First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
How people see and handle biogtry these days
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
Opinions are like assholes everybody has one.


It's complicated but your opinion(last time I checked) were only statements and never factual. These things work like jagged double-edge sword and it will always work that way.
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/12/14
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 4/2/14

Someone could say "Gay people make me uncomfortable." Nothing more, nothing less. And someone would tear into them about how gay people are normal and how they shouldn't be uncomfortable, bringing words like "homophobic" into the mix.
Are you trying to imply that that statement isn't in any slightest degree, homophobic? I find it funny that you think it's a verbal attack when someone calls another person, homophobic. As if you can't call homophobes homophobic because it offends them and is therefore attacking them. Bigoted people can have opinions, but people criticizing them for being bigoted can too. If you want to change the word to orientationist so it makes you more comfortable, fine. But it’s quite sad that you talk about homophobia as if it’s about how uncomfortable straight people feel, rather than how uncomfortable it makes gay people feel.

People are entitled to their own opinion just as they are entitled to their own thoughts, but the act of having an racist opinion is itself being racist and is therefore an attack. If someone says something racist to me I have every right to attack them as they have done to me by being racist. Stating that I shouldn’t because "they are just having an opinion" normalizes racism and antagonizes my defense. That it’s okay for racists to attack me with their opinion of my ethnicity, but me defending myself is verbal abuse. If someone says “I have the right point my gun at you because your color is threatening me". The proper reply is not "Thank you for sharing, but I disagree because that’s mean" the proper reply is "I think you are being an asshole" or "Please kindly stfu if you only have racist things to say". It's simply just the matter of striking back. Sorry, but I will not civilly debate my humanity.

The problem with people like you is that they think they can have racist/sexist/homophobic opinions and never act on it. Racist/sexist/homophobic actions exist because racist/sexist/homophobic opinions exist. Saying that we can live in peace while they exist is misguided.

Is someone's humanity at stake when a person has homophobia? Oh right, the gay people.
Is someone’s humanity at stake when a person has arachnophobia? Oh right, the spiders.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 4/8/14 , edited 4/8/14


This thread is essentially about personal responsibility. Something nearly all people are terrible at.

I've made posts that have created fallout in forums before. I knew those posts would do that before I posted them, because they were things that needed to be said, and I accepted the consequences. This might be one of those posts.

Technically, no one has any social responsibility that they don't want. Nobody is required to "enlighten" another person, even assuming they're correct in the first place. I still have a lingering flaw that if somebody doesn't know, and I verifiably do, I have to tell them. I'm a teacher, it's what I do. But I've never pretended as though it was anything besides my own choice.

In a larger social setting like a community, or a forum, or a country, it's easy to get wrapped up in the hive mind on some things that should, but probably will not change. You really should go in and rock the boat if the cause is just, but if you get seasickness, you should probably just shut your mouth. If I move to the deep south and find myself surrounded by racists, I have no one to blame BUT myself. People wave around all kinds of flags about their choices, good or bad, never stopping to ask themselves why they care that other people care. "I'm like this. I think this way. Agree with me. Fight with me. I am special. I should be heard."

The agendas are countless. Pity, acceptance, attention, rights, everybody wants something, and half the time for completely made-up or selfish reasons. Welcome to the human race I suppose. But how many of them take responsibility for what they want, or the responsibilities of message, objective, location, or audience if they DON'T get what they want?

If something negative about you is widely-perceived and voiced, you should probably, I dunno, stop fucking acting like that. OR, you can go right ahead - but don't you dare complain about the results when you fling it all over the place. Christ, at least have SOME awareness of where you're at and the people who are (or may be) around you.

