*****Will add reasons later*****
GJ-bu (GJ Club)
Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they?
The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Attack on Titan
Suisei no Gargantia
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
The Eccentric Family
The World God Only Knows Megami-hen
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular
Monogatari Series Second Season
Kill la Kill
Nagi no Asukara
Gundam Build Fighters
Hajime No Ippo Rising
White Album 2
Animanga hunter extraordinaire
1. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - such a fun and hilarious series. Rika's "universe!" line was perfect.
2. Chihayafuru 2 - more karuta goodness and the relationship between Chihaya and Taichi was the icing on the cake.
3. Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - amazing SHAFT visuals and a unique story make this one stand out
4. Vividred Operation - delivered the fanserivce it promised, docking operation!
1. Oreimo - the characters and their antics are very compelling. There's a lot of heart too.
2. Attack on Titan - action, suspense, drama, it has it all. It was very gripping and a fun thrill ride to say the least.
3. Suisei no Gargantia - seeing this futuristic human have to deal with life on an alien planet and come to love the people was great.
4. Kakumeiki Valvrave - very nice mecha action and an interesting story make this one stand out to me.
1. WataMote - Tomoko's antics were priceless to watch. So much fun and great dark comedy.
2. Servant × Service - I loved the setting being a gov't office and seeing adult characters. The romance was also very nice.
3. Genshiken Nidaime - It's the fujoshi's turn to run Genshiken and seeing their side was interesting. Madarame also get time to shine.
1. Kill la Kill - bold visuals and brash action with Trigger's signature style is a recipe for awesomeness.
2. Golden Time - such a nice change of pace from high school romance to see college life represented. Kouko is loco, but lovable.
3. Yuushibu - so many feels here. It more than exceeded my expectations by delivering a sweet story with the fanservice.
4. Noucome - stupid, but laugh out loud funny. The gags really hit well when they hit. So many memorable scenes.
5. Outbreak Company - a surprisingly touching story and a great fantasy world. The politics with the world was also a nice touch.
6. Phi Brain Kami No Puzzle - it's puzzle time and Kaito and friends doing what they do best, save the world using puzzles.
7. Valvrave the Liberator 2 - a very good follow up to the first arc. It's no Code Geass, but it is still darn good and entertaining.
8. Log Horizon - a cool concept with the game world being real and the PotL being sentient.
Sento for President
1. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Above Average Harem, I liked it.
2. Chihayafuru - Consistently awesome, one of the front-runners.
3. GJ-Club - Might be my favorite harem of the year, next to The World God Only Knows.
4. Maoyuu - Interesting, enjoyable, but slightly bland at times.
5. Minami-ke - Enjoyable, consistently fun series, but nothing more.
6. Nekomonogatari - Monogatari as usual, loved it.
7. Problem Children are Coming From the Other World, Aren't They? - Completely average plot and characters, INCREDIBLE execution.
8. Sasami-San@Ganbaranai - I'm a bit of a SHAFT fan, really liked this one.
1. Aku no Hana - ART. That is all.
2. Attack on Titan - Awesome series that lived up to the hype. Not the best from the year, but still a great show.
3. Devil Survivor 2 - Really great ending made up for slow start.
4. A Certain Scientific Railgun S - A retelling of one of the best arcs of the series. Awesome.
5. Haiyore! Nyarko-san - Hilarious as usual, and they fixed the bad protagonist from the first season.
6. Hataraku Maou-sama - Liked this way more than I thought I would, hoping for a second season.
7. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - One of my favorites of the year. Another case of good story-telling with fantastic execution.
8. Yuyushiki - Funny show, lovable characters.
1. Gatchaman Crowds - Should have been one of the best of the year, but something just felt off at times.
2. Genshiken - Great series as always.
3. Sunday Without God - The first arc alone could have made some of the best stories of the year. Rest of the show is just above average.
4. Love Lab - Characters and jokes we've seen a million times, with excellent execution. Great show.
5. Monogatari - One of the best of the year, one of my all-time favorites.
6. The World God Only Knows - Great series as usual. May be the best harem of the year.
7. Silver Spoon - Endearing, funny, interesting, Touching, educational. Would be completely fine with this one winning.
8. The Eccentric Family - Just bad enough to not be one of my favorites. Should have been incredible, but there was just something missing.
