First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/3/14

SpenzOT wrote:


iamtheredseven wrote:

You know I've recently gotten into a LN called Mushoku Tensei that is fan-translated. Makes me wonder what the Gate LN is like.


GATE isn't a LN, it is a full-blown novel series, which is why it will never be translated. Someone actually tried to translate the first GATE novel, but it turned out to be so complex, so long, and so full of difficult vocabulary that they figured that nothing short of a fully paid translation team could actually pull it off, so it was dropped after the first couple chapters.

At least this is what I heard when someone asked about it.


Ah, that's a shame.
82584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / SLC
Offline
Posted 10/3/14

SpenzOT wrote:


iamtheredseven wrote:

You know I've recently gotten into a LN called Mushoku Tensei that is fan-translated. Makes me wonder what the Gate LN is like.


GATE isn't a LN, it is a full-blown novel series, which is why it will never be translated. Someone actually tried to translate the first GATE novel, but it turned out to be so complex, so long, and so full of difficult vocabulary that they figured that nothing short of a fully paid translation team could actually pull it off, so it was dropped after the first couple chapters.

At least this is what I heard when someone asked about it.


Yes it's a series of I think three or four full novels. The author has started rewriting it into a LN series there are raws out there for it I believe from the folks that are scanlating the manga. Also I've really enjoyed the manga, but I *wish* the novels were translated and available I think they'd be much, much more interesting.
26027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/4/14
Seems like the anime "World Trigger" that crunchy picked up has a similar story.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/6/14 , edited 10/6/14
You know, it's a shame there isn't really any other series that are close to something like this. I mean, I love military stuff(was in the army), and the mangaka really likes military stuff too and you can tell. The whole modern vs. fantasy setting is pretty cool as well.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/10/14
Sigh. It's really hard being a Gate fan.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 10/10/14 , edited 10/10/14
Reminder that while it's nice to see some appreciation for the manga series, be careful with what content you choose to link on Crunchyroll.


1. Please refrain from linking to or explicitly naming sites that share Anime, Manga, Drama, Music, translations, or other material illegally.


http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Site_Rules
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/11/14

AHTL wrote:

Reminder that while it's nice to see some appreciation for the manga series, be careful with what content you choose to link on Crunchyroll.


1. Please refrain from linking to or explicitly naming sites that share Anime, Manga, Drama, Music, translations, or other material illegally.


http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Site_Rules


But, the web-manga is posted for free every month by the author.....
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 10/11/14

iamtheredseven wrote:

But, the web-manga is posted for free every month by the author.....


That may be so, but the sites that were linked in this thread still hosts other manga series without permission.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 10/29/14 , edited 10/30/14
New raws are out. Great chapter. Expect a translation in the next day or so.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewManga/?no=496

From the OFFICIAL site.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 12/4/14
New chapter's out. Holy plot batman. They've finally started doing things haha.
16077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 1/3/15
Rejoice my fellow GATE lovers!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2pr298/gatethus_the_jsdf_fought_there_anime_announced/

That's right guys....

They are adapting it into an ANIME

Pray to the anime gods that CrunchyRoll gets the simulcast green light!!
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 1/5/15

Lawson51 wrote:

Rejoice my fellow GATE lovers!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2pr298/gatethus_the_jsdf_fought_there_anime_announced/

That's right guys....

They are adapting it into an ANIME

Pray to the anime gods that CrunchyRoll gets the simulcast green light!!


That's old news. And at least post to the official page and not some reddit bs.
1198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Basement with lot...
Offline
Posted 5/19/15
Last chapter was bloody awesome!
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 5/19/15

Akoolpoptart wrote:

Last chapter was bloody awesome!


Sure was. No chapter this month though.
544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/15
shes using him you learn this later
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.