First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Will Fairy Tale come to crunchyroll?
30534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

Sacae89 wrote:


Tmaxxer wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


Tmaxxer wrote:

Personally the best bet is it turning out like No-Rin with Funimation getting the North American streaming rights. While Crunchyroll getting other regions of the world that Funimation will not stream for.



BUT....Im North American.......>.> Thats not fair.

Funimation uses Hulu right?

I hate ads.


The issue at hand is that Fairy Tail is one of Funimation's biggest properties right now and they probably want to keep it theirs for as long as possible. Their official facebook page for Fairy Tail is just shy of 800,000 followers and it sits at number 8 for all time streaming in hulu's anime section. These numbers do not mean much but it shows that there is potentially a lot of viewers to be had for them if they secure an exclusive license for North America. Even just 2% of those followers watching their streams is 16,000 viewers.


But isnt One Piece Funi too? And we got that for recent episodes for a good time and now are even getting backlog.


True however besides One Piece and Toriko from my knowledge no other Funimation licensed show has ever found its way onto Crunchyroll. Unless they are shared from the very beginning or are picked up by CR first with a later Funimation license. However like others have said there is a small chance that you could see a shared simulcast for the new season but do not get your hopes too high.
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14


But isnt One Piece and Toriko big titles?

So if CR managed to grab those....

Maybe?

*blind hope*

30534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

Sacae89 wrote:



But isnt One Piece and Toriko big titles?

So if CR managed to grab those....

Maybe?

*blind hope*



I never said they were not big titles my point is besides those two no other title in Funimation's catalog have ever found their way on to Crunchyroll. Unless like noted above they are shared or are on CR first.
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/25/14

Tmaxxer wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:



But isnt One Piece and Toriko big titles?

So if CR managed to grab those....

Maybe?

*blind hope*



I never said they were not big titles my point is besides those two no other title in Funimation's catalog have ever found their way on to Crunchyroll. Unless like noted above they are shared or are on CR first.



Oh okay sorry.
The Wise Wizard
99911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 3/26/14

Sacae89 wrote:

BUT....Im North American.......>.> Thats not fair.

Funimation uses Hulu right?

I hate ads.

Funimation also has an ad-free premium service with 720p video.

21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 3/26/14
It will be pointless with out the first one.
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/26/14 , edited 3/26/14

TheAncientOne wrote:

If someone required that I had to say whether CR would get it or not, and if I got it wrong I would be tortured to death, I would definitely go with, "They won't".

I think there is a slim chance CR will have a shared simulcast with Funimation, but I'm not expecting that. I would be equally surprised if Funimation didn't have it as a simulcast.

If we were both asked that question one of us would be getting tortured.


Tmaxxer wrote:

True however besides One Piece and Toriko from my knowledge no other Funimation licensed show has ever found its way onto Crunchyroll. Unless they are shared from the very beginning or are picked up by CR first with a later Funimation license. However like others have said there is a small chance that you could see a shared simulcast for the new season but do not get your hopes too high.

On the flipside Funimation has never licensed a simulcast from TV Tokyo. Funi has licensed series airing on TV Tokyo from companies like Sunrise and Mediafactory, but those series are from licensors who handle international distribution themself (in other words TV Tokyo never had the simulcast rights for those series in the first place).

Kodansha has been providing more simulcast rights lately but I'd still expect TV Tokyo to be the main simulcast right holder. Even if Kodansha did have the rights or Funimation went around TV Tokyo (which is unprecedented), I would fully expect a shared simulcast because of their manga deal with CR and the precedent set by Attack on Titan.

So basically TV Tokyo will want a CR stream while Kodansha should want a shared stream. Funi would like an exclusive stream, but I can't see them pushing so hard for exclusivity that the production committee would change their mind.

As a rough estimate I would put the chances of a shared simulcast at around 60%, CR exclusive 30%, Funi exclusive 10%.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 3/26/14
I would be willing to get back into Fairy Tail if CR got it...
The Wise Wizard
99911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 3/26/14

Thfelese wrote:

It will be pointless with out the first one.

I don't see why. CR did simulcast the original series as it aired (available only to premium members, and only for 30 days per episode), so there have been a lot of people that have already seen it.

There are also people that would have seen the original series via less than legal means.

Finally, not everyone has a problem with viewing a sequel series before or without seeing the original.




llamaben wrote:

If we were both asked that question one of us would be getting tortured.

Ouch.

Odd that I didn't get a notification on your quote.


On the flipside Funimation has never licensed a simulcast from TV Tokyo. Funi has licensed series airing on TV Tokyo from companies like Sunrise and Mediafactory, but those series are from licensors who handle international distribution themself (in other words TV Tokyo never had the simulcast rights for those series in the first place).

Interesting. As usual, your case is well reasoned. If the "tortured to death" scenario were in place, I would be rather nervous now.

A question: I assume Funimation has licensed some series directly from TV Tokyo before (just not as simulcasts). If so, I wonder what the result would be if Funimation also licensed the home video rights right out of the gate? Would that be enough to sway TV Tokyo to give them exclusive streaming, or would TV Tokyo insist on a shared stream with CR?

2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/26/14
To be honest I hope crunchyroll streams it since they have Bleach, Naruto and One Piece finally. I think Fairy Tail is like the underdog of the two shonen under One Piece. So if they had Fairy Tail on here then it would be complete along with those three

I'd include Hunter x Hunter but that anime's too badass by itself
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/26/14 , edited 3/26/14

TheAncientOne wrote:

A question: I assume Funimation has licensed some series directly from TV Tokyo before (just not as simulcasts). If so, I wonder what the result would be if Funimation also licensed the home video rights right out of the gate? Would that be enough to sway TV Tokyo to give them exclusive streaming, or would TV Tokyo insist on a shared stream with CR?

I don't believe TV Tokyo handles home video rights.

Logically speaking the home video license shouldn't be too important in this case since Funimation would be willing to license the series regardless of a simulcast. Of course things aren't always decided with logic so it would most likely help them get simulcast rights, but I don't think it would stop a shared stream.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/20/15
Is there any way to get episode 13-48 from the first series. They seem to be missing. I'm not sure where in there was the last one I've seen but I'm pretty sure that I'm not up to 49 where it picks back up at.
wyrvan 
59194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Online
Posted 5/20/15

illuminary420 wrote:

Is there any way to get episode 13-48 from the first series. They seem to be missing. I'm not sure where in there was the last one I've seen but I'm pretty sure that I'm not up to 49 where it picks back up at.


Those episodes are exclusive to Funimation and Netflix so those two sites are your best bet.

4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/21/15 , edited 5/22/15
Thanks, but I just found another site that has all of them. It's [redacted]. If there is some shows that aren't on here, it looks like that will be the first place I'll look from now on.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.