1. Kill la Kill - Hopefully it doesn't win.
2. Kyousougiga - Hopefully it wins -- probably my favorite for the year.
3. Kuroko no Basuke - Exciting as usual.
4. Little Busters! ~Refrain~ - Making up for the painful first season, part 2 did not disappoint.
5. Log Horizon - Well-done characterization, interesting events, cool story. Love it.
6. Nagi no Asukara - P.A. Works finally making shows that aren't just pretty. One of the best of the year.
7. Noucome - Diomedea, man. They consistently make average, over-tried concepts feel awesome. Loved this show.
8. Tokyo Ravens - There were at least 6 other shows that could have taken this last spot, but Tokyo Ravens is the only show among them that never once disappointed me. Hoping for a second season.
As usual my reasoning will get longer as the contest goes on. For now it's just a brief one-liner for each thing. Each season is in alphabetical order, and using the Japanese name.
Winter series: (watched: 16, voting for 7)
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - I felt this was a lot better than the first series was.
- Chihayafuru 2 - another sequel, and just as enjoyable as the first.
- Kotoura-san - a lot of people seemed to be put off by the tone changes in this but I liked it all the way through.
- Love Live School Idol Project - the biggest surprise hit for me of the year.
- Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (Problem Children) - The books are sitting on my bookshelf. I need to actually read them some time.
- Vividred Operation - engrossing and very well written series.
- Yama no Susume - best short [s]of the year[/s] ever.
Spring series: (watched: 19, voting for 6)
- Date A Live - Loved this series and thoroughly looking forward to the next one.
- Hataraku Maou-sama! - A great concept executed extremely well.
- Shingeki no Kyojin - Anime of a shounen battle manga done right.
- Suisei no Gargantia - every episode was thoroughly enjoyable.
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru (My teen romantic comedy SNAFU) - Hachiman. Need I say more?
- Yuyushiki - What's with the 'schoolgirl series'? Oh well, great comedy
Summer series: (watched: 16, voting for 8)
Due to circumstances, quite a few of the things I had intended to watch this season were never actually picked up, and most of those that were were abandoned, because I didn't consider it worth the immense effort that was required from the middle of July to continue watching it. This list is thus almost everything that actually got finished. Sometimes several months late.
- Free! - Take note, shounen battle manga series. This is what a sense of camaraderie should really be like.
- Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou (Daybreak Illusion) - Underrated anime of the season #1, with actually the most engrossing storyline of all 15 things I watched in the season.
- Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (TWGOK) Megami-hen - More Kami Nomi antics.
- Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - Brilliant concept, well executed.
- Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - I love the mangaka's sense of humour. Underrated anime of the season #2
- Kiniro Mosaic - "I wish I were a kiwi".
- Love Lab - I got addicted to watching this and went through most of it in one go. That must say something, right?
- Silver Spoon - The first season of this was great, when I bothered watching it.
Autumn/Fall series: (watched 21, voting for 8)
I wanted to vote for 10 here.
- Log Horizon - I like stuff with a lot of well thought out worldbuilding.
- Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll) - A brilliant mixture of everything you could hope for (YAYA!), and a series I largely marathoned.
- Nagi no Asukara - Frequently heart-wrenching, and always engrossing.
- Non Non Biyori - Oh so beautiful. Oh so relaxing. Oh so fun. Oh, and Renge. AOTY.
- Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (NouCome) - Erabe!
- Strike the Blood - Love the characters. Amongst other things.
- Tesagure! Bukatsumono - So different and yet so good.
- Tokyo Ravens - Picked up a lot after its first story-arc, both in terms of content and in terms of the adaptation.
OreShura: You have to love a harem anime in which the guy actually commits to a single girl by the end of it. Not perfect, but certainly enjoyable.
Vividred Operation: The best visuals of 2013, and it was fun and lighthearted. Friendship ftw!
Attack on Titan: Awesome character development and great story that left me thirsting for more. Mature anime that didn't kill its quality with too much humor.
Date A Live: I'm not a giant fan of harems, but this is probably one of the best harems I've ever seen. Awesome animation and character design, as well. Can't wait for season 2!
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: Best MC ever. Loved his dry sense of humor and his interactions with an equally dry person. Only wish it had been longer.
