First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Is Bullying Justifiable?
62175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 4/4/14
Bullying justified? That makes about as much sense as saying the holocaust never happened and Hitler was actually a nice guy.

Can we please get a mod in here to take care of stupid topics like this?
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 4/4/14
You mean like a pre-emptive attack?
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 4/4/14
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/4/14
This topic is literally illogical. "Is bullying justifiable?". Seriously, why did you even create this? I've seen a lot of pointless, nonsensical topics, but this...this takes the icing on the cake.
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/14

SpiritWolf15 wrote:

Bullying justified? That makes about as much sense as saying the holocaust never happened and Hitler was actually a nice guy.

Can we please get a mod in here to take care of stupid topics like this?


I would be more than happy to refer you to one if you like. What you might find stupid might not be to another person.
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/14 , edited 4/4/14

Lemontitties wrote:

This topic is literally illogical. "Is bullying justifiable?". Seriously, why did you even create this? I've seen a lot of pointless, nonsensical topics, but this...this takes the icing on the cake.


I'm glad you took the time to read the description. I want you to know your opinions are precious to me.

P.S. Your name makes perfect sense too.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/4/14
Can bullying be justified? Of course it can. My "bullying" was justified!
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/14 , edited 4/13/14

I see what you're saying and expected a response such as this. Yes, we ought to take care of little things but I think the average citizen doesn't know how much power her or she really has. Consumers definitely have a say in what large corporations do. They want people to buy their merchandise and use their services. We also are the ones responsible for voting in our politicians. I do honestly believe good can come from making educated voting decisions. It seems like now a days people only vote because their friends told them to or because of political party rather than what he or she stands for.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/4/14

CoffeeGodEddy wrote:


I'm glad you took the time to read the description. I want you to know your opinions are precious to me.

P.S. Your name makes perfect sense too.


I can sense the smart ass, sarcasm from your texts. I honestly hope you can one day become intelligent enough to know something like example A here is not worth putting up.

P.S My name has nothing to do w/ making sense. It's just a username.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 4/4/14
No one deserves to be bullied. A stern talking too is always better than making someone feel like shit.
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 4/4/14

CoffeeGodEddy wrote:
I see what you're saying and expected a response such as this. Yes, we ought to take care of little things but I think the average citizen doesn't know how much power her or she really has. Consumers definitely have a say in what large corporations do. They want people to buy their merchandise and use their services. We also are the ones responsible for voting in our politicians. I do honestly believe good can come from making educated voting decisions. It seems like now a days people only vote because their friends told them to or because of political party rather than what he or she stands for.


You're right to say the average person doesn't know how much power they have. The problem is that to use that power meaningfully in a democratic system you need people who agree with you, and as politics show, disagreements exist on every issue from immigration to health care. Most people are pretty apathetic towards politics these days because all they see on TV are talking heads blathering on about how X decision was awful. Then again it's difficult to say whether or not people were well-informed enough before TV (and especially the internet) to actually vote on what they want, so they just voted because it's what they were "supposed to" do, and not for any particular ideal.

Even assuming people were able to get together to enact meaningful change, as a group, it would be difficult to actually enforce changes in the US. Given corporations have the largest amount of money (and, in a capitalist system, money = power) they can do all kinds of things normal citizens wouldn't think of doing - such as bribery, abusing loopholes, etc. Even the fines for illegal practices are pretty much meh to bigger corporations, as paying the fine is cheaper than the legal course.

It's also true that by purchasing a corporation's products you are implicitly condoning their business practices... but some people may have no other choice. They might want to support more moral / beneficial companies, but lack the funds to do so (clean business practices are, generally, more expensive, which makes products from companies that practice them more expensive). So it's a no-win situation unless you're able to buy the moral company's products; even then, some people may willfully buy the less-clean company's products because they like having the cash to spare (for rainy days, or just because they're cheapskates).

... it's easy to acknowledge there's problems, but it's not so simple to solve them. Multi-faceted issues, son!
Posted 4/4/14
All though I do kind of agree with your opinion on the matter, I don't think comparing us to a third world country is fair. Considering some of us want to help, but we don't really have a means to unless we donate to a charity.And it is not really our fault for being born into a First World. I never take anything for granted, and I've been better about not complaining about little things that people may not have. For example, my friend's car's AC is broken, so when it's hot, she always complains about it. I look at it as "at least you have a car, and a way to get around. At least you're not dying." I do feel selfish indulging in all this technology and luxury, but that's our society. And I would be lying if I said I don't like it. But this is just my opinion. c:

I believe in general, no one should be bullied. No one should feel like complete shit about themselves, regardless of their back story. Just don't be an ass hole to anyone. Even if they are a bullies themselves. I mean, obviously perhaps they should have a little karma their way, but they shouldn't be treated like so. That might make their mindset about bullying worse. Whenever I feel emotionally threatened by someone, I always say "Namaste" in reply. "My soul respects your soul" or "I bow to yourself."
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/4/14 , edited 4/4/14
I guess I can understand that it's sometimes necessary for growth or survival, but if it's just for fun, or just to be cruel, or for self gratification, I don't think it's justifiable.
27159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / In an imperfect w...
Offline
Posted 4/4/14
nope. i think this is common sense. there should be nothing to argue about.
Posted 4/4/14

Sychop wrote:


Hachikobubble wrote:

All though I do kind of agree with your opinion on the matter, I don't think comparing us to a third world country is fair. Considering some of us want to help, but we don't really have a means to unless we donate to a charity.And it is not really our fault for being born into a First World. I never take anything for granted, and I've been better about not complaining about little things that people may not have. For example, my friend's car's AC is broken, so when it's hot, she always complains about it. I look at it as "at least you have a car, and a way to get around. At least you're not dying." I do feel selfish indulging in all this technology and luxury, but that's our society. And I would be lying if I said I don't like it. But this is just my opinion. c:

I believe in general, no one should be bullied. No one should feel like complete shit about themselves, regardless of their back story. Just don't be an ass hole to anyone. Even if they are a bullies themselves. I mean, obviously perhaps they should have a little karma their way, but they shouldn't be treated like so. That might make their mindset about bullying worse. Whenever I feel emotionally threatened by someone, I always say "Namaste" in reply. "My soul respects your soul" or "I bow to yourself."


LOL, you're awesome at mocking things. I think you're mocking our posts


I'm not trying to. I only read the first post. I guess other people share the same opinion?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.