First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Post Reply The World is Still Beautiful Discussions
24376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

Rito2Ru wrote:
I thought it wasn't the words but the feelings attached to the realized beauty of the land or whatever the hell it was in the first/second episode?

Her song changed when calling mist, and when calling wind to cut. /shrug
22278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/10/14 , edited 5/10/14
You know, no matter how much I love this anime (which is quite a bit), I still feel a bit creeped out by the general premise of Princess Nike falling in love with the King due to the fact that it makes nike a pedophile.

Livi looks like he's about 12 and Nike looks about 20.
3840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
Never thought I'd be glad to see a loli lose. But boy, did I smile.

Also, downloaded the full version of TENDAH RAIN. Love it love it.

I hope it rains tomorrow so I can run around outside like a child while listening to it.
24376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/14 , edited 5/10/14

OniFeeZ wrote:
You know, no matter how much I love this anime (which is quite a bit), I still feel a bit creeped out by the general premise of Princess Nike falling in love with the King due to the fact that it makes nike a pedophile.
Livi looks like he's about 12 and Nike looks about 20.

What are their actual ages, do you know? Stop judging a book by its cover. We all know girl develop earlier than boys too, which could be a factor, and the anime could be slightly different than the source material in any case.
4715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

bathroom64 wrote:


OniFeeZ wrote:
You know, no matter how much I love this anime (which is quite a bit), I still feel a bit creeped out by the general premise of Princess Nike falling in love with the King due to the fact that it makes nike a pedophile.
Livi looks like he's about 12 and Nike looks about 20.

What are their actual ages, do you know? Stop judging a book by its cover. We all know girl develop earlier than boys too, which could be a factor, and the anime could be slightly different than the source material in any case.


Says the guy with the pedo bear avatar :p
24376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

TheBluu wrote:
Says the guy with the pedo bear avatar :p

Which proves my point exactly.
5304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Inaba
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
Why am I not surprised that Tender Rain made its weekly appearance once again? Well, at least the different arrangement made for a nice touch. Initially, I was worried that this episode would fall into the royal love triangle cliché with the typical high-pitched, preening little brat, but I'm glad that the show once again steered clear from that dangerous pitfall. At least figuratively. Literally, well... Luna sure near lost her hide on that cliff. But the scene with Nike's rain veiling her tears actually made me like her a little bit more. Can't wait for the turning tables next week! Livi should probably step up his game. (Lol no I'm kidding, no matter how wise he is on the inside, more promiscuous matters should still wait until he gains a few more inches)
3840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

OniFeeZ wrote:

You know, no matter how much I love this anime (which is quite a bit), I still feel a bit creeped out by the general premise of Princess Nike falling in love with the King due to the fact that it makes nike a pedophile.

Livi looks like he's about 12 and Nike looks about 20.


What a yucky post.

You sound like a very boring person.
46345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

bathroom64 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:
I thought it wasn't the words but the feelings attached to the realized beauty of the land or whatever the hell it was in the first/second episode?

Her song changed when calling mist, and when calling wind to cut. /shrug


I mean there's nothing wrong with her current song, I like it. It's just that...a little variety in whatever tune they use when the episode's problem is being resolved at the end would be nice too.
This is more of a slight bother than an actual problem I have with the show.
30099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
Episode 6

Oh man! I loved this episode! Talk about progress!

This episode really shined on how much these two care for one another.

First we got a love confession from Nike that was rather awesome and heartfelt:


And it didn't stop there! Then Livi actually had the confidence to kiss the girl he loves!!!!! I KNOW! MINDBLOWING RIGHT?


I give props to romance shows that don't diddy dally around the premature state of a relationship for 20 episodes and then get at the very end we got one kiss. Such a nice change of pace!


hihazuki wrote:

Why am I not surprised that Tender Rain made its weekly appearance once again? Well, at least the different arrangement made for a nice touch. Initially, I was worried that this episode would fall into the royal love triangle cliché with the typical high-pitched, preening little brat, but I'm glad that the show once again steered clear from that dangerous pitfall. At least figuratively. Literally, well... Luna sure near lost her hide on that cliff. But the scene with Nike's rain veiling her tears actually made me like her a little bit more. Can't wait for the turning tables next week! Livi should probably step up his game. (Lol no I'm kidding, no matter how wise he is on the inside, more promiscuous matters should still wait until he gains a few more inches)


Red: I did as well! I thought it was going to be your typical bullcrap, but this series just continues to surprise me.

Blue: Nike is just a great, kindhearted person. Even to the people she dislikes. Her kindness is extremely genuine and pure. God, I love her.

Green: I'm really excited to see how Livi is going to react because this rival guy doesn't seem like he screws around. Though, I bet Livi will show him who's boss.
22278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/11/14

kdroberts wrote:


OniFeeZ wrote:

You know, no matter how much I love this anime (which is quite a bit), I still feel a bit creeped out by the general premise of Princess Nike falling in love with the King due to the fact that it makes nike a pedophile.

Livi looks like he's about 12 and Nike looks about 20.


What a yucky post.

You sound like a very boring person.


Good luck using an excuse like 'age doesn't really matter when it comes to love' to a courtroom judge.


bathroom64 wrote:


TheBluu wrote:
Says the guy with the pedo bear avatar :p

Which proves my point exactly.


How exactly does this 'prove your point'?

I get that the japanese may have a slightly different set of moral standards as my own country, but I'm pretty sure sex with minors is still illegal, even if they may be 'mature for their age.'

Seriously though; pretty sure they mentioned that he was quite young in something like the second episode.
3840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/11/14

OniFeeZ wrote:

Good luck using an excuse like 'age doesn't really matter when it comes to love' to a courtroom judge.


I bet you'd have a heart attack watching Monogatari.
5304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Inaba
Offline
Posted 5/11/14
Don't even get me started on Nike. She's just so far on the spectrum of the most unconventional protagonists you'll ever encounter. At least, for me she is. I would remember knowing a character who doesn't hesitate to sock someone in the face if she thinks they deserve it, yet still able to see the good in them and help them regardless not a day later. She's brash, a little rough around the edges, has frequent bouts of anger and streaks of jealousy and depression, but at the same time she doesn't blame anyone for it. She doesn't wallow in negativity for too long and seeks to take action as soon as she can. The fact that she's never helpless and can take anyone on is ++ points. She's an angel without even trying. A flawed one, but an angel nonetheless.

You know those characters in anime where they're made out to be such a saint that you're convinced they've never committed a single sin in their life, and that they're oblivious to all but their state of constant altruism? I see a lot of them and they tend to strike a wrong nerve in me. People like that just don't exist. I'm so glad Nike's portrayed a human as all of us. And I think that's beautiful.
76870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/11/14
In what context is the age difference "wrong"?
58742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Online
Posted 5/11/14
Will people stoppp with the ageee thing?! Please.

We don't know their real ages. Just enjoy the anime.
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.