First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Who is your favorite Anime studio?
38909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
Makes me wish I had finished my favorite studios blog post, but it's still in the works.

1. BONES (No contest for me here.)

2. J.C. Staff (Pretty much everything I've seen from them I've at least liked.)
3. P.A. Works (Haven't seen as much P.A. Works as I have J.C. Staff, but they are favorites with their art style.)

Honorable Mention: SHAFT (The more I see, the more I like.
Honorable Mention: A-1 Pictures (They've missed on too many shows to be favorites, but they have had a lot of good stuff, too.)
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 3/24/14

I love being Shafted everyday.
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
9945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houstonian!
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

iblessall wrote:

Makes me wish I had finished my favorite studios blog post, but it's still in the works.

1. BONES (No contest for me here.)

2. J.C. Staff (Pretty much everything I've seen from them I've at least liked.)
3. P.A. Works (Haven't seen as much P.A. Works as I have J.C. Staff, but they are favorites with their art style.)

Honorable Mention: SHAFT (The more I see, the more I like.
Honorable Mention: A-1 Pictures (They've missed on too many shows to be favorites, but they have had a lot of good stuff, too.)


Hmm, i keep hearing a lot of good things about P.A. works, but the only thing I have seen that they are involved in is Angel Beats! so i guess i don't really have an opinion on them haha, What shows in particular have you seen?




RedExodus wrote:


I love being Shafted everyday.


the araragi in the top left totally got me
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/24/14 , edited 3/24/14
At the moment, Trigger and Silver Link... especially Silver Link. Love their lighting and editing.

Honorable Mentions:

- Bones
- SHAFT
- Kyoto Animation
- Ufotable
- Studio Ghibli
- Gainax

I'm also probably one of a few fans of the old GONZO stuff (Vandread, etc.)
38909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

mrkabkard wrote:
Hmm, i keep hearing a lot of good things about P.A. works, but the only thing I have seen that they are involved in is Angel Beats! so i guess i don't really have an opinion on them haha, What shows in particular have you seen?

Nagi no Asukara, of which I've only watched the first four episodes, but the art was drool-worthy & everyone watching it weekly seems to like it a lot.

Tari Tari, which I enjoyed and gave a 7/10. The Eccentric Family, which I loved and gave an 8/10.

Show they've done I have not seen include: Canaan, Another, True Tears and Red Data Girl.

They also have have an upcoming anime in the summer called Glasslip, which looks drop dead beautiful.
9945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houstonian!
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

Hairbelly wrote:

At the moment, Trigger and Silver Link... especially Silver Link. Love their lighting and editing.

Honorable Mentions:

- Bones
- SHAFT
- Kyoto Animation
- Ufotable
- Studio Ghibli
- Gainax

I'm also probably one of a few fans of the old GONZO stuff (Vandread, etc.)


Yea i think most people are pretty impressed by trigger after Kill la Kill, cant wait to see what else they make




iblessall wrote:


mrkabkard wrote:
Hmm, i keep hearing a lot of good things about P.A. works, but the only thing I have seen that they are involved in is Angel Beats! so i guess i don't really have an opinion on them haha, What shows in particular have you seen?

Nagi no Asukara, of which I've only watched the first four episodes, but the art was drool-worthy & everyone watching it weekly seems to like it a lot.

Tari Tari, which I enjoyed and gave a 7/10. The Eccentric Family, which I loved and gave an 8/10.

Show they've done I have not seen include: Canaan, Another, True Tears and Red Data Girl.

They also have have an upcoming anime in the summer called Glasslip, which looks drop dead beautiful.


Well i am a complete sucker for good visuals , which is why i loved Garden of Words. And ive been meaning to give Another a try cause i heard it was like Higurashi no naku kora ni so i might as well

81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
Hmm... KyoAni probably is my favorite.

But I also love:

Bones
P.A. Works
J.C. Staff
Gainax
Ufotable
Shaft occasionally...
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
Deja-vu I'm pretty sure I posted in a topic like this a couple weeks ago :P

Silver Link seems to be on the upswing, they've made some of my favorite series of the last couple years. I think they're going to be a major contender soon (sort of like PA Works of a few years ago).

Kyoto Animation has been a little bit more hit and miss for me lately, but they cater to about 4 of my top 5 anime of all time so I really have to go with them.

PA Works I only like about half of the titles they make in terms of story, but they know how to do some ridiculous background art, and their use of color is amaze-balls.

JC Staff Sure a lot of their titles are mediocre/above average in terms of animation quality. But since I'm a slice of life guy and they really do a lot for the genre, I have to say that I'm a fan.

Honorable mention to Shaft and Gainax. I don't love a lot of their titles, but those two studios definitely have unique and appealing styles.
71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/24/14 , edited 3/24/14
Existing: Shaft (aka Akiyuki Shinbo) > Ufotable > Gohands (they need better stories to complement their art).

New studios I'm fairly hyped about: Troyca > Trigger > Shuka.

Most of the others I don't have any consistent expectations of; except for KyoAni, which is KyoAni.
21205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Manchester, UK
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
My personal favorite would probably be P.A. Works, due to anime such as Hanasaku Iroha, Another and Nagi no Asukara. The artwork and attention to detail that P.A. Works produce is absolutely outstanding and plus I'm a huge fan of their character designs and background scenery.
9945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houstonian!
Offline
Posted 3/24/14

Balzack wrote:

Deja-vu I'm pretty sure I posted in a topic like this a couple weeks ago :P

Silver Link seems to be on the upswing, they've made some of my favorite series of the last couple years. I think they're going to be a major contender soon (sort of like PA Works of a few years ago).

Kyoto Animation has been a little bit more hit and miss for me lately, but they cater to about 4 of my top 5 anime of all time so I really have to go with them.

PA Works I only like about half of the titles they make in terms of story, but they know how to do some ridiculous background art, and their use of color is amaze-balls.

JC Staff Sure a lot of their titles are mediocre/above average in terms of animation quality. But since I'm a slice of life guy and they really do a lot for the genre, I have to say that I'm a fan.

Honorable mention to Shaft and Gainax. I don't love a lot of their titles, but those two studios definitely have unique and appealing styles.


Kyoto will always be the "classic" studio to me, and they have bunch in my top ten too and im a total slice of life fan boy too haha, golden time has got the feels



Insomnist wrote:

Existing: Shaft (aka Akiyuki Shinbo) > Ufotable > Gohands (they need better stories to complement their art).

New studios I'm fairly hyped about: Troyca > Trigger > Shuka.

Most of the others I don't have any consistent expectations of; except for KyoAni, which is KyoAni.


I totally agree with the better source material thing. Shaft in particular has made some of the most accurate adaptations from the source material i have seen and im pretty excited to see how they handle Mekaku city Actors .

Posted 3/24/14
MadHouse because Death Note + Claymore = Love
592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Between the devil...
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
I have yet to see my personal favorite mentioned. That would be Production I.G. They really had me by the eyeballs ever since Ghost In The Shell and several other works. Even their piece in the first Kill Bill movie was great. I saw it once and said, "That has to be Production I.G.'s work." They have a style that is unmistakable. After that, I'd say Bones for Cowboy Bebop. Gonzo comes in a close third.
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 3/24/14
P.A. Works, Bones, and Brains-Base are my favorites.

I also love A-1 Pictures' original anime productions. Not fond of most of their adaptions, though.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.