Blood Lad: Difficult to to put here because it was rushed due to only being 10 episodes, but the animation style was pretty amazing and the characters were diverse and fun.
Free!: Despite the circlejerk about Free!, and if you can look past its manservice, it was a heartwarming tale about friendship and youth that made me glad that I'll be able to watch a season 2 in a couple months from now.
Watamote: Every cringe-filled second was amazing. It was so much fun seeing the manga animated and made me feel that much more embarrassed for her.
Diamond No Ace: After having played baseball for 15 years, watching Diamond No Ace has been amazing. I love the facial expressions and I'm getting exactly what I want out of it.
Golden Time: Despite the rushed ending, the story was beautiful, as was the character design and development.
Kill la Kill: There are so many reasons to have Kill la Kill in this last that it's incredible. The soundtrack, the story, the seiyuu, the originality, etc. etc. etc.
Strike the Blood: I got exactly what I wanted out of Strike the Blood, and a little more than that, too. Enjoyable from start to finish even though it got a little repetitive.
Yowamushi Pedal: The characters, the story, the adrenaline, and the abs are all wonderful. Makes me want to get into cycling!
I normally don't do these at all (To much work), but looking at all the answers made me kind of mad .___.". I shall make my first list here >:D
Chihayafuru 2- Because that card game has earn my respect of a sport.
Nekomonogatari- Daiki pretty much one of the only 2 reasons I watch this show
Senyuu- Funny as Shit
Attack on Titan- Ill board the hype train for now
SNAFU-Being real FTW
Railgun S- Still waiting for a new season for Index.
Fist of North Star- Manly stuff right here
Date A Live- Boobs
Blood Ladd- Otaku Vampire FTW
Sliver Spoon- I think we all know why
Monogatari SS- Daiki again
World Only God Knows- I wish I can be like him.....
Genshiken- The feels man at the end
Eccentric Family-Proving being an idoit has it's up sides
Servant x Service- This show can make 20 seasons and I watch every single episode.
(Man that list was kinda hard)
Magi- Man I wished I didn't spoil myself with the manga D:
Diamond no Ace- Baseball done right
Hajime no Ippo- Probably top 5 in this season, but people wouldn't know because it so underrated
Kuroko no Basket- of course you knew I throw this in here
Yowamushi Pedal- Say what you want, this is some intense stuff right here
Kill la Kill- Ill hop on the hype train for now
Kyousogiga-I'm glad I saw this gem
White Album 2-This choice surprise me to.
The sports genre has finally got up and kick some ass
Will fill in rest later
Chihayafuru 2- It's about a game that I still don't know much about really interesting with its solid charaters and plot.
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S- Sister's arc was really good, but I also loved the rest just as much
The devil is a Part-timer- Really funny with an interesting concept and characters
Silver Spoon- A pretty realistic take on farm life, with great characters
The World God Only Knows Megami-hen- was better than the first two season and those were pretty good.
Love Lab- Definately didn't think this was going to be as great as it was, definately glad I watched this one. It was just executed so well everything about it characters, animation, plot, etc
Kyousogiga- It's really weird and really good
Non Non Biyori- Really great slice of life show, with really likable characters
Kill la Kill- For all its faults it's just fun to watch
Strike The Blood- May not be the most orginal show in any way, but damn was it consistently entertaining
Gj-bu it was a fun anime white a lot of cute characters.
Senyu a great comdy in which you never know what will happen its crazy jokes really gave me the laughter of the year.
Problem children come from another world it was a interesting whatch white cool fighting scenes and nice characters
Yuyushiki a fun and cute anime really made my feal a pecea after a stressful day.
Date a live a great anime it had great fighting scenes good comedy fantastic characters and it didn't over do the fan service.
SNAFU i found this anime great because i made my see the world in a new light and thougth nothing was wrong white being a loner.
Senyuu 2 same is first season great jokes but suddenly make a turn and become a bit serious, and this was really grate interesting characters and story but still the randomness is still there a really grate show.
Teekyuu 2 the most random anime of the year all the characters and settings are tottaly random but i love random so thats why i liked this anime.
High school dxd new a really great perverted fighting anime it had amazing fighting scenes and great perveted scenes which is both to my liking.
Noucome a really interesting anime which a great laugh. Its characters where all intersting funny and cute or hot. One of my favourites of all times even if the ending wasn't the best.
