Created by Darkxangel12
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What is your favorite horror anime?
22337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In the Dark Realm...
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
I just wanted to see what you guys like.
18233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Mobile, Alabama
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
At the moment it'd be Higurashi. That one legitimately made me cringe.
jfd492 
26586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
another

pretty much the only "horror" anime i've watched. i don't really think hotd is horror. at least not to me
33641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/14 , edited 3/30/14
Higurashi from that list, Another comes in close at second....and ya HOTD I don't really consider to be "horror" in the true sense, it's just zombies, though not on the list I would put Umineko up there as well....it's also part of the When They Cry series, but with a different cast
147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/30/14
petshop of horror?.. :s
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 3/30/14
I think Hellsing is my favorite horror anime.
21268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 3/30/14
I don't really see how HOTD is horror. There's so much oppai. Higurashi is definitely my favorite though. (:
56156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/30/14
Another
1314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 3/31/14
From that list I'd go with Shiki.
I've never seen HOTD, Another was more of a comedy than a Horror and I only enjoyed parts of Higurashi.
1613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 3/31/14
From the list, I'd go with Higurashi. Shiki follows closely as a second, only outranked because unless you knew what Higurashi was going to be about, you'd never think it was horror. Mystery maybe, but not horror to the degree it took it. In terms of atmosphere though, nothing has beat the Shiki manga for me. Some have come close.

Another had a fantastic set up, but I felt it failed the moment Mei was ruled out as a potential danger. Once she became trustworthy, the sense of immediate danger disappeared. It wasn't scary anymore.

Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni is a manga, but it's absolutely great in horror. While most horror stories get their horror from the mystery, Higanbana went the opposite way. You're terrified for the protagonist not because you don't know what will happen to her, but because you know exactly what will happen to her if nothing stops her tormentor. Because the hell she goes through isn't supernatural, but terribly real, and probably common.

I haven't seen the anime for this, but I have a lot of hopes for the manga for Mouryou no Hako. I'd watch the anime, but the bishounen everywhere aren't really working for me. :I Hideout was kind of like a typical Hollywood horror movie, but it was great for being exactly that. It was so polished, so detailed for a manga. So much work was put into it, and you don't usually see that.
Posted 3/31/14 , edited 3/31/14

Irybell wrote:
Another was more of a comedy than a Horror .


Why

1314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 3/31/14

Shin-Nrl wrote:


Irybell wrote:
Another was more of a comedy than a Horror .


Why



The deaths were straight out of Final Destination. Another was hilarious.
22337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In the Dark Realm...
Offline
Posted 3/31/14

PoisonedCupcakeX wrote:

I don't really see how HOTD is horror. There's so much oppai. Higurashi is definitely my favorite though. (:


Yes, I loved Higurashi.
2625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
Another.
Posted 4/1/14

Irybell wrote:


Shin-Nrl wrote:


Irybell wrote:
Another was more of a comedy than a Horror .


Why



The deaths were straight out of Final Destination. Another was hilarious.


hahaha I totally agree about this,but what would you say about Higurashi lolis and moe characters for a horror anime lmao
idk I haven't watched Higurashi but Another seems better to me!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.