First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Same-man marriage.
Posted 3/29/14
So it's legal to marry myself now? How inspiring.
36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
I'm all for same-sex marriage. That is two people in love. That is what marriage is about. Two consenting adults in love having a special union.

Now, people marrying themselves? Naaah. I can't take that seriously. We can't have people marrying themselves. I just don't take it seriously. It just seems like a total farce no matter how I look at it.
Posted 3/29/14

Dubnoman wrote:

I'm all for same-sex marriage. That is two people in love. That is what marriage is about. Two consenting adults in love having a special union.

Now, people marrying themselves? Naaah. I can't take that seriously. We can't have people marrying themselves. I just don't take it seriously. It just seems like a total farce no matter how I look at it.


I disagree. I just got married to myself and we couldn't be happier...is it we? Or just I?...Screw it. It's already too much work. Divorce has just been finalized.
23583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14
Most people call it being "single"
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:

I'm all for same-sex marriage. That is two people in love. That is what marriage is about. Two consenting adults in love having a special union.

Now, people marrying themselves? Naaah. I can't take that seriously. We can't have people marrying themselves. I just don't take it seriously. It just seems like a total farce no matter how I look at it.


I disagree. I just got married to myself and we couldn't be happier...is it we? Or just I?...Screw it. It's already too much work. Divorce has just been finalized.


It's kinda good when divorce is so easily agreed upon.
Posted 3/29/14

aewssky7p wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:

I'm all for same-sex marriage. That is two people in love. That is what marriage is about. Two consenting adults in love having a special union.

Now, people marrying themselves? Naaah. I can't take that seriously. We can't have people marrying themselves. I just don't take it seriously. It just seems like a total farce no matter how I look at it.


I disagree. I just got married to myself and we couldn't be happier...is it we? Or just I?...Screw it. It's already too much work. Divorce has just been finalized.


It's kinda good when divorce is so easily agreed upon.


Very true. You also get to feel like both a winner and a loser at the same time. You lost half your stuff but you ran off with half your stuff too. I even won custody of the cat just to spite him...me...whatever.
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
Sounds like a waste of funds to marry oneself, especially considering the money that would go down the drain if those very same people decide to later divorce for marriage to other people, including other aspects of themselves. Far more so than "mainstream" unions.

Inter-personal marriage has a much stronger tie with securing inheritance/property/alliances/connections than it does with religion, and comes with a rather messy divvying up of property, parental rights, and whatnot that is dealt with during divorce/separation (particularly the modern version of divorce). Unless we're dealing with someone afflicted with a remarkable case of dissociative identity disorder (DID), the reasons that make the cost of marriage and divorce fairly reasonable is null.

Nevertheless, if someone wants to rip a hole in their pockets for same-self marriage, despite plenty of face-palming and scoffing, I would accept it rather peacefully; however, if the person in question is someone that I'm familiar with, they oughtn't expect me to loan/give them money to finance the endeavor(s).
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


aewssky7p wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:

I'm all for same-sex marriage. That is two people in love. That is what marriage is about. Two consenting adults in love having a special union.

Now, people marrying themselves? Naaah. I can't take that seriously. We can't have people marrying themselves. I just don't take it seriously. It just seems like a total farce no matter how I look at it.


I disagree. I just got married to myself and we couldn't be happier...is it we? Or just I?...Screw it. It's already too much work. Divorce has just been finalized.


It's kinda good when divorce is so easily agreed upon.


Very true. You also get to feel like both a winner and a loser at the same time. You lost half your stuff but you ran off with half your stuff too. I even won custody of the cat just to spite him...me...whatever.


Well I don't know about you but I'd feel like a winner regardless.

Imagine I divorcing myself. I wanted that all my life!
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
If your going to marry yourself then how are you going to give yourself a ring?
2551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / space
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14
im fine with it, love has no rules u can love whoever you want, even a cat. as long as it doesnt involve me im ok
mrya21 
4383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Ohio
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
you already have all the legal rights to yourself that a spouse has and more so what's the point of marrying yourself if you've got this already? It seems an awful lot of trouble for nothing gained.
Posted 3/29/14

mrya21 wrote:

you already have all the legal rights to yourself that a spouse has and more so what's the point of marrying yourself if you've got this already? It seems an awful lot of trouble for nothing gained.


What's the point? Are you dumb? Obviously to dress your right hand as a bride.
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14

aewssky7p wrote:




Well I don't know about you but I'd feel like a winner regardless.

Imagine I divorcing myself. I wanted that all my life!


Well the divorce was a bit sad in my case. I found that marriage to myself was just too hard. Not to mention I realized I'm an ass and just couldn't stand to be around myself any longer. I now ask myself how I ever got suckered into marrying myself in the first place. I was just young and blinded by the love I suppose.


aewssky7p wrote:


mrya21 wrote:

you already have all the legal rights to yourself that a spouse has and more so what's the point of marrying yourself if you've got this already? It seems an awful lot of trouble for nothing gained.


What's the point? Are you dumb? Obviously to dress your right hand as a bride.


Not the right. Trust me. It's crazy and good in bed but it will stab you in the back when you least expect it. Lefty is the one you want to bring back to your parents.
mrya21 
4383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Ohio
Offline
Posted 3/29/14

aewssky7p wrote:


mrya21 wrote:

you already have all the legal rights to yourself that a spouse has and more so what's the point of marrying yourself if you've got this already? It seems an awful lot of trouble for nothing gained.


What's the point? Are you dumb? Obviously to dress your right hand as a bride.


But think of the expenses. I hardly think my family would approve so I don't have them to help me out and I certainly can't afford the cost of a wedding. And my right hand would be renting a suit, thank you. I want to wear the pretty dress.
35286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
1st thing I'll say - Too long so didn't read it all.
The other - Why not? If they are narcissistic enough to marry themselves why not let them? Think it's pointless and a waste of money but their life is their life. But if this happens to be allowed, waifu marriages should definitely be allowed as well if they aren't yet. (Not that I'd do it. Too many waifus for me to choose from.)
3rd thing - Most responses to this thread are great. XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.