First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Tales of Wedding Rings
29308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 6/3/15
Great series. Really enjoyed it. Glad it got picked up here. Good to see it regularly now.
11700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 6/3/15
A cracker for CR to pick up - great art and likable cast means its a harem manga which should last the long haul.

Still i feel its a little too "safe" in trying to please everyone. I want it to go more extreme personally - dont even mind mind way!

It could go more mature/fan service given the nature of the harem and the fact the closer his bonds to the girls the more power he gets. They are already towing the line with the fact both wives so far want to sleep with him (as well as a busty elf) so why not go more To Love Ru with this? OR given the fact its action packed with good vs evil galore go more that extreme that way as action harem mangas work too like say Sekei OR they could even just play it safer by going more into the comedy harem genre and try and tap into the Nisekoi market. Either way im enjoying this and look forward to more chapters as and when they come.
22064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 6/4/15 , edited 6/18/15
Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.
Posted 6/4/15

hyjinx17 wrote:

Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.


So are you saying is bad because is a harem ? I understand if not your cup of tea but to say is bad is a bit much.

This also a Seinen. Meaning is meant for older people. Witch mean older themes that may not be present in normal harems. Also this harem seen to be heading in the he get all the girls and not choosing one girl BS. I think you are missing out but is your choice.
5023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Sol
Offline
Posted 6/4/15
The art is nice and all of that, but I'm not sure about this one yet. Concept is interesting enough, but I'm having difficulty accepting the way it feels this story will go.

It feels like it's going to be very tame when it's already introducing elements of a higher conflict level than standard harems. It increases from all the girls liking the lead to all of them marrying him...which in reality should jack the emotional warzone higher between all the girls and with the lead. The power of all the rings will be required to win in the end, and that power is dependent on the relationships of the ring lord and all five wives. And we are seriously supposed to get to the end with all of them loving him totally in order for him to have the power to defeat all evil - and not having any of the princesses killing each other (or the lead) off out of jealousy, lack of attention, feeling slighted, or any of the other strong emotions that are typical in harems that don't even have them all married?
17747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Online
Posted 6/4/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:

Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.


So are you saying is bad because is a harem ? I understand if not your cup of tea but to say is bad is a bit much.

This also a Seinen. Meaning is meant for older people. Witch mean older themes that may not be present in normal harems. Also this harem seen to be heading in the he get all the girls and not choosing one girl BS. I think you are missing out but is your choice.


i think what he is saying is just about every harem ever had no...ending. there never was any progress in the romance of any harem.
rosario vampire is the expection, tho. if it gets set up like that, then i might read it.
but yeah, harems are alot of fun, but they have yet to make a good harem romance.
Posted 6/5/15

nemoskull wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:

Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.


So are you saying is bad because is a harem ? I understand if not your cup of tea but to say is bad is a bit much.

This also a Seinen. Meaning is meant for older people. Witch mean older themes that may not be present in normal harems. Also this harem seen to be heading in the he get all the girls and not choosing one girl BS. I think you are missing out but is your choice.


i think what he is saying is just about every harem ever had no...ending. there never was any progress in the romance of any harem.
rosario vampire is the expection, tho. if it gets set up like that, then i might read it.
but yeah, harems are alot of fun, but they have yet to make a good harem romance.


I can't agree with that. I been reading several harems and all of them have progression. I don't know what you or him look when it comes to a harem. I mean do you want the MC to pick one girl ? I don't mind if a character pick one girl but I prefer when he get all the girls. If it make sense of course. And after reading every chapter available. This story seen to be heading in the he get all the girls but because this is Seinen. I expect it to deal with the subject of polygamy. I been reading Maga-Tsuki and even thou is not a Seinen. Is taking on the subject of polygamy.

About Rosario vampire. I watch the anime but I been told by manga readers that the anime doesn't exist. I don't mind being spoil. So can you be more specific with what you are trying to say. People always bring Rosario vampire up but they never explain what is the difference between the anime and manga.
mnmike 
19129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

nemoskull wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:

Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.


So are you saying is bad because is a harem ? I understand if not your cup of tea but to say is bad is a bit much.

This also a Seinen. Meaning is meant for older people. Witch mean older themes that may not be present in normal harems. Also this harem seen to be heading in the he get all the girls and not choosing one girl BS. I think you are missing out but is your choice.


i think what he is saying is just about every harem ever had no...ending. there never was any progress in the romance of any harem.
rosario vampire is the expection, tho. if it gets set up like that, then i might read it.
but yeah, harems are alot of fun, but they have yet to make a good harem romance.


