First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Controversial Anime and Manga You Enjoyed
104075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

zendude wrote:

Von Hom Chan ~desu


Actually, she was more into the Softcore and Vanilla. I was referring to May.
Guardian of A/M/P
65272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 3/24/14 , edited 3/24/14

AnimeKami wrote:


zendude wrote:

Von Hom Chan ~desu


Actually, she was more into the Softcore and Vanilla. I was referring to May.


Really? Hmmm. I didn't think Vonny was such a prude.

Well, May was my next answer. "LAWL"

I wonder if these guys still exist.
104075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

zendude wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


zendude wrote:

Von Hom Chan ~desu


Actually, she was more into the Softcore and Vanilla. I was referring to May.


Really? Hmmm. I didn't think Vonny was such a prude.

Well, May was my next answer. "LAWL"

I wonder if these guys still exist.


Talked to refinder earlier this year, they are still together. From what I got out of the conversation she still walks around the house naked. Happy days for the him.

May... I have not talked to. GPG is the only contact that can get in touch with her. I will poke around next time I see him on Starcraft 2.
Posted 3/24/14

Hairbelly wrote:

I happen to read the rest of the Usagi Drop ( /usagi-drop) source (after the time skip) and it didn't really bother me as much as I thought it might. I know some people were quite put off by the second half, but I didn't think it was that offensive.

Most controversial works or subject matter don't offend me as I have an extremely high threshold. I can't think of any subject that I would find offensive on its own. What really bums me out more is shitty writing in non-controversial anime/manga.

There is nothing worse than crap writing ...controversial or not.


That you for mentioning Usagi Drop. I read the manga fully as well, and I honestly think people raised too much of a fuss. Would it have been nice if it had continued in the same fashion as the first four volumes? Yes. Is the second half/ending really that awful? No...And after I thought about it, I was okay with how it ended. In fact, I thought was some rather sweet.

And I agree with the second half of your commentary as well.
Posted 3/24/14

mrkabkard wrote:

CHOBITS was great, and i am not ashamed


Did you read the manga? It really went into detail, and was so much better. Also the argument about different kinds of relationships is discussed in depth with some really great/meaningful writing.

70044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Online
Posted 3/24/14

zendude wrote:

Maybe I'm dense or just don't pay attention to the douching on this show, but I don't really see SAO as "controversial".

I would've put Kodomo no Jikan around this category, but even then, I'm still pretty dense. "LAWL"

(May there's another "controversial" that folks are talking about here, but then again, I'm still pretty dense. "LAWL")

It's at least the biggest fandom wars we've had in recent memory I think.
9945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houstonian!
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


mrkabkard wrote:

CHOBITS was great, and i am not ashamed


Did you read the manga? It really went into detail, and was so much better. Also the argument about different kinds of relationships is discussed in depth with some really great/meaningful writing.



I was quite suprised how deep chobits was at times and the ending hit me hard haha, but no i didn't read the manga its been so long since i watched the show that i kinda forgot the it existed until now
But if the manga is better I will definitely read it!
9945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houstonian!
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
Speaking of controversial, did anyone actually enjoy the endless eight?

70044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Online
Posted 3/24/14 , edited 3/24/14

mrkabkard wrote:

Speaking of controversial, did anyone actually enjoy the endless eight?

That's a good one. And I did. But that's because it fueled a sort of meta-experience outside the anime. It was less of a story and more of a singular event that the anime community can experience as a culture outside of the medium.

I honestly wish I'd seen it while it was airing so I could justify buying the t-shirt.
9945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houstonian!
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

Insomnist wrote:


mrkabkard wrote:

Speaking of controversial, did anyone actually enjoy the endless eight?

That's a good one. And I did. But that's because it fueled a sort of meta-experience outside the anime. It was less of a story and more of a singular event that the anime community can experience as a culture outside of the medium.

I honestly wish I'd seen it while it was airing so I could justify buying the t-shirt.


Oh god i sympathize with the people who watched it while it was airing. I personally enjoyed it because of how it helped you understand nagagto, but i have seen the "time loop" done better. Like in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni for example
70044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Online
Posted 3/24/14 , edited 3/24/14

mrkabkard wrote:

Oh god i sympathize with the people who watched it while it was airing. I personally enjoyed it because of how it helped you understand nagagto, but i have seen the "time loop" done better. Like in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni for example

I kind of agree, but just to quote myself since I remembered writing this once before when it came up:


Insomnist wrote:

There are a number of things you can criticize about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, particularly the Endless Eight arc. From the perspective of trying to make a good, entertaining anime, that arc makes no sense whatsoever.

But what I like about the series is that its "faults" took what would've been a decent but unremarkable show, and turned it into a timeless experience. It's like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, watching it puts you in an exclusive club.

Granted, the membership list is pretty huge, but you've still experienced something unique in anime. The Endless Eight arc was the wrong choice for entertainment, but the right choice for an EVENT which we can share as a culture.
9945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houstonian!
Offline
Posted 3/24/14 , edited 3/24/14



Insomnist wrote:

There are a number of things you can criticize about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, particularly the Endless Eight arc. From the perspective of trying to make a good, entertaining anime, that arc makes no sense whatsoever.

But what I like about the series is that its "faults" took what would've been a decent but unremarkable show, and turned it into a timeless experience. It's like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, watching it puts you in an exclusive club.

Granted, the membership list is pretty huge, but you've still experienced something unique in anime. The Endless Eight arc was the wrong choice for entertainment, but the right choice for an EVENT which we can share as a culture.


Well i cant argue with that at all, It was most definitely a memorable experience, but i don't think as many people would have powered through the endless eight if the first season wasn't so tremendously popular. As a stand alone work I had many problems with it while watching it, but I don't regret it one bit. I'd say I was just disappointed in the outcome because I felt like it had potential to be more that it ended up.
9205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / GA
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
Endless Eight was so bad that it somehow looped back around to endearing. They took it so far and made me so angry that when it was over I couldn't help but laugh: "You got me good you fuckers. Well played." It felt like one giant prank on anime viewers worldwide, and I can respect that.

As Insomnist said, it's worth watching at least for the battle pride.
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
Yeah, Koi Kaze one of my favorite Anime...other than that, I don't think Ive seen anything controversial in that sense
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
I liked that season of Haruhi, Endless Eight and all.

Liking SAO is controversial too right? Then yeah, SAO.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.