First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply UPDATE New Spring Titles: Majin Bone and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure!
41763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

iblessall wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure if they're even allowed to joke about stuff like this... >.>


That's my thought as well. Especially with the use of official images in the announcement.

It's like they're trying to fool us into thinking it's an April fool, with the shortness and timing of the announcement, and its total absence from the 'latest news' section.
16020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Grand Line
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

kuuderes_shadow wrote:


iblessall wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure if they're even allowed to joke about stuff like this... >.>


That's my thought as well. Especially with the use of official images in the announcement.

It's like they're trying to fool us into thinking it's an April fool, with the shortness and timing of the announcement, and its total absence from the 'latest news' section.



I really hope you're right.
13036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14 , edited 4/1/14

Tsukento wrote:


MetallicKaiser wrote:
I meant the more blatant musical references that would actually warrent some copywright issues. Pretty much all the names in Season 1 are vague enough where there shouldn't really be an issue as long as they use the official romanized pillar men names. Part 3 is alot worse and part 4 is a disaster, but I just wish they'd at least try.


Part 3 toned it down more compared to Parts 1 and 2, hence why it was the easier one to release for VIZ when it came to the manga. Mostly because there weren't as many characters popping up and the Stands were at least based off of tarot card signs.

But yeah, Parts 1 and 2 were definitely not subtle. Especially when you could easily piece together "Tonpetty" and Robert Edward O. Speedwagon. Never mind the manga flat out showing one of the Pillar Men named "ACDC" (the anime went with writing his name out as エシディシ, instead).


I can agree that Part 1's references aren't very subtle, but aside from a few, most of those names are not exactly copyrighted. Someone like Tom Petty could not sue you if your character was named Tonpetty and had no relation to him what -so-ever. REO does not own a copyright over "Speedwagon" either. It only becomes really serious when you have characters directly referenced like Vanilla Ice, Steely Dan or Kenny G.
90479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 4/1/14 , edited 4/1/14

kuuderes_shadow wrote:


iblessall wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure if they're even allowed to joke about stuff like this... >.>


That's my thought as well. Especially with the use of official images in the announcement.

It's like they're trying to fool us into thinking it's an April fool, with the shortness and timing of the announcement, and its total absence from the 'latest news' section.

I tend to agree with that. I don't believe there are raws for the background image online which means the image has either been obtained from an official licensor or has been redrawn (it doesn't look like a redraw to me).
77377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Online
Posted 4/1/14
Wow, CR you are just too good
PauPow 
34204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14 , edited 4/1/14
Such a cruel joke CR! Jokes supposed to be funny. Joking about something that so many of us want, that's just cruel.
28508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

llamaben wrote:


kuuderes_shadow wrote:


iblessall wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure if they're even allowed to joke about stuff like this... >.>


That's my thought as well. Especially with the use of official images in the announcement.

It's like they're trying to fool us into thinking it's an April fool, with the shortness and timing of the announcement, and its total absence from the 'latest news' section.

I tend to agree with that. I don't believe there are raws for the background image online which means the image has either been obtained from an official licensor or has been redrawn (it doesn't look like a redraw to me).


If you're wrong because they just took it from Google Images and they get sued over it this would be so silly it'd be actually funny.

If this is a real thing disguised as a joke and the real joke is that it's not a joke but that it's serious, well...

41131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
The only less plausible announcement I can think of is Sazae-san. All of it.
Evanjs 
52739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan, US
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
OH MY GOD!?~???~?
18340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Argentina
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
I will not trust any news posted today. Though I am not sure if they actually can joke about something like that either...
19400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
Why must we live in a world where such things as "copyright for band names" is a simple reason to not air an anime in other countries.

Why must we live in a world where we can't trust our fellow man on an auspicious day that many choose to belittle their fellow man.

If this is a joke, I can honestly jump on the whole "cancel my account" bandwagon. I couldn't watch the fansubs because of how awful they were, and the fact that they wouldn't support the series at all.

PLEASE DON'T LIE TO US, OUR FEELINGS ARE AS FRAGILE AS SNOWFLAKES CRUNCHYROLLLLLLLLLL.
88580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
I have reached page 4 and see no opinion from TheAncientOne. I'M GETTING ANXIOUS.
WHY DOES THIS DAY EXIST, IT'S ANARCHY, TRUST NO ONE!
15193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
Whoa, lots of idiots in this thread. You guys can't be serious about cancelling your accounts because you can't watch one anime.
41131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
It is a little odd that ANN still hasn't posted about this (they've posted other stories since this announcement went up). Seems like something they'd jump on if it was real but not go along with if it was a goof (I somehow doubt Zac B is a big April Fools guy).
57602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Northampton, Mass...
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

rhorsman wrote:

It is a little odd that ANN still hasn't posted about this (they've posted other stories since this announcement went up). Seems like something they'd jump on if it was real but not go along with if it was a goof (I somehow doubt Zac B is a big April Fools guy).


But they don't have anyway of knowing whether it's real more than we do, so I assume they are just waiting to see.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.