Read Umi no Misaki, then tell me that "there was never any progress in the romance of any harem". Honeymoon Salad is another, although the harem in that case only has two women. To Love Ru: Darkness seems pretty clearly headed down that route as well, although it is admittedly more focused on silliness and fan service than character development, and I'd be a little surprised if Sekerie didn't go this direction as well (although I'm not really holding out for a satisfying ending to that one).

Of course, that's not counting the manga where harems are mostly a distraction for the central, inevitable romance. Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi, and GE: Good Ending are all examples of that kind of manga, where there is a solid romance with real progression at it's core. Still, those are all generally considered harem manga, and for good reason, even if the harems are mostly presented for comic relief and as a red-herring.
xxJing 
37175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 6/5/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


nemoskull wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:

Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.


So are you saying is bad because is a harem ? I understand if not your cup of tea but to say is bad is a bit much.

This also a Seinen. Meaning is meant for older people. Witch mean older themes that may not be present in normal harems. Also this harem seen to be heading in the he get all the girls and not choosing one girl BS. I think you are missing out but is your choice.


i think what he is saying is just about every harem ever had no...ending. there never was any progress in the romance of any harem.
rosario vampire is the expection, tho. if it gets set up like that, then i might read it.
but yeah, harems are alot of fun, but they have yet to make a good harem romance.


I can't agree with that. I been reading several harems and all of them have progression. I don't know what you or him look when it comes to a harem. I mean do you want the MC to pick one girl ? I don't mind if a character pick one girl but I prefer when he get all the girls. If it make sense of course. And after reading every chapter available. This story seen to be heading in the he get all the girls but because this is Seinen. I expect it to deal with the subject of polygamy. I been reading Maga-Tsuki and even thou is not a Seinen. Is taking on the subject of polygamy.

About Rosario vampire. I watch the anime but I been told by manga readers that the anime doesn't exist. I don't mind being spoil. So can you be more specific with what you are trying to say. People always bring Rosario vampire up but they never explain what is the difference between the anime and manga.


I haven't read all of it, but Rosario and Vampire changes drastically from what it originally is, the anime doesn't.

It starts off as a fun and quirky romcom harem, however it turns into a serious and dark shonen battle action manga where the harem become more like party members than just harem members. Think Highschool DxD, except darker, less ecchi, and more focused plot.

Magic Teacher Negima goes under a similar transformation. The first 2 arcs of Negima are ecchi romcom, and those are the only arcs that got a TV series. The school festival arc onward however, is a shonen battle story with harem elements, it's a lot closer to Naruto after that point than it is Nisekoi.

Basically both Rosario and Vampire and Negima put the harem in the back seat and concentrate on being serious series.
Posted 6/5/15

I see now. I can see why people will be upset with the anime.
Is there a English publisher for any of those series you mention ? Be digital or print version.
mnmike 
19129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/15
Negima is published by Kodansha ; Rosario + Vampire is published by Viz. Both are available in NA in both physical and electronic formats.
22064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 6/5/15 , edited 6/18/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:

Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.


So are you saying is bad because is a harem ? I understand if not your cup of tea but to say is bad is a bit much.

This also a Seinen. Meaning is meant for older people. Witch mean older themes that may not be present in normal harems. Also this harem seen to be heading in the he get all the girls and not choosing one girl BS. I think you are missing out but is your choice.


"Choosing" all girls is just as bad as choosing none. Harems suck by definition.
Posted 6/5/15

hyjinx17 wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


hyjinx17 wrote:

Started reading it, loved the first 2 chapters, then they explained about the other rings. I'm out. I have no time and no patience for harem bullshit that ultimately will go no where leading to a disappointing ending.


So are you saying is bad because is a harem ? I understand if not your cup of tea but to say is bad is a bit much.

This also a Seinen. Meaning is meant for older people. Witch mean older themes that may not be present in normal harems. Also this harem seen to be heading in the he get all the girls and not choosing one girl BS. I think you are missing out but is your choice.


"Choosing" all girls is just as bad as choosing none. Harems suck by definition.


By who definition ? Yours ? That really just your opinion. I disagree with you fully.
Posted 6/5/15

mnmike wrote:

Negima is published by Kodansha ; Rosario + Vampire is published by Viz. Both are available in NA in both physical and electronic formats.


I appreciate the info
24841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 6/6/15
I like how half this page was dedicated to Rosario Vampire. Anyways back on topic I am still debating on whether or not I will still read this. I'll give it a few more chapters before making a decision
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.