First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
What makes a Fight Good in Anime?
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

reinarobles wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlsBphNXzTc

This is probably one of the best fight scenes I've watched, and it's from Gintama. These moments are rare in the anime, but when Gintama does action, it's done surprisingly well.


Kagura's fight against the guy that works with her brother also is an example. Still gives me a big smile to watch. Gintama does action well....when it does action lol. Whiplash master indeed.
2845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / VIC, AU
Offline
Posted 3/25/14 , edited 3/25/14

Sacae89 wrote:


reinarobles wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlsBphNXzTc

This is probably one of the best fight scenes I've watched, and it's from Gintama. These moments are rare in the anime, but when Gintama does action, it's done surprisingly well.


Kagura's fight against the guy that works with her brother also is an example. Still gives me a big smile to watch. Gintama does action well....when it does action lol. Whiplash master indeed.


Indeed It's one of the fiercest fight in Gintama EVER.

Enjoy the fight -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4rcipGWxSQ
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
Not just the action sequence during the fight that is amazing, but the speeches in between the action is what make the fight even more epic. Some anime can't handle the speech very well which then making the fight so boring and less attentive but Gintama DOES it RIGHT
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / A Unicorn's Anus
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
Said characters are tactical and aren't simply relying on power.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14 , edited 3/25/14

Shinny099 wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


reinarobles wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlsBphNXzTc

This is probably one of the best fight scenes I've watched, and it's from Gintama. These moments are rare in the anime, but when Gintama does action, it's done surprisingly well.


Kagura's fight against the guy that works with her brother also is an example. Still gives me a big smile to watch. Gintama does action well....when it does action lol. Whiplash master indeed.


Indeed It's one of the fiercest fight in Gintama EVER.

Enjoy the fight -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4rcipGWxSQ
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
Not just the action sequence during the fight that is amazing, but the speeches in between the action is what make the fight even more epic. Some anime can't handle the speech very well which then making the fight so boring and less attentive but Gintama DOES it RIGHT


lol Thanks its been awhile. Dang I wish Kagura would snap once more sometime. Shes a flipping beast.

You are right about the speech. That whole quiz bit is great. The video doesn't do the best end to that speech though .When he is falling off the roof. Gintama does speeches in fights good most the time.

But then again. As we said. When Gintama does a serious fight, it rarely does it wrong.
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 3/25/14 , edited 3/25/14
Being directed by Masahiro Andô.

This guy's done some pretty popular work.

The Cowboy Bebop movie
Some Sailor Moon episodes
Darker Than Black

And many more.

His fight choreography is just so fluid and realistic, for lack of a better word.

I mean, just look at it!
53556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / The great not so...
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
My internet is being slow atm so I can't watch the video

To me a good fight scene has to have fluid animation and music. If either is lacking to me it looses the scene just isn't as entertaining to watch or gets me pumped up. SnK had both great animation and music during the titan scenes I was always clinging to my seat same for the now currently airing Gundam Build Fighters.

I'm not really a big fan of Fairy Tail fights cause its the same every arc not to mention the quality of the animation gradually became worse and worse over time I guess due to time and budget restraints. Fairy Tail gets their ass handed to them then they come around less than 20 or so chapters later and throw a total beat down of the enemy.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
I like the topic, but I don't like advertising videos. So I haven't watched the video.

And really if people like the topic and are talking about it in their own way, they don't have to watch the video. Though the first post has been edited at least two times to encourage otherwise.
28332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

HauAreWe wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:
Finally, the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP also annoys me. Just because you have something worth protecting doesn't strike me as a valid reason to receive a massive power boost. If anything, it's taught me that maybe if villains had more friends they'd win more.


Reminds me of Robot Girls Z where the villains are certainly a large group of friends, but they get trumped by the cold heartless Mazinger girls because they're not the protagonists XD.


Gee, that sounds awesome . Is it worth checking out?

(also, in reality, having your friends in danger = being worried or angry = losing your cool = more likely to commit a mistake. So yeah, not very credible!)
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

TheGordianNot wrote:


HauAreWe wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:
Finally, the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP also annoys me. Just because you have something worth protecting doesn't strike me as a valid reason to receive a massive power boost. If anything, it's taught me that maybe if villains had more friends they'd win more.


Reminds me of Robot Girls Z where the villains are certainly a large group of friends, but they get trumped by the cold heartless Mazinger girls because they're not the protagonists XD.


Gee, that sounds awesome . Is it worth checking out?

(also, in reality, having your friends in danger = being worried or angry = losing your cool = more likely to commit a mistake. So yeah, not very credible!)


I like power of friendship
2684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / iowa
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
Meaning. As long as there is a fight for a good reason it's okay. Music is a big factor for me and there it isn't taking forever and the fight doesn't last for 10 episodes.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14 , edited 3/25/14
I agree that music is a factor.

One reason I love anime is to see fights in action. Movement, color, music, - flow. All clash to make it look and sound awesome.

Most cases people who have read the manga keep track of the anime for that reason. To see fights animated.

SO THEN.

I think the question is what makes a fight good in manga.

Then you'll find more reason on just what makes a fight good just good period.

A lot of the reason people are naming here are linked to it being an anime. And sure this is title what makes a fight good IN anime.

So then....I would like to know what makes a fight just good.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
Not having too much dialogue. Save that for when one guy is dying, pls
15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

xxJing wrote:

Serious catfights are the best.


no kidding
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/25/14 , edited 3/25/14
The fights in Moribito, hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al1CpCfSEHo

What makes a good fight scene are the movements, length, etc. -- all the points I can think have already been said. I say let the clips speak for themselves.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

Shrapnel893 wrote:

The fights in Moribito, hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al1CpCfSEHo

What makes a good fight scene are the movements, length, etc. -- all the points I can think have already been said. I say let the clips speak for themselves.


God I need to watch this anime again, so good.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.