First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Who Do You Think Will Dominate The Car Industry In The Next Year?
Posted 1/29/08
i say toyota becuz with all their cheap and new ways to save gas. i think they will be the top dog for atleast a decade maybe 2. but who ever finds a sufficent, easy way to save gas then i guess that will be the company to dominate.
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 1/29/08
Its so hard to say right now...
Technology is progressing so fast, that at any moment in time, any company could take over another in popularity in design and engineering.

But with the new GT-R, Nissan is making quite the name for itself, since its such an iconic Japanese car.
515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/29/08
lol toyota has got it in the bag hands down
Posted 1/29/08
well depends on category but if BMW (I think thats who makes the hydrocell engines) puts their engine idea to production than the will have it, hands down.
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 1/29/08

GreekCotan wrote:

well depends on category but if BMW (I think thats who makes the hydrocell engines) puts their engine idea to production than the will have it, hands down.


I hear BMW is on the fence about creating a somewhat high end car for a pretty low-end price...somewhere in the vicinity of 30-40,000 dollars. I'm think they're doing that because they expect most people to be attracted to the deal and buy it, mainly just to say they own a high end BMW, and will expect to compensate the cost with sales and repair charges on those specific models.
Though it remains only a rumor, if BMW launches it...they could become very dominate in the industry...but its also a huge gamble.
Posted 1/29/08

pookie052606 wrote:


GreekCotan wrote:

well depends on category but if BMW (I think thats who makes the hydrocell engines) puts their engine idea to production than the will have it, hands down.


I hear BMW is on the fence about creating a somewhat high end car for a pretty low-end price...somewhere in the vicinity of 30-40,000 dollars. I'm think they're doing that because they expect most people to be attracted to the deal and buy it, mainly just to say they own a high end BMW, and will expect to compensate the cost with sales and repair charges on those specific models.
Though it remains only a rumor, if BMW launches it...they could become very dominate in the industry...but its also a huge gamble.


ahh, well I've never been much of an exotics fan.. though a porsche 911 GT3 or Carerra GT would be nice ^_^
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 1/29/08
Aha I see. Yeah I went to a car show the other day, the Carerra GT is SOOO nice.
Just sitting in it...oh man...
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/08
Hyundai, their bold move with rwd platforms and the new genesis sedan shows is impressive, the rest of their lineup gets better and better too. They're like toyota back then in the 90's now.

a huge LOL @ toyota, quality is slipping, their products are boring shit, and they look ugly to boot.
1512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 1/30/08
MEEE >.<
1512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 1/30/08
jk i think bmw
16894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / SF Bay Area, CA (...
Offline
Posted 1/30/08
This is pointless, because, the top 3 will always dominate the majority of sales.


Just because it sells a lot...doesn't mean it's the best


Obviously, the Toyota corporation and General Motors will dominate. Worldwide...


And I hope Subaru gains sales, even though I hate the fact that their cars are becoming more mainstream
12211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
L.A.
Offline
Posted 1/30/08

AWDfreak wrote:

This is pointless, because, the top 3 will always dominate the majority of sales.


Just because it sells a lot...doesn't mean it's the best


Obviously, the Toyota corporation and General Motors will dominate. Worldwide...


And I hope Subaru gains sales, even though I hate the fact that their cars are becoming more mainstream :(


Yep, total agreement. Don't forget Toyota's stake in Subaru, as well, which increases their marketshare.

In the performance/enthusiast market, I think Subaru will continue to grow. At the more affordable end, the Impreza WRX is the best it's ever been, although some may dispute the appearance end of things, and the new STi is much more enthusiast-oriented than the new EvoX. (Better looking in person, as well, I saw my first Evo X today, after having seen a few '08 STIs, the Evo is horrendous.)
7076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / london, england
Offline
Posted 1/30/08
any car from Japan...they have kool cars.....
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
Japanese cars are cool. it can take on all kinds of consumers and match other car categories.
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Up your ass. You...
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
Skyline GT-R, end of story.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.