First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Spanking
226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
As a child, I hated being spanked.
As a grown up, I kind of like it now.
31009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 4/2/14

Lemontitties wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:


Well by definition is spanking child abuse, why? Because the other person is hitting - spanking the child, so how can you not understand that? -.- That isn't ignorance, that's plain knowledge. People who think that spanking their child is right - are the ones that are ignorant and just plain bad parents. You shouldn't use violence as a way to teach kids, but I bet most of the time that they spank their kids, is because of their own frustration, not for the better well-being of the kid.


There's a difference between discipline and child abuse. You should learn it sometime.


Yeah I bet that's what every alcoholic dad says when someone questions why he beats up his kid.
This isn't about how someone sees this, the evidence is right in front of you, the parents are using (mild) violence to *discipline* (which I might add, doesn't really work all that well for) their kid.

I'm just gonna ask you this then, if I came over and gave you a hard ass spanking *take that as you will XD* would you think that it would be discipline or assault? Do parents have the right to violate their child's body just like that, to "discipline" them?
I don't know about you, but I was spanked really hard and nothing came out of it, actually at one point they just stopped doing it and realized it was futile, the reason I changed for the better was because I changed interests, not because someone "disciplined" to do something else with my life.
Spanking doesn't solve a thing and it does sure as hell not help any problem that the child may have, so it is by definition child abuse.
2251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / neo-tokyo
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
Thought this was sexual spanking OUT
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/2/14

JayVeeDees wrote:


Yeah I bet that's what every alcoholic dad says when someone questions why he beats up his kid.
This isn't about how someone sees this, the evidence is right in front of you, the parents are using (mild) violence to *discipline* (which I might add, doesn't really work all that well for) their kid.

I'm just gonna ask you this then, if I came over and gave you a hard ass spanking *take that as you will XD* would you think that it would be discipline or assault? Do parents have the right to violate their child's body just like that, to "discipline" them?
I don't know about you, but I was spanked really hard and nothing came out of it, actually at one point they just stopped doing it and realized it was futile, the reason I changed for the better was because I changed interests, not because someone "disciplined" to do something else with my life.
Spanking doesn't solve a thing and it does sure as hell not help any problem that the child may have, so it is by definition child abuse.


My dad works full time in federated insurance and rarely drinks and he spanks my little brother when he gets out of line. As a matter of fact, my little brother has been a lot better now since the beginning of the brat phase. Beats up his kid? How on earth is spanking your child beating your kid up? Do you honestly think they mean the same thing? Not every parent spanks their kid as hard as they can by the way. My dad doesn't. It's a form of discipline, not child abuse. I was spanked as a child. I grew up to be just fine.
21130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / El Paso, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14

JayVeeDees wrote:


Lemontitties wrote:


crazysouthsider wrote:


Everyone has their own way of parenting and for most parents that do spank there kids they aren't child abusers.


Well, Muur doesn't seem to think so. Apparently, spanking your child is child abuse. The ignorance is strong I tell ya.


Well by definition is spanking child abuse, why? Because the other person is hitting or hurting - spanking the child, so how can you not understand that? -.- That isn't ignorance, that's plain knowledge. People who think that spanking their child is right - are the ones who are ignorant and just plain bad parents. You shouldn't use violence as a way to teach kids, but I bet most of the time that they spank their kids, is because of their own frustration, not for the better well-being of the kid.


Generalizing parents who choose to discipline their children in this way as bad parents is ignorance. You're obviously entitled to your opinion and I do agree with you that violence as a first resort should be avoided but that doesn't make those parents bad. The parents that abuse their children are bad. The parents that discipline their kid when they're acting shitty aren't.

Unfortunately the line between what's abuse and what is discipline is razor thin. I was disciplined this way as a child and it sucked, but 99% of the time I deserved it. When I have children I do hope that I won't have to spank them. I'd rather talk with them and try to correct them in an intelligent and peaceful manner, but if I must resort to using physical discipline I probably wont hesitate to do so.

$.02
31009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14

Lemontitties wrote:


JayVeeDees wrote:


Yeah I bet that's what every alcoholic dad says when someone questions why he beats up his kid.
This isn't about how someone sees this, the evidence is right in front of you, the parents are using (mild) violence to *discipline* (which I might add, doesn't really work all that well for) their kid.

I'm just gonna ask you this then, if I came over and gave you a hard ass spanking *take that as you will XD* would you think that it would be discipline or assault? Do parents have the right to violate their child's body just like that, to "discipline" them?
I don't know about you, but I was spanked really hard and nothing came out of it, actually at one point they just stopped doing it and realized it was futile, the reason I changed for the better was because I changed interests, not because someone "disciplined" to do something else with my life.
Spanking doesn't solve a thing and it does sure as hell not help any problem that the child may have, so it is by definition child abuse.


My dad works full time in federated insurance and rarely drinks and he spanks my little brother when he gets out of line. As a matter of fact, my little brother has been a lot better now since the beginning of the brat phase. Beats up his kid? How on earth is spanking your child beating your kid up? Do you honestly think they mean the same thing? Not every parent spanks their kid as hard as they can by the way. My dad doesn't. It's a form of discipline, not child abuse. I was spanked as a child. I grew up to be just fine.