If none of this consoles you, you can also try turning off your damn phone and logging off once in awhile.
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

11BravoPatterson wrote:

Nothing is more annoying than someone freaking out on you over things like gay rights. Yeah, I don't agree with it. No matter how civil I behave it usually ends with them yelling over me and telling me to kill myself or some such crap.


i get the same thing all the time, honestly i dont care if they go around holding hands and marring each other. but the only thing i can see in gays is an uncontrollable desire for pleasure and i think that is very undisciplined and foolish. but there is not much we can say to the minds of people who blind themselves.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

michaeldeska wrote:


11BravoPatterson wrote:

Nothing is more annoying than someone freaking out on you over things like gay rights. Yeah, I don't agree with it. No matter how civil I behave it usually ends with them yelling over me and telling me to kill myself or some such crap.


i get the same thing all the time, honestly i dont care if they go around holding hands and marring each other. but the only thing i can see in gays is an uncontrollable desire for pleasure and i think that is very undisciplined and foolish. but there is not much we can say to the minds of people who blind themselves.


Surely you will not be surprised when I point out the fact that you are horribly, severely, stupendously ignorant...?
17023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

Syndicaidramon wrote:

I will apologize in advance, as I know this might come off as rude -- but certainly you DO realize that "the way I was raised" is the absolute worst, most un-intellectual and lazy reason that exists for anything, right?
I hope you're not seriously holding a belief -- much less one as important as this one -- just because that's the way you were raised. Because if so then one has to wonder about the extent to which you actually think about stuff...



That was quite rude. For the most part our values that we hold in life are dictated by the values and morals of our parents who taught us right from wrong. I'm sure your parents influenced how your morals are today. I'm sure you think killing is wrong as well as most people think, the reason being is that we are taught from a young age that killing is wrong. Now who taught you those values that killing is wrong, your parents teachers etc (and the goverment). Now should we call you unintelligent because you believe the same thing that the people who raised you believed and taught you? No, the reason you can say it about gay rights is because that is what is politically correct.

To be honest I myself really don't care for the gay rights arguements myself. All they do is just cause arguements. in my opinion let them marry each other and be miserable like the rest of us. I just don't want them flaunting it in my face.

Gay pride parades are one such example, you don't see hetrosexual parades do you? But to be honest i wouldn't mind it but the way they are handled, it's basically become a excuse for lots of people to go strutting around town without half their clothes on in the name of equality. Now i want to see that done but in the name of hetrosexuals and not see the lot of them jailed for indecent exposure. That's the problem i see the rights of gays need to be addressed sure but the problem is the stigmatization that defenders of gay rights are having on people who couldn't care less. If i say i'm proud to be hetrosexual i can almost guarentee you that somebody will call me a homophobic. the problem isn't gay people in my opinion it's how gay right defenders act that is causing animosity from some people who are sick and tired of hearing about gay rights. The PC police do more harm than good in my opinion.

On a side note why the hell is this even being discussed on a site that is about JAPANESE ANIME, COMICS AND LIVE ACTION TV!!!!
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

knightofdread wrote:


That was quite rude. For the most part our values that we hold in life are dictated by the values and morals of our parents who taught us right from wrong. I myself really don't care for the gay rights arguements myself. All they do is just cause arguements. in my opinion let them marry each other and be miserable like the rest of us. I just don't want them flaunting it in my face.


For many people, it is indeed. It's also really, really stupid.
What they're essentially doing, is that they're letting other people think for them. That's stupid. My comment, while perhaps rude, is entirely justified. ESPECIALLY since it wasn't even talking about basic moral values, but of an opinion on a single social matter.

Also, no one is demanding the right to flaunt their affection in your face. Not any more than straight couples anyway...




knightofdread
Gay pride parades are one such example, you don't see hetrosexual parades do you? But to be honest i wouldn't mind it but the way they are handled, it's basically become a excuse for lots of people to go strutting around town without half their clothes on in the name of equality. Now i want to see that done but in the name of hetrosexuals and not see the lot of them jailed for indecent exposure. That's the problem i see the rights of gays need to be addressed sure but the problem is the stigmatization that defenders of gay rights are having on people who couldn't care less. If i say i'm proud to be hetrosexual i can almost guarentee you that somebody will call me a homophobic. the problem isn't gay people in my opinion it's how gay right defenders act that is causing animosity from some people who are sick and tired of hearing about gay rights. The PC police do more harm than good in my opinion.