Teekyuu 3 same reasons as for season 2
I will make US dirty again!
Oreshura - Very enjoyable harem series. Took a liking to all the character and thought it ended nicely
Yuyushiki - Made me smile and laugh... Thats a good thing I guess! Not much too it, just a fun plotless show
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Plot kept me interested till the end with a good pay off
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular - It was like watching my own life haha, loved it. Dark comedy at its finest.
Silver Spoon - Really well done slice of life anime, my favourite genre! Awesome plot and characters
Kyoukai no Kanata - Loved everything about this anime! The plot, the characters, the animation, the ending and opening theme... It was so hard to wait each week for a new ep! Made me shed a tear or two near the end as well :p
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT ( I Don't Have Many Friends NEXT ) : This was one of the shows that got into Anime and the second season did not disappoint me.
Chihayafuru 2 : I just recently marathoned this show and I could never expect that I would get excited to watch a series about a card game.
Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they ? : I didn't have so high standards for this show and it was better then I could even imagine, I liked the characters.
Date A Live : Hihi, I need to watch my harems okay ??? No but seriously it was good, and not to much fan service either. ( Can't wait for second season ! )
Hataraku Maou-sama! ( The Devil is a Part-Timer ! ) : Had some nice action scenes and good comedy, a nice watch and enjoyed it.
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru ( My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected ) aka SNAFU : Loved the philosophy in this show and Hachiman is Awesome.
Blood Lad : This ----> Otaku Vampire as the main character ? Of course it will be Awesome !!!
High School DxD New : I like this show, I just don't why but I really like it ... Maybe because I am a pervert ..
Golden Time : This show ... I enjoyed it and was excited for every new episode to arrive, sad that it have ended now, but it was a great show.
Nagi no Asukara : This show is fantastic, I Love this show, love the coming to age in this and the drama.
Ore No Nounai Sentakushi Ga Gakuen Love Come O Zenryoku De Jama Shiteiru ( My Mental Multiple-Choice Power Is Completely Ruining My School Romantic Comedy ) aka NouCome : Well, loli teacher what more to ask ? And of course, Erabe !
White Album 2 : Took me of guard and was good, liked the characters.
Kill La Kill : Great series, great action scenes and I enjoy the comedy.
I am a Lion Rawr! (:
1. Ai-Mai-Mi - I think this is most crazy and random comedy anime I watched since Puni Puni Poemi
2. Senyuu - hilarious, random short series. I was suprised how much comedy and action you can make with characters not leaving prison cell!
1. Aiura - both calm and crazy, funny, hearthwarming short series
2. Haiyore! Nyarko-san W - Evil Deities strike back! More random, full of references, crazy comedy placed in...Cthulhu-inspired universe!
3. Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties - not as good as brilliant second season, but still a lot of laugh with very likeable characters. Watching Ayumu episode made me watch the whole series!
4. Yuyushiki - crazy, lighthearted slice of life comedy about group of girls, I really enjoyed this one
1. Love Lab - cute, lighthearted comedy. Not as hilarious or captivating as other shows I watched, but I enjoyed it a lot
2. Senyuu 2 - even better than first season
3. The World God Only Knows Megami-hen - God of Conquest descends to the Real once more with the best romantic comedy ever! This time more serious, intense and captivating!
1. Diabolik Lovers - in this one vampires acted like true vampires and I liked it, ecchi was enjoyable
2. Galilei Donna - beautiful animation, goldfish mecha, interesting setting
3. Golden Time - captivating, dramatic, funny romance story, setted not in high school but in college, with never-old questions about identity, past and passing
4. Kill la Kill - this one grew on me, swift action, hilarious gags, captivating story as well as great visuals
5. Kyousogiga - absolute suprise, deep, touching, philosophical and beautiful as well as crazy and amusing. Strong candidate for best anime of 2013
6. Strike The Blood - interesting fantasy/modern world mix with cool characters, fights and abilities
In alphabetical, not preference order
I havent been watching anime for long so I wont have as many votes as others
Love Live! School Idol- Just watched it recently, and is a real feel good anime, made me excited for the new season soon!
Haiyore! Nyarko-san W- Probably one of the funniest shows I've watched in awhile, Kuuko is the best!
