First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Quantity of Love
9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 3/26/14
love is hard for me to find no matter what kind or where it comes from or who it comes from

i am hated all they way around



852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
Sure. That's why in some video games you have to raise a persons love points to a certain amount in order proceed to their route.
9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 3/27/14 , edited 3/27/14

spinningtoehold0 wrote:

Sure. That's why in some video games you have to raise a persons love points to a certain amount in order proceed to their route.


well not in skyrim

you just put on an amulet

&

ask "are you interested in me" ~~~~ the game is programmed to say yes 100% of the time

and then you go get married with no objections

EDIT
====

there is no leveling up relationship points in that game, but if the game had a companion system setup

where.......

is you progress through the story and also help that companions story arc and maintain the right dialogue choices that match the programmed personality traits for them

the game would be alot more fun than a button smasher it is
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14

Anamalous wrote:



well not in skyrim

you just put on an amulet

&

ask "are you interested in me" ~~~~ the game is programmed to say yes 100% of the time

and then you go get married with no objections

EDIT
====

there is no leveling up relationship points in that game, but if the game had a companion system setup

where.......

is you progress through the story and also help that companions story arc and maintain the right dialogue choices that match the programmed personality traits for them

the game would be alot more fun than a button smasher it is


Yeah. Just putting on an amulet to get someone to love you sounds kinda funny in a way, though way too easy and somewhat hollow.
Posted 3/27/14

spinningtoehold0 wrote:


Anamalous wrote:



well not in skyrim

you just put on an amulet

&

ask "are you interested in me" ~~~~ the game is programmed to say yes 100% of the time

and then you go get married with no objections

EDIT
====

there is no leveling up relationship points in that game, but if the game had a companion system setup

where.......

is you progress through the story and also help that companions story arc and maintain the right dialogue choices that match the programmed personality traits for them

the game would be alot more fun than a button smasher it is


Yeah. Just putting on an amulet to get someone to love you sounds kinda funny in a way, though way too easy and somewhat hollow.


Not if all you want are love slaves...

32130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Merry ol' England
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
I don't think you can really quantify emotions, same goes for happiness, sadness, fear, depression, anger, lust, etc.

You can approximate, say, have more for one than another, but to me, quantifying something implies a certain accuracy and measure, I.E. Metres, litres, gallons, kilos, pounds, grams, pence or cents.

Life would be a hell of a lot easier if you could just raise a few flags and buy someone a milkshake over and over again each afternoon to grind their love-love points up.
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14

LadyDumplings wrote:


Not if all you want are love slaves...


I guess that amulet is the evil way to gain love.
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14

KosherKrackers wrote:

I don't think you can really quantify emotions, same goes for happiness, sadness, fear, depression, anger, lust, etc.

You can approximate, say, have more for one than another, but to me, quantifying something implies a certain accuracy and measure, I.E. Metres, litres, gallons, kilos, pounds, grams, pence or cents.

Life would be a hell of a lot easier if you could just raise a few flags and buy someone a milkshake over and over again each afternoon to grind their love-love points up.


That doesn't sound easy at all! Milkshakes are expensive!
32130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Merry ol' England
Offline
Posted 3/27/14

spinningtoehold0 wrote:


KosherKrackers wrote:

I don't think you can really quantify emotions, same goes for happiness, sadness, fear, depression, anger, lust, etc.

You can approximate, say, have more for one than another, but to me, quantifying something implies a certain accuracy and measure, I.E. Metres, litres, gallons, kilos, pounds, grams, pence or cents.

Life would be a hell of a lot easier if you could just raise a few flags and buy someone a milkshake over and over again each afternoon to grind their love-love points up.


That doesn't sound easy at all! Milkshakes are expensive!


Hey, I never said it was cheap, but really, buying milkshake's is easy, easier than actually putting the time in to talking and making funnies anyway.
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14 , edited 3/27/14

KosherKrackers wrote:


spinningtoehold0 wrote:


KosherKrackers wrote:

I don't think you can really quantify emotions, same goes for happiness, sadness, fear, depression, anger, lust, etc.

You can approximate, say, have more for one than another, but to me, quantifying something implies a certain accuracy and measure, I.E. Metres, litres, gallons, kilos, pounds, grams, pence or cents.

Life would be a hell of a lot easier if you could just raise a few flags and buy someone a milkshake over and over again each afternoon to grind their love-love points up.


That doesn't sound easy at all! Milkshakes are expensive!


Hey, I never said it was cheap, but really, buying milkshake's is easy, easier than actually putting the time in to talking and making funnies anyway.


I disagree. Taking the time to talk each afternoon is a much easier way to grind the love points than buying milkshakes each afternoon.
8989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Buttermilk
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
I think it can be simply put. Yes it can this answer can be found as soon as you are born.
Ask your mom(no offense) but if she didn't love you she would have abandoned you.
9308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
I think there a different loves at different levels like

Friends
Best Friends
Romantic interest
Lover
Soul mate (using it as an example not that it exists)
Obsession

and of course there are different loves for different members of family but that really does vary from the individuals view on family (some people hate brothers or sisters where as others may really love and respect them)
10089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/27/14
So far most of you've made groups like family, romantic and friend but how do you know who are what? What is the 'quantity' needed to reach the different states or are they completely different types of love in your opinions? Do you feel your heart beating when thinking of a love interest or do you simply like being near a person enough so you decide that you love the person (and compared to what)?
Posted 3/27/14 , edited 3/27/14
i think it differs from one person to another.


as someone with an artistic mindset, the way that i can quantify how much i love someone is... if the person i love can inspire me to write great poetry about him, or paint a portrait of him. that is the proof of the intensity of my love, its my artwork...




30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/27/14 , edited 3/27/14
This thread is so stupid it automatically puts me in the wrong mindset to find the words to answer the question.

Edit:
It can be quantitative on the condition that it is also measured as continuous data and measured by and according to an unbiased third party measuring system that's able to read minds like checking chemical levels or something.

here
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.