baptist chruch died
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/21/14
I'm not even sure how to feel about his death....seriously.
11281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/14
Fred Phelps is God
62175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 3/21/14
Good riddens
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:

I think this is one of the few Christian groups that actually follows the close reading the bible


Please tell me you are joking.


CalebBlackFlash wrote:

Fred Phelps is God


What? Don't tell me you actually like him.
Posted 3/21/14
"And so, Fred Phelps joins his fellow brethren such as Pol Pot and Hitler - eternally doomed to the pits of hell, and Satan's presence..."

But in all seriousness, good riddance to bad rubbish.
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/21/14 , edited 3/21/14
So that's who founded it? Hmmm... Okay. I'm neutral about his passing. At most, I offer my condolences to those who genuinely care about him and are in mourning. His passing itself, however, leaves me unfazed. Until this thread, I didn't even know about him.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 3/21/14

Dubnoman wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I think this is one of the few Christian groups that actually follows the close reading the bible


Please tell me you are joking.
Nope, pretty harsh stuff in the bible. It manifests well on the west borough church ideals

9795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Alberta
Offline
Posted 3/21/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

I'm not even sure how to feel about his death....seriously.


You aren't sure of anything.


Now, addressing Fred Phelps death, who cares?There are plenty of bigots like him around the world so why should we care if one that got more publicity than most dies?We shouldn't be happy or sad about his death.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/21/14


I've heard bad things about Westboro Baptist Church and I've seen videos of their doings. In all honesty, I not sure how I feel about the guys death. Hes' dead. Now what happens next?
Posted 3/21/14
I don't know who that is nor do I care to look it up. Rest in peace.
20459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / The corner of no...
Offline
Posted 3/21/14 , edited 3/21/14
I hope God forgives him
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

I think this is one of the few Christian groups that actually follows the close reading the bible


Please tell me you are joking.
Nope, pretty harsh stuff in the bible. It manifests well on the west borough church ideals




Are you a Christian yourself? What are your views on religion, Christianity, and the Bible? If negative, I can better understand the comment you made.

Now, I have a more positive view of Christianity and the Bible. I myself am a Christian and I can tell you that that pastor and his followers do not have a good understanding of Christianity at all (in fact, I've seen them come up with twisted interpretations from Bible verses, it is like they pull their interpretations from select texts from 'thin air').

I attend church and I go to a Bible study. I know this woman who knows the Bible very well and knows and understands what Christianity is about very well and she is a great person. She is nothing like these westboro people. I know enough about Christianiy and the Bible to know these people have an extremely poor and twisted understanding of the religion. That pastor and his followers are terrible people and cannot be acknowledged as followers of Christ. The crazy thing is they think they are such great followers of Christ, and I kid you not, they probably think they are the best - and some of the very, very few true- followers of Christ on the planet!
9795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Alberta
Offline
Posted 3/21/14

qualeshia3
I've heard bad things about Westboro Baptist Church and I've seen videos of their doings. In all honesty, I not sure how I feel about the guys death. Hes' dead. Now what happens next?


Nothing should happen next.A bigot died and another one will die today, so what makes him any different? Who cares about the death of a single hateful man? Why should we care? We shouldn't. He was a terrible person, and he doesn't deserve any respect or disrespect in his passing like some may believe.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/21/14

JamesSabs wrote:


qualeshia3
I've heard bad things about Westboro Baptist Church and I've seen videos of their doings. In all honesty, I not sure how I feel about the guys death. Hes' dead. Now what happens next?


Nothing should happen next.A bigot died and another one will die today, so what makes him any different? Who cares about the death of a single hateful man? Why should we care? We shouldn't. He was a terrible person, and he doesn't deserve any respect or disrespect in his passing like some may believe.




I see.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/14
He was more than just a mere bigot. There are a number of things that just made him such a terrible person. And as for him being a bigot, he was the biggest, worst, most vile anti-LGBT bigot the world has ever seen.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.