The reason we don't see heterosexual parades is because there's no reason for heterosexuals to parade about anything. Heterosexuals are the majority. They are not the oppressed. They are not the ones being discriminated against. They are not the misunderstood minority.
While I agree that portions of the LGBT community are doing harm with the way they behave themselves in pride-parades, that does not diminish the right that gay/lesbian/bisexuals/etc. have to be treated as equals.

If you said you were proud to be heterosexual, it would be interpreted as an anti-LGBT statement simply because of the redundancy and pointlessness of the statement. There is no reason to state something so pointless, unless it is to make a statement against the other faction.

If you're sick and tired of hearing about gay rights, then the best thing you can do is to help the cause. Because like it or not, LGBT people are people too. This is no different than it was for the fight for women's rights, black's rights, interracial couples' rights, and so on. And the fight will not cease until victory is achieved. LGBT people WILL have equal rights. And that's not my fanaticism speaking. Societal trends and history up until now all points towards it being the case. The fight is lost for the opposers. They are on the losing side of history. It's inevitable. The only thing that's uncertain is how long it will take.
And the more you can help speed that process up, the quicker you'll no longer hear about gay rights.

But until equality is achieved, you will keep hearing about it. Simple as that. How you choose to deal with that is your choice. But you might as well help speed the cause. If only to get it over with as soon as possible..
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Syndicaidramon wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:


11BravoPatterson wrote:

Nothing is more annoying than someone freaking out on you over things like gay rights. Yeah, I don't agree with it. No matter how civil I behave it usually ends with them yelling over me and telling me to kill myself or some such crap.


i get the same thing all the time, honestly i dont care if they go around holding hands and marring each other. but the only thing i can see in gays is an uncontrollable desire for pleasure and i think that is very undisciplined and foolish. but there is not much we can say to the minds of people who blind themselves.


Surely you will not be surprised when I point out the fact that you are horribly, severely, stupendously ignorant...?


ah? so you can tell me a LOGICAL reason to why people are gay? now i dont what to hear it wasn't their choice or that its "just what they are" set me straight please, if you have the power to call me ignorant then im sure you can point out why my OPINION is false.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

michaeldeska wrote:



ah? so you can tell me a LOGICAL reason to why people are gay? now i dont what to hear it wasn't their choice or that its "just what they are" set me straight please, if you have the power to call me ignorant then im sure you can point out why my OPINION is false.


Why not? You ask me to set you straight, yet you seem to have already decided that the actual real answer to your question is an answer you don't want to hear. Care to elaborate on why that is?
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Why not? You ask me to set you straight, yet you seem to have already decided that the actual answer is an answer you don't want to hear. Care to elaborate on why that is?


i want a logical explanation please, i really want to know what is so appealing about being 'gay' i just wanted to rule what you highlighted out because they don't explain anything to me at all, i said i believe its foolish because it is an undisciplined way of thinking, if you have something that could enlighten me more than what i havent herd before them by all means tell
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

michaeldeska wrote:

i want a logical explanation please, i really want to know what is so appealing about being 'gay' i just wanted to rule those out because they don't explain anything to me at all, i said i believe its foolish because it is an undisciplined way of thinking, if you have something that could enlighten me more than what i havent herd before them by all means tell me.


Why do you need this explained to you? You seem to have heard the explanation that "it's just how they are" before, yet based on your first comment, you seem to have totally discarded that reason. Why? Is it not enough to just know that it's not something that they chose? Is it not enough to know that it's just how they are? What grounds do you have to discard that reason in favor of this dumbfounded "uncontrollable desire for pleasure that they chose themselves" reasoning of yours?


Anyway, seeing as I am not gay myself, when it comes to male homosexuals, I assume that the best answer you can get in terms of what's so appealing about the same gender would be to ask a straight girl what it is she likes about guys.
Likewise, when it comes to lesbians, you'll probably just have to dig into your own psyche and understand why you find women attractive. Probably the same reasons for lesbians too.

