First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Lumberjacks are the Original Hipsters
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/31/14

SoldierSangria wrote:

Hipsters are people who don't want to "fit" in and be "labeled" so they instead fit in with other hipsters, and want to be labeled as hipsters...Right.


actually not quite. hipster is a label WE give to most of them.

The primary hipster ethic is to be more cool than anyone else. literally at the defining edge of cool. which means they have to keep finding things generally NOT considered cool to be adopted with the goal of when it becomes cool to move on.

I just wish they'd stop calling every hat a Fedora. A homburg, or a Trilby, or MY GOD a BOWLER. is not a Fedora. Might as well call a baseball cap a fedora.




Posted 3/31/14

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

actually not quite. hipster is a label WE give to most of them.


Well yes, we do give them the label of hipster, but they themselves seem to give themselves that name as well, and define themselves as that too which in my opinion contradicts the whole meaning of hipster.

All I know is that I'm sick of it.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/31/14
Fair enough. mostly it seems like a lot of pain and wasted energy to be cool.

here's a laugh

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6389568/hipster-superheroes
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/14 , edited 3/31/14
So I remember back in the day it was skaters. Eventually emo became the big thing. Now hipsters is a big thing. What will be after hipsters? Hmm, one wonders...
10361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/31/14

Dubnoman wrote:

So I remember back in the day it was skaters. Eventually emo became the big thing. Now hipsters is a big thing. What will be after hipsters? Hmm, one wonders...


Bearsters: people who see polar bears as such cool things to emulate, that they'll start rubbing hair tonic all over their bodies and devouring baby seals for breakfast.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/14
And they'll start living on icebergs n' shit and then when the polar ice caps melt UH OH NOW WHAT wat they gonna do then? By then they won't be the in-thing anyway. Instead it'll be...well, I don't know what it'll be. But just so long as the in-thing is NEVER furries, all will be right with the world.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/31/14

Dubnoman wrote:

And they'll start living on icebergs n' shit and then when the polar ice caps melt UH OH NOW WHAT wat they gonna do then? By then they won't be the in-thing anyway. Instead it'll be...well, I don't know what it'll be. But just so long as the in-thing is NEVER furries, all will be right with the world.


What's wrong with furries?


37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/31/14
Ah, furries are fine, I was just trying to come up with a group of people to be a basis of that joke. I figure not too many people here like both anime and furry fandom so it was a pretty 'safe' joke to make.

I'd have no problem being friends with furries, but I am adamant in my preference for anime characters.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.