First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
A Certain Magic Index: New Testament
16057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/5/14

sasukeuzi wrote:


Mongah wrote:

Please forgive my ignorance but what does NT stand for? I really want to get into the Magical Index series and have finished both of its seasons. However, I have no idea where I can LEGALLY read the manga to see what happens after the ending of the anime. Can anyone, if at all possible, help me out here.


Actually what we're talking about here is not the manga, but the light novel. Just in case you didn't know, a light novel is pretty much a somewhat short piece of textual literature with a few manga-like pictures throughout the book. Right now there are no plans for the Index light novels to be localized outside Japan, but I could imagine Yen Press picking it up in the future if the sales for the Index and Railgun anime series, and sales for the SAO light novels and Railgun manga do well. Maybe Seven Seas would do it since they own the license for the Railgun manga.

Also, NT 6 is my favorite. NT 2 is a good 2nd. Tfw when so many main characters come together is so HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG


Thanks Sasukeuzi, and everyone else. I appreciate your help and input
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14

sasukeuzi wrote:


Mongah wrote:

Please forgive my ignorance but what does NT stand for? I really want to get into the Magical Index series and have finished both of its seasons. However, I have no idea where I can LEGALLY read the manga to see what happens after the ending of the anime. Can anyone, if at all possible, help me out here.


Actually what we're talking about here is not the manga, but the light novel. Just in case you didn't know, a light novel is pretty much a somewhat short piece of textual literature with a few manga-like pictures throughout the book. Right now there are no plans for the Index light novels to be localized outside Japan, but I could imagine Yen Press picking it up in the future if the sales for the Index and Railgun anime series, and sales for the SAO light novels and Railgun manga do well. Maybe Seven Seas would do it since they own the license for the Railgun manga.

Also, NT 6 is my favorite. NT 2 is a good 2nd. Tfw when so many main characters come together is so HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG


Kamachi Light novels are not your normal brand of light novel though. His are just insane in nature.

Like I said, the best resource for anything is TAMNI wikia called Toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com it will have everything you ever want if you wish to become invested into this series.

This series is the best thing I have ever read and I'll probably not change my mind for a long, long time after finishing the first 34'ish books.

NT stands for New Testament, and it happens to be the light novel sequel series to A Certain Magical Index whose story never really ended...

I'm very sad Trigger couldn't animate this at some point or do the NT light novels. Trigger's over the top action, and their apparent interest in over the top action would literally be a perfect fit in this series. Unfortunately, as of right now, it looks like J.C. staff is probably going to do it. I wish Trigger did a reboot of this or something, because it could be much better like the novels are.

Anyway, in terms of the novels NT 9 is by far the best. Volume 22 is second. NT 8 is third. NT 7 is fourth and so on going backwards from there. NT 9 is the best book I have ever read and probably the best book I will ever read. Everyone I have showed it to either cried or said it was just absolutely amazing even when they were shown it out of context (that's just how good it is). Chapter 7 of that book is just mind-bogglingly good. This book is the one I recommend you to read if you want to see if you want to get into the series or not. NT 6/2 were also amazing, but this one was amazing because it changed everything about the series and made some crazy things happen.

Also, for people who don't generally know, the anime stops at book 12. Book 13 coincidentally happens to be when the plot picks up and actually gets good so the reason people are partly so hyped for season 3 is that it should be much better than anything that has come out before. The best completed arc in Index (NT 8/9/10) is still not finished yet... (one more month...) is Volumes 20/21/22. The material is fantastic and I really recommend it to someone who liked the anime.

I think the novels are much better than the anime, like many novel readers of this series do, and really recommend it to anyone interested. I'll also say that the only reason some people don't like this series compared to others is because they prefer other types of novels to novels of ideas. The ideas in these books are crazy and amazing and are absolutely filled with hype and amazing thoughts.

The railgun manga is also highly recommended, and the Accelerator manga just came out, and there are two other Index mangas out there as well. Anyway, I can never stop liking/praising this series enough to get my feelings/point across and I really hope more people read it/talk about it. It hasn't come out officially in the US since it's so long, and because people don't really know about the series here.

