First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
How do you decide which games to buy?
50002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
There are certainly titles that jump out at me because they are part of a franchise or I've seen the movie or whatever. However, I generally decide by looking at the box. If it pushes the multiplayer aspect on a console, then I probably won't buy it. If it's pretty obvious they've tried to make the graphics look amazing but it doesn't look good, I probably won't buy it. If all the screenshots on the back look like movies, not gameplay, I probably won't buy it. I guess I try to figure out how polished the game is. I enjoy virtually every genre of game, so the main issue is how complete and polished the game is.


lianghong1 wrote:

I only buy games that contains a lot of "PLOT"

I also like Gundam, RTS games. That's pretty much it.


"PLOT"?
552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14 , edited 4/1/14

hainsay wrote:

There are certainly titles that jump out at me because they are part of a franchise or I've seen the movie or whatever. However, I generally decide by looking at the box. If it pushes the multiplayer aspect on a console, then I probably won't buy it. If it's pretty obvious they've tried to make the graphics look amazing but it doesn't look good, I probably won't buy it. If all the screenshots on the back look like movies, not gameplay, I probably won't buy it. I guess I try to figure out how polished the game is. I enjoy virtually every genre of game, so the main issue is how complete and polished the game is.


lianghong1 wrote:

I only buy games that contains a lot of "PLOT"

I also like Gundam, RTS games. That's pretty much it.


"PLOT"?


http://funnymama.com/store/130509/176796_v0_600x.gif
15349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Turn Around (Cali...
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

lianghong1

xD Thats just SO TRUE!
5992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
I buy outright. (;´Д`)
50002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

lianghong1 wrote:

http://funnymama.com/store/130509/176796_v0_600x.gif


That's what I figured. Just making sure it wasn't just my dirty mind.

11523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 4/1/14
I normally look at genre and a few reviews, unless it's a sequel of a trusted series.
552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

hainsay wrote:


lianghong1 wrote:

http://funnymama.com/store/130509/176796_v0_600x.gif


That's what I figured. Just making sure it wasn't just my dirty mind.



Basically, I play Hentai games a lot on PC. When I play on my PS3 then it's Gundam dynasty warrior or Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost. Also, Have 3DS and PS Vita.
50002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/14

lianghong1 wrote:

Basically, I play Hentai games a lot on PC. When I play on my PS3 then it's Gundam dynasty warrior or Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost. Also, Have 3DS and PS Vita.


I feel like you changed your avatar just to show that you really really like hentai
Posted 4/2/14
I read the description of the game (from reviews) or from the game's official site.

If it sounds like my type of game, then I'll buy it. I don't like FPS, mystery or puzzles. I hate puzzles... they kill my brain cells.
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14
-Is the game type/story desirable to me?
-Do a lot of people play this game/is the game critically acclaimed?
-Would I personally enjoy playing this game?

If the answer is "Yes" for two of those questions, I buy the game. (Examples: Hyperdimension Neptunia, Persona, Uncharted)
If the answer is "Yes" for one, and "Perhaps" for another, I wait for a nice, deep price cut, then I buy it. (Examples: Resident Evil 5...yeah, Resident Evil 5.)
21575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
I make sure i'm going to like a game before I buy it, I don't do the whole buyer's remorse thing.
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14
I check out the gameplay from youtube videos, the story (if any), and the price. I usually don't like reading or watching reviews until after I play the games.
Chrixi 
14143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
Watch some gameplay etc. Play a demo if possible. If it is a sequel of a game I have played before or I know something of, that helps deciding too.


27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
I don't have to decide, I'll just buy any game that sounds good.
9687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
I read and watch reviews (not the synopsis or trailers--they tell you nothing), see if my budget will allow, and if all's good, I'll most likely follow through with the purchase.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.