The problem is *that it is seen as discipline* to everyone in society, it isn't, no matter what you say about it being effective or not, you're still spanking your child.


Fixaflat wrote:



Generalizing parents who choose to discipline there children in this way as bad parents is ignorance. You're obviously entitled to your opinion and I do agree with you that violence as a first resort should be avoided but that doesn't make those parents bad. The parents that abuse their children are bad. The parents that discipline their kid when they're acting shitty aren't.

Unfortunately the line between what's abuse and what is discipline is razor thin. I was disciplined this way as a child and it sucked, but 99% of the time I deserved it. When I have children I do hope that I won't have to spank them. I'd rather talk with them and try to correct them in an intelligent and peaceful manner, but if I must resort to using physical discipline I probably wont hesitate to do so.

$.02


Okay yeah, bad parents, that is not true, but stupid -.- They shouldn't do it.

And the whole problem with this subject is that I do believe that this "fine line" between spanking being discipline and hitting being abuse, is the problem here, I believe that if you're spanking that other person, you are in fact doing mild (abuse) or discipline whatever you may call it. I just think this way of thinking is wrong, that shouldn't be a thing, it's basically like in the old days where schools would discipline the children if they got the answers wrong, at the time it was acceptable, now, not so much -.-
9477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
i was hit a lot growing up. i never hated my parents for it, sometimes i joke around and bring up the topic to them.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14
Truthfully, anyone who spanks their child isn't creative enough.

When I used to teach kids martial arts there was something called the "eternal pushup." You'd make them go halfway down and just leave them there.

It's a fact of the matter that most kids behave when they have a proper outlet for their energy.

My nephew used to love watching me play video games. It was THE thing he wanted to do when he came to visit. So if he misbehaved I "suspended" him from the activity. He'd straighten right up. And that was with ADHD.

Find out what they love. Turn it against them.

God, I sound so evil...
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14





JayVeeDees wrote:




The problem is *that it is seen as discipline* to everyone in society, it isn't, no matter what you say about it being effective or not, you're still spanking your child

It's seen as discipline because it IS discipline... Like the other guy said, you are in fact entitled to your opinion, but at the same time, child abuse and spanking your child are two completely different things. And until you figure out what reality really is, I fear your future children will most likely rule your life
21130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / El Paso, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14

Okay yeah, bad parents, that is not true, but stupid -.- They shouldn't do it.

And the whole problem with this subject is that I do believe that this "fine line" between spanking being discipline and hitting being abuse, is the problem here, I believe that if you're spanking that other person, you are in fact doing mild (abuse) or discipline whatever you may call it. I just think this way of thinking is wrong, that shouldn't be a thing, it's basically like in the old days where schools would discipline the children if they got the answers wrong, at the time it was acceptable, now, not so much -.-


I can see where you're coming from. I'd love to live in a world where we could talk to our children and they understand with words and other means but looking at the path that this current generation is going down, I do not have hope.



Hayagriva wrote:

Truthfully, anyone who spanks their child isn't creative enough.

When I used to teach kids martial arts there was something called the "eternal pushup." You'd make them go halfway down and just leave them there.

It's a fact of the matter that most kids behave when they have a proper outlet for their energy.

My nephew used to love watching me play video games. It was THE thing he wanted to do when he came to visit. So if he misbehaved I "suspended" him from the activity. He'd straighten right up. And that was with ADHD.

Find out what they love. Turn it against them.

God, I sound so evil...


No. You're a genius. I had planned on this too, among my other ways of avoiding physical discipline.

9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 4/2/14

JayVeeDees wrote:


Lemontitties wrote:


crazysouthsider wrote:


Everyone has their own way of parenting and for most parents that do spank there kids they aren't child abusers.


Well, Muur doesn't seem to think so. Apparently, spanking your child is child abuse. The ignorance is strong I tell ya.


Well by definition is spanking child abuse, why? Because the other person is hitting or hurting - spanking the child, so how can you not understand that? -.- That isn't ignorance, that's plain knowledge. People who think that spanking their child is right - are the ones who are ignorant and just plain bad parents. You shouldn't use violence as a way to teach kids, but I bet most of the time that they spank their kids, is because of their own frustration, not for the better well-being of the kid.


it dpeneeds on how you spank, where you spank, and the physics of the spank,and why you were spank, and spanked with

and maybe a few other questions

but should those questions be answered with absurd and extreme things that will make the difference in discipline or abuse


GerryO 
19624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Tyler, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/2/14
Hell yeah it's an appropriate punishment, when I was a kid in my household you talk back or act a fool you got the belt or a clothes hanger to your ass.
I hated it but I respected my parents and grew up to be a decent human being. When you see a kid acting like a little shit you can tell his/her parents ain't doing their job
For you more Anglo people it might seem harsh but growing up in a Hispanic family that's just how it is, something called Tough Love
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
It's pretty barbaric to use violence as a means of "discipline".

I wouldn't date any who advocates violence. How good of a message is that?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/14
No one is talking about the fun spanking with your significant other. Phersu is sad.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/2/14

Magical-Soul wrote:

It's pretty barbaric to use violence as a means of "discipline".

I wouldn't date any who advocates violence. How good of a message is that?


Barbaric? I wouldn't list "spanking" under the category of barbaric...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.