First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Compliments Mistaken As Flirting
26434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Future Gadget Lab...
Offline
Posted 3/26/14
Besides, the only human in the existence of anime who can flirt without it sounding bad is the God of Conquest himself:



8989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Buttermilk
Offline
Posted 3/26/14
Oh God that can see the ending lol. He ended up having to marry the first girl from the * season so even god had hell to pay.
Anyhow when I compliment women I'm honest. Meaning I say what I mean and mean what I say.
15775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
I've never taken it as such. I have had people compliment me on my eyes many times. If anything, it just makes me feel good after. Compliments are like anti-depressant meds.
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
Yes. It's pretty annoying sometimes.

Usually occurs when I'm just having lively conversations with a woman. The woman doesn't consider it flirting at all but others will accuse me of it. It's not even me complimenting her on something. It's just a good random conversation.

People have a very poor definition of what should constitute as flirting around where I am I guess.
1613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
I've both mistaken compliments for flirting, and been completely oblivious to when people have tried to flirt with me. :I
I feel like it's really hard to judge whether or there's "that" kind of motive. Especially with a friend. Are they hitting on me? Is that just their way of expressing endearment? Was that touch a socially awkward kind of touch, or do you want something from me?
Women are brought up to be wary, so you end up having to judge and weigh everything, to suspect some sort of ulterior motive, and that's why you can't just take courtesy at face value.
5774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / controling your soul
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
Hey i love it when guys compliment me, as long as its in a nice respectful way. Like
"Wow, you look beautiful today." , "You get prettier everyday" "you have a great smile"
Stuff like that.
A no no for me would be
"Hey baby, you got some nice lips"
"Damn, you look sexy today."
"Can i sniff you?." <----Yes, someone has asked me that.
Stuff like that will label you a "creeper"

I don't even mind the crappy pick lines. Aslong as they're witty and funny i don't mind.
Note: most girls hate pick up lines.
Posted 3/27/14

wisdomwearsprada wrote:

Do you guys have ever felt that when you compliment someone else, do they think it's flirting? It's weird because when a certain person gives another a compliment, that person accidentally takes it as flirting. This usually happens in my town and it is weird as hell. I know it is a bad thing because I have done it a couple of times and some girls thought I was just trying to get their number or taking it the wrong way.

When you are being courteous to one another, they think you're trying to get at them or whatever, and assume all the stupid things about it. I do think that some girls in my town assume it is a bad thing and nobody knows why. I'm not sure if this happens to where you guys live or whatever.

Have you guys ever felt this way at all, or is it just me?


WOAH MAN. This is what happens to me too! And I'm a girl \\(0^0)//

Ok, I'm being friendly to this stupid guy, and he thinks I"m crushing on him and flirting with him. When I tell him that he looks nice in his jumper he goes immediately to "Umm.. I have a girlfriend." *facepalm*

It's really annoying.

There were other people like that too.

I tell them they are handsome and they think I'm hitting on them.

IT'S NOT JUST YOU. D:
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
I hate the term "thirsty". Yo cant compliment a girl without being called thirsty.

And this is the definition if you dont know what it means: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thirsty
Posted 3/27/14

Fuddbender wrote:


IShouldBeStudying wrote:

I've completely given up on complimenting girls. Every time I do they thank me with a "weirdo" or "ew, creeper"

Sometimes they wouldn't say either. They'd just stare at me with an ugly face that made me want to take my compliment back


I agree. Girls these days don't know how to take a compliment. And it seems like the label creeper is being used more and more. I really hate that word. It just puts a sour feeling stomach of hate towards certain types of people.

Anyway, I have one particular girl who I talked to once and she's totally clinged to me ever since. She's not my type, we have nothing in common and I really she would just stop texting me.


I wouldn't do this if I were you. It's never a good idea to leave a good girl like her hanging too much and later on, she will stop having feelings for you and guys later regret this. Girls like her end up being the one for guys, and many guys want a girl to give her attention to them. I would talk to her if I were you, bro. Who knows? She could actually be amazing once you get to know her better, just give her a chance. You will see the results.
Posted 3/27/14

dragontackle wrote:

I hate the term "thirsty". Yo cant compliment a girl without being called thirsty.

And this is the definition if you dont know what it means: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thirsty


Dude, holy crap! I hear this everywhere in my town and it's so annoying. -.-
Posted 3/27/14

CandyPopShop wrote:


wisdomwearsprada wrote:

Do you guys have ever felt that when you compliment someone else, do they think it's flirting? It's weird because when a certain person gives another a compliment, that person accidentally takes it as flirting. This usually happens in my town and it is weird as hell. I know it is a bad thing because I have done it a couple of times and some girls thought I was just trying to get their number or taking it the wrong way.

When you are being courteous to one another, they think you're trying to get at them or whatever, and assume all the stupid things about it. I do think that some girls in my town assume it is a bad thing and nobody knows why. I'm not sure if this happens to where you guys live or whatever.

Have you guys ever felt this way at all, or is it just me?


WOAH MAN. This is what happens to me too! And I'm a girl \\(0^0)//

Ok, I'm being friendly to this stupid guy, and he thinks I"m crushing on him and flirting with him. When I tell him that he looks nice in his jumper he goes immediately to "Umm.. I have a girlfriend." *facepalm*

It's really annoying.

There were other people like that too.

I tell them they are handsome and they think I'm hitting on them.

IT'S NOT JUST YOU. D:


Thank you so much. I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. (: Yeah, people assume the worst shit and it's fucking stupid. You weren't flirting with this man, you were just being friendly, that's all. You did not have any strings attached to it.
Posted 3/27/14

wisdomwearsprada wrote:


CandyPopShop wrote:


wisdomwearsprada wrote:

Do you guys have ever felt that when you compliment someone else, do they think it's flirting? It's weird because when a certain person gives another a compliment, that person accidentally takes it as flirting. This usually happens in my town and it is weird as hell. I know it is a bad thing because I have done it a couple of times and some girls thought I was just trying to get their number or taking it the wrong way.

When you are being courteous to one another, they think you're trying to get at them or whatever, and assume all the stupid things about it. I do think that some girls in my town assume it is a bad thing and nobody knows why. I'm not sure if this happens to where you guys live or whatever.

Have you guys ever felt this way at all, or is it just me?


WOAH MAN. This is what happens to me too! And I'm a girl \\(0^0)//

Ok, I'm being friendly to this stupid guy, and he thinks I"m crushing on him and flirting with him. When I tell him that he looks nice in his jumper he goes immediately to "Umm.. I have a girlfriend." *facepalm*

It's really annoying.

There were other people like that too.

I tell them they are handsome and they think I'm hitting on them.

IT'S NOT JUST YOU. D:


Thank you so much. I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. (: Yeah, people assume the worst shit and it's fucking stupid. You weren't flirting with this man, you were just being friendly, that's all. You did not have any strings attached to it.


HAHA CHYEAHH <3 Hell no. Absolutely no strings attached. It could be that they are so egoistic tyhey think every second someone is hitting on them >.> And IIII thought I was thr narcissist. Seriously. People these days.
Posted 3/27/14
I mistake everything someone would say to me as flirting.

The ego level is too damn high LOL.
226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
It depends on how you say it I guess?
Guys can compliment girls without having the girls think that the guy is flirting with them.
Posted 3/27/14


MHM
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.