Is there romance in Seitokai Yakuindomo
10011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/14 , edited 3/25/14
One of my favourite genres is romance as well as comedy, I know that seitokai yakuindomo is fine in the comedy area but is there any proper romance in this manga/anime?
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

Wanted96 wrote:

One of my favourite genres is romance as well as comedy, I know that seitokai yakuindomo is fine in the comedy area but is there any proper romance in this manga/anime?


Of what I can remember off the top of my head from the Manga... not really... it was a lot more subtle and undertoned I think, given its only a 4-koma so you can only do oh so much in 4 panels. But also it has been awhile since I read any of SYD in its manga form.

The anime takes those undertones and other "romantic" things that happen bundle them all up and boost their power levels to the max to make it more apparent.

So if you are going to read/watch anything of SYD and expect a budding romance that is seen in a Romance manga expect to be disappointed. It is a comedy that for the most part from what I remember keeps most of its "story" in those quick 4 panel chapters.

12810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
Not really. A blush here and there but that's the most you'll get in the romance department.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
If you want romance, just write fan fiction or something...

But, like the others said, no not really...
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

Stonewolfe wrote:


Wanted96 wrote:

One of my favourite genres is romance as well as comedy, I know that seitokai yakuindomo is fine in the comedy area but is there any proper romance in this manga/anime?


Of what I can remember off the top of my head from the Manga... not really... it was a lot more subtle and undertoned I think, given its only a 4-koma so you can only do oh so much in 4 panels. But also it has been awhile since I read any of SYD in its manga form.

The anime takes those undertones and other "romantic" things that happen bundle them all up and boost their power levels to the max to make it more apparent.

So if you are going to read/watch anything of SYD and expect a budding romance that is seen in a Romance manga expect to be disappointed. It is a comedy that for the most part from what I remember keeps most of its "story" in those quick 4 panel chapters.
Sakura Trick is 4-koma and yet it manages to get the odd kiss in here and there LOL! Servant x Service... No problem with romance in 4-koma, no problem with anything actually. And you can string chapters together... or you can be totally random like Yuyushiki or Muromi-san. Aiura... I do love a good 4-koma!
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

hpulley wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:


Wanted96 wrote:

One of my favourite genres is romance as well as comedy, I know that seitokai yakuindomo is fine in the comedy area but is there any proper romance in this manga/anime?


Of what I can remember off the top of my head from the Manga... not really... it was a lot more subtle and undertoned I think, given its only a 4-koma so you can only do oh so much in 4 panels. But also it has been awhile since I read any of SYD in its manga form.

The anime takes those undertones and other "romantic" things that happen bundle them all up and boost their power levels to the max to make it more apparent.

So if you are going to read/watch anything of SYD and expect a budding romance that is seen in a Romance manga expect to be disappointed. It is a comedy that for the most part from what I remember keeps most of its "story" in those quick 4 panel chapters.
Sakura Trick is 4-koma and yet it manages to get the odd kiss in here and there LOL! Servant x Service... No problem with romance in 4-koma, no problem with anything actually. And you can string chapters together... or you can be totally random like Yuyushiki or Muromi-san. Aiura... I do love a good 4-koma!


I didn't even realize Sakura Trick and Servant x Service were 4-koma. Of course of 4-komas SYD is the only one I have read.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

Stonewolfe wrote:
...
I didn't even realize Sakura Trick and Servant x Service were 4-koma. Of course of 4-komas SYD is the only one I have read.
Yes, and Kinmoza and Mikakunin de Shinkoukei... Kotoura-san... tons of good 4-koma adaptations these days.
Sogno- 
45756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/14
^ Gekkan Shoujo Nozami-kun is another 4-koma to be adapted this summer, it's hilarious... also tagged as romance... without any actual romance totally worth watching/reading though
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/23/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.