Oreimo- Besides the ending which i have conflicted feelings about, the rest of the show I liked. Annnd its got got Kuroneko in it who is one of my favorite female characters.
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko- I loved the plot for this one, everything that would get changed by one or another cat statue and watching them try and fix things.
The World God Only Knows Megami-hen- The continuation of what has become one of my favorite shows!
High School DxD New- Besides the "plot" being awesome, the plot is pretty good too
Noucome- Definitely a unique storyline, which is what I liked best about it. Well, that and Chocolat.
Pocket Monster: The Origin- I wish there were more episodes of it but it was still a pretty good representation of how I imagine a general playthrough of the old pokemon games would go.
Walkure Romanze- Being one of the first shows I watched when I came to Crunchyroll, I feel it has some sentimental value which is why I'd like to see it advance. And it honestly wasn't that bad, at least I know I liked it!
Check out my anime page https://www.facebook.com/genericanimepageawwwyeah
1. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - While it may be a harem this show isn't too typical, and it's damn funny.
2. Courtesy Of Zettai Karen Children The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke - I like it when the bag guys are grey.
3. GJ-bu - I'm one of those heathens that needs a moe-fix, and this one fits (those EDs though!).
4. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Spice and Wolf beats this any day, but it's still good.
5. Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? - Sometimes you just want to see your protagonist be OP AND intelligent.
1. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - I cannot express the sheer badassery of the first 15 episodes
2. Attack on Titan - Suspense, gore and a gripping plot laced with action, nothing more to say here.
3. The Severing Crime Edge - I like me some mystery/thriller/horror-type shows
4. Haiyore! Nyarko-san W - It just has so much energy written into it, I can't help myself but like it
5. Hataraku Maou-sama! - Awesome first episode where they blow the entire animation budget and chuckles the rest of the series
6. Suisei no Gargantia - Tin can. TT.TT
7. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - Fish-eye's little speeches were always spot on
8. Oreimo - I just can't believe they went for that ending, not expected at all
1. Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA.ILLYA - I'm pretty ashamed that I love this show that panders so.
2. Gatchaman Crowds - Their theme song is just too damn catchy
3. Sunday without God - I like the idea of a world where god took a step outside for a smoke
4. No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular - I shiver and cringe thinking of the things this character did
5. Rozen Maiden Third season - I was a fan of the old series, and this one did not disappoint
6. Servant × Service - A rom-com that doesn't take place in high-school? UNTHINKABLE!
7. Silver Spoon - This show is actually pretty grounded, I don't see that too often
8. The World God Only Knows Megami-hen - This is still the best 'harem' I've seen
1. Golden Time - I'm just a sucker for this type of show
2. Kill la Kill - Trigger strikes hard and fast
3. Kyousogiga - Well that, that's just art
4. Little Busters Refrain - Even though I was fully expecting it Key managed to wring out a few tears
5. Log Horizon - Was expecting every bad part of SAO and .HACK, but got my favourite anime of Fall instead :D
6. Outbreak Company - Da dada dada da Da, dada dada daDa
7. Samurai Flamenco - Guillotine Gorilla? What is this? I don't even- ughhh
8. Teekyu Third season - Somehow packs ten minutes into four
None, didn't watch any of the animes.
Attack on Titan - Good action, interesting plot and characters. A well made anime.
Oreimo - A good slice of life anime which had fun characters a good MC. Cute and fun.
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - Good story, enjoyable characters.
The World God Only Knows Megami-hen - Great slice of life with romance and magic. Good MC which a fun character, interesting plot with plenty of likeable girls.
Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova- Good plot with fun characters and it was fun seeing the "sentinals" change.
Golden Time - This one just hit the spot. Amazing animation, plot, characters, development and made you wait for each new episode to come with excitment.
Hajime No Ippo Rising - Amazing animation, good fights and the occasional humor.
Log Horizon - I'm a sucker for mmo-rpg animes. Good plot, great characters and a great MC, the behind the scene guy. Good animations with good battles, fun and cute moments.
Noucome (My Mental Choices) - Good show with each episode leaving you laughing.
White Album 2 - Great plot, characters and I liked their music. very enjoyable anime.
Monogatari Second Season: Only anime i followed during the summer and I loved it.
Non Non Biyori: Great characters, relaxing, funny