Certainly you did not choose to be attracted to the gender you are attracted to. So what makes you think gay people did? Your feelings towards the gender you are attracted to were not chosen by you. Nor were the feelings that gay people have chosen by themselves either.

As for exactly what it is that makes people gay... that's not totally certain as far as I'm aware, but it seems to arise in the womb, based on the latest studies. http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/epigenetic-basis-homosexuality-uncovered/
You might also want to watch this little infomercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1_jzPEcwU
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Why do you need this explained to you? You seem to have heard the explanation that "it's just how they are" before, yet based on your first comment, you seem to have totally discarded that reason. Why? Is it not enough to just know that it's not something that they chose? Is it not enough to know that it's just how they are? What grounds do you have to discard that reason in favor of this dumbfounded "uncontrollable desire for pleasure that they chose themselves" reasoning of yours?

Anyway, seeing as I am not gay myself, when it comes to male homosexuals, I assume that the best answer you can get in terms of what's so appealing about the same gender would be to ask a straight girl what it is she likes about guys.
Likewise, when it comes to lesbians, you'll probably just have to dig into your own psyche and understand why you find women attractive. Probably the same reasons for lesbians too.

Certainly you did not choose to be attracted to the gender you are attracted to. So what makes you think gay people did? Your feelings towards the gender you are attracted to were not chosen by you. Nor were the feelings that gay people have chosen by themselves either.

As for exactly what it is that makes people gay... that's not totally certain as far as I'm aware, but it seems to arise in the womb, based on the latest studies. http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/epigenetic-basis-homosexuality-uncovered/
You might also want to watch this little infomercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1_jzPEcwU


i see what you mean, yeah i need to get some of my reasoning straight but as far as i can comprehend of the Gay nature of women and men, it has to be a choice of some kind. your right about me not 'choosing' which gender im attracted to, but fortunately for me the fact that im attracted to women allows me to actually make something out of it. what i mean is love and well having a family. you cant do that with the same sex and i dont think thats a coincidence.

as for the video i wont watch it becouse im restricted from going to youtube because my internet ban width is almost over the limit, so after i get it renewed ill take a look at it.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

michaeldeska wrote:



i see what you mean, yeah i need to get some of my reasoning straight but as far as i can comprehend of the Gay nature of women and men, it has to be a choice of some kind. your right about me not 'choosing' which gender im attracted to, but fortunately for me the fact that im attracted to women allows me to actually make something out of it. what i mean is love and well having a family. you cant do that with the same sex and i dont think thats a coincidence.

as for the video i wont watch it becouse im restricted from going to youtube because my internet ban width is almost over the limit, so after i get it renewed ill take a look at it.



Sure you can. Why wouldn't you? The love that two people in a gay relationship feels towards each other is just as real and just as potent as that between two straight people. So what exactly is it that prevents them from living a normal life like straight people?

And even if they couldn't -- so what? That still doesn't mean that it had to be a choice. I really don't understand where you're getting this mentality from. Why does it have to be a choice? What exactly is your understanding regarding the nature of gay men and women that makes you think that it has to be a choice? Especially when all evidence and experiences of those that actually ARE gay points to the contrary?
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Sure you can. Why wouldn't you? The love that two people in a gay relationship feels towards each other is just as real and just as potent as that between two straight people. So what exactly is it that prevents them from living a normal life like straight people?

And even if they couldn't -- so what? That still doesn't mean that it had to be a choice. I really don't understand where you're getting this mentality from. Why does it have to be a choice? What exactly is your understanding regarding the nature of gay men and women that makes you think that it has to be a choice? Especially when all evidence and experiences of those that actually ARE gay points to the contrary?


the 'love' between gays is only an imitation of what love between a male and female is. and i think that is obvious. when a straight couple love each other and they have sex (which should be an act of trust and beautiful grace) out of that love they make a baby the very prof that their love is true, and gays cant do that, its all messing around,kissing, fucking, and just sick brainwashing. if they choose to be that way so be it.

also please show me the peer reviewed research of gays having no choice but to be gay...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.