First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Kamigami no Asobi
57602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Northampton, Mass...
Online
Posted 4/6/14
I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this. It isn't actually good in any way, but I found it fun. The main thing I really want to happen right now is for her to get to actually hold a sword again, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen. So far she feels slightly smarter than other protagonists from otome game adaptations, but only slightly. I will definitely be sticking around for a few more episodes.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
Speaking of that sword, what high school allows real swords in them? lol
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

Nogara-san wrote:

WOW. I expected some hate for this show but not this intense. Was it the magical boy transformation? I admit, another thing I was thinking when watching this was, 'Oh, is this a parody of magical girl cliches?'

But if this was about a guy in a school of goddesses, admit it; some of you all would say it's good.


I actually found the magical boy transformation to be the best part of the show. I will probably give it another episode or two. My favorite so far is Baldr. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

I will also say that there is one harem/ecchi show I have already wrote off, Daimidaler (over on Funimation). The protagonist seems like a more mean spirited version of Issei from High School DxD, and the lead female does not have the strength to really handle him.
11738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
I've never watched a reverse harem show before. I'll give this a try since it looks amusing.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14

dracphelan wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

WOW. I expected some hate for this show but not this intense. Was it the magical boy transformation? I admit, another thing I was thinking when watching this was, 'Oh, is this a parody of magical girl cliches?'

But if this was about a guy in a school of goddesses, admit it; some of you all would say it's good.


I actually found the magical boy transformation to be the best part of the show. I will probably give it another episode or two. My favorite so far is Baldr. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

I will also say that there is one harem/ecchi show I have already wrote off, Daimidaler (over on Funimation). The protagonist seems like a more mean spirited version of Issei from High School DxD, and the lead female does not have the strength to really handle him.


So far, unless this show does a 180 on Yui to the point where I want bad things to happen to her, I'll probably hang in there to at least halfway. I'm hoping that opening scene is what's going to come at the end.

It'd be a little refreshing to see the MCs all try and kill each other for a change instead of playing nice...

As for favorites...so far I think I like both Greeks. I have a soft spot for Hades anyway.

And Loki is amusing.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
I don't think...I hate it?

It's just not my cup of tea, but its aiming for my cup, so I'm a little harsh at it.
26150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14

Nogara-san wrote:


Diabolik Lovers was 10x worse from the start.....

WOW. I expected some hate for this show but not this intense. Was it the magical boy transformation? I admit, another thing I was thinking when watching this was, 'Oh, is this a parody of magical girl cliches?'

But if this was about a guy in a school of goddesses, admit it; some of you all would say it's good.


Wooops..., I came across wrong somehow.... I loved the show! At least, so far, I mean it's early to say, after all.

I'm confused, I don't even know why you think I didn't like it. So far, I have no issues at all...

Is it because I said the character was and "every woman"? No sin in that. In fact, I find most of the action hero nonsense tediously stupid. People don't live that way for a reason. It's not really strong, it's just brittle and childish.

There are times when you need to be decisive, but being indecisive is a virtue when you don't have enough