Full Metal Panic, SAO, and Mahouka (irregular at Magic High School) and other series like Shakugan no shana/ Zero no Tsukaima/Toradora/Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu/ Durarara/ Baccano/ Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU/etc... are light novel series which are adapted into anime instead of originally being a manga series. (They're also sometimes adapted into manga as well.) Since it's normally harder to change a novel into an anime, sometimes people who go into these series expecting normal original-anime/manga adaptations judge them a little weirdly, and this happens a lot. So I recommend reading the novels to people who could spend time reading them/are interested to try out stuff other than just anime, and who want a different feel for some series. (The novels are usually better than the animes for these series and sometimes have major differences.)
24641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

dniv wrote:

MAL doesn' t actually have a separate thread for the Index manga/LN's and so I guess this probably works.

I prefer NT 9 to any of the others, but believe NT 10 will be better like usual. April 10th might announce a new anime. It is the 10th anniversary. May 10th is when NT 10 comes out. (yeah like you said).

This is the second three volume arc, so I think NT 10 will surpass WWIII since next volume is supposed to be a boss-rush volume.

For people who want to read the light novels, we're not exactly at liberty here to say where you can read it, but I will mention that you might be able to check Wikipedia for some links.

I recommend trying out the TAMNI ToaruMajutsunoIndexwikia.com which will give you links you need to stuff if you want to read stuff in addition to what the anime has to offer. That is probably the best wiki for a series I have ever seen. It has really good information/links to other stuff, and has a lot of it.

After season 2, you would start reading the novels from Volume 13, but I recommend re-reading Volume 5 epilogue, Volume 6 Epilogue, Volume 12 epilogue, and brushing up on SS 1. The anime rushed some things, so I recommend re-reading these parts. I like it more than the anime anyway, so I recommend you try it if you are interested if you manage to find the volumes.


Also (if you all are interested) Volumes 2 and 4 (of the normal series) are largely different from the anime. Volume 2 in particular has some serious symbolism that is completely cut from the anime.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

Girioni wrote:


dniv wrote:

MAL doesn' t actually have a separate thread for the Index manga/LN's and so I guess this probably works.

I prefer NT 9 to any of the others, but believe NT 10 will be better like usual. April 10th might announce a new anime. It is the 10th anniversary. May 10th is when NT 10 comes out. (yeah like you said).

This is the second three volume arc, so I think NT 10 will surpass WWIII since next volume is supposed to be a boss-rush volume.

For people who want to read the light novels, we're not exactly at liberty here to say where you can read it, but I will mention that you might be able to check Wikipedia for some links.

I recommend trying out the TAMNI ToaruMajutsunoIndexwikia.com which will give you links you need to stuff if you want to read stuff in addition to what the anime has to offer. That is probably the best wiki for a series I have ever seen. It has really good information/links to other stuff, and has a lot of it.

After season 2, you would start reading the novels from Volume 13, but I recommend re-reading Volume 5 epilogue, Volume 6 Epilogue, Volume 12 epilogue, and brushing up on SS 1. The anime rushed some things, so I recommend re-reading these parts. I like it more than the anime anyway, so I recommend you try it if you are interested if you manage to find the volumes.


Also (if you all are interested) Volumes 2 and 4 (of the normal series) are largely different from the anime. Volume 2 in particular has some serious symbolism that is completely cut from the anime.


Oh yeah lol. They are very different in the novels than the anime. ;)

And they're both important arcs, so it might be recommended that you re-read them, though it may not be necessary if you just want to get to the good stuff :lol:

NT 10 setting was announced today.

It's going to be in a Shakespearean castle in Denmark... the setting of Hamlet.

Good god, the poor people in this tragic, but probably hilarious volume. Now I have to read Hamlet in anticipation. :D

This will be Kamachi trying to one-up Hamlet. Now this I really have to see.
8492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

dniv wrote:


NT 10 setting was announced today.

It's going to be in a Shakespearean castle in Denmark... the setting of Hamlet.

Good god, the poor people in this tragic, but probably hilarious volume. Now I have to read Hamlet in anticipation. :D

This will be Kamachi trying to one-up Hamlet. Now this I really have to see. :D

19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14
Also, To aru series is getting 10 new pieces of news tomorrow.

We already got 3 of them.

1. New website.

2. New artbook by the illustrator.

3. Kamachi's writing a new book in addition to his 3 LN series and 4 manga.
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

dniv wrote:

Also, To aru series is getting 10 new pieces of news tomorrow.

We already got 3 of them.

1. New website.

2. New artbook by the illustrator.

3. Kamachi's writing a new book in addition to his 3 LN series and 4 manga. :D


At least one of them better be the cover for the new volume, we got the novel summary I want that cover. With how much they're building this up if there's no Index III I will probably flip something.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

JadeAmberTwins wrote:


dniv wrote:

Also, To aru series is getting 10 new pieces of news tomorrow.

We already got 3 of them.

1. New website.

2. New artbook by the illustrator.

3. Kamachi's writing a new book in addition to his 3 LN series and 4 manga. :D


At least one of them better be the cover for the new volume, we got the novel summary I want that cover. With how much they're building this up if there's no Index III I will probably flip something.


NT 10 cover.



Also, Kamachi is not writing a new book. It is a new 4th LN series. It will be an orthodox school light novel series.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1141297

I don't think the cover counts as part of the announcements, though I really have no clue what the other ones will be. One of them might be the Puzzdex game. But the others, I don't really know.
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
Yen Press just licensed the main series of the Index light novels (not sure if that includes NT). I can finally start collecting.... its gonna take up a lot of room.

http://www.yenpress.com/2014/04/sakura-con-2014-announcements-new-licenses/
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 5/2/14
NT Volume 10, prologue and first part of chapter 1 is out now.

I think we'll definitely see the 6th level 5 esper at long last.
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/14
Whelp NT 10 was awesome. Lots of fun fights and finished topping off Touma's character arc, what more can you ask for. Excited for the next volume.
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 5/21/14

JadeAmberTwins wrote:

Whelp NT 10 was awesome. Lots of fun fights and finished topping off Touma's character arc, what more can you ask for. Excited for the next volume.


Indeed! Ah Touma fought a lot of different opponents and I think it was worth it for him to build a bit of his character. Js06 (the translator of this volume) really did a fast job on this. I can't believe the volume was translated by him in less than 2 weeks!
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/14
Js06 is always that fast, lol.

NT 10 was absolutely fabulous especially the ending. And that epilogue was a bit mind-blowing.

I really liked the new Touma after everything he went through in the previous book.

There were some very emotional scenes in there. I especially liked Roberto Katze's speech in Chapter 20. He is now one of my favorite characters in To aru verse. :D

10/10
69866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Haven,CT
Offline
Posted 5/30/14
Hello people to aru fan here~ I don't know anything about the light novels (however did spoil myself a bit on the wikia ) but wanted to ask you fans who read the light novel do you think we gonna get a season 3? Also do you think the series will go all the way with the light novel (thats what im hoping cuz im a big fan of the series loved the whole series as a whole still need to watch railgun season 2 though )
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/14

iceman009 wrote:

Hello people to aru fan here~ I don't know anything about the light novels (however did spoil myself a bit on the wikia ) but wanted to ask you fans who read the light novel do you think we gonna get a season 3? Also do you think the series will go all the way with the light novel (thats what im hoping cuz im a big fan of the series loved the whole series as a whole still need to watch railgun season 2 though )


To be honest most fans are surprised that Index III isn't a thing already. The light novels are incredibly popular (selling more LNs per volume than most do with several) and the anime of Index and Railgun typically sell well. Essentially its a money maker and a favorite of LN fans, not to mention a third season would cover the parts of the series that most fans refer to as when 'Index stepped up its game'.... which is actually why I think JC Staff is actually putting off the third season. A third season would go into Index's first major arc, one that a 24 episode anime wouldn't be able to fully cover. I personally think they might holding off until they can guarantee they cover the whole arc.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.