First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Black Lagoon Discussions
75434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

dracphelan wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


dracphelan wrote:

It is an absolutely awesome anime (and manga). Revy dealing with the guy who was bragging about his pistol was absolutely priceless. It somehow even funnier if you actually know firearms (because you realize that he is completely delusional).


I just love the bored and disgusted look on her face as he monologues.



The funny thing is, I know plenty of shooters who will get the same look when someone does this in real life. Generally speaking, people who do that kind of thing really do seem to be compensating for something (usually poor shooting skills). It's one thing to express an opinion (or give a review) when asked for one. It is another to brag about your firearm to people who didn't even ask your opinion.


well range etiquette isn't the same as sensible practice in combat either. I saw it more as shooting his mouth off when he should have been shooting his gun.


2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/23/14
Too bad they censor the F bomb. It's really awkward hearing Revy yell and there's a random loud beep cutting out half her dialogue
75434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/23/14
not sure what the point is anymore. most people can translate the bleeps.
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

not sure what the point is anymore. most people can translate the bleeps.


It's on at 2am, most kiddies would be asleep. They can leave it without censors
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

meowth900 wrote:

Too bad they censor the F bomb. It's really awkward hearing Revy yell and there's a random loud beep cutting out half her dialogue


If they are doing that, I suggest you go watch it on Funimation.
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

dracphelan wrote:


meowth900 wrote:

Too bad they censor the F bomb. It's really awkward hearing Revy yell and there's a random loud beep cutting out half her dialogue


If they are doing that, I suggest you go watch it on Funimation.


I have a couple years ago back when elite subscriber BS wasn't as poignant, it was a hell of a show. I'm just watching it on Toonami because why not? It's cool anime and tons better than soul eater
75434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

meowth900 wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

not sure what the point is anymore. most people can translate the bleeps.


It's on at 2am, most kiddies would be asleep. They can leave it without censors


Even more pointless then. Like I said. most people know what BLEEP means. so why bother bleeping it out?



79755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 3/23/14
Love this show. It's very high up on my favorites list. Though, I'd much prefer to watch my sub'd version than what is on Toonami. I just can't imagine any better voice than what Revy has now.
41382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

not sure what the point is anymore. most people can translate the bleeps.


They actually missed one but it was a quick curse! Like you said you know what they are saying! The anime (image) was very good I enjoyed watching it again!
41382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/23/14 , edited 3/23/14

CosinePie wrote:

Man, I hope Toonami doesn't shorten its OP, but unfortunately, I have a feeling it will.

One of my favorite anime and glad it's being aired!


The OP and ED looked intact!

BTW The OST

41382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/23/14 , edited 3/23/14
I enjoyed watching it again. Revy is so bad ass! The poor Yellow Flag Saloon! No wonder BL has to take on risky jobs with all the damage!
25147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 3/23/14
I wish the toonami version was uncensored
41382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

stark700 wrote:

This is dubbed right? How is it so far? I haven't seen the trailer of it yet.


A Preview Here

63542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 3/23/14
I missed the premier last night!

I caught up with the first episode on Funimation's youtube channel (I watched the subbed version). But it sounds like everyone says to watch the dub. So I guess I'll do that.

And how was the censoring? I know they censored the f-bombs, but what about the nudity?
2098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / L.A.
Offline
Posted 3/23/14

FLjerry2011 wrote:


CosinePie wrote:

Man, I hope Toonami doesn't shorten its OP, but unfortunately, I have a feeling it will.

One of my favorite anime and glad it's being aired!


The OP and ED looked intact!

BTW The OST



Ah, that's great to hear.

Got it DVR-ed so I'm definitely looking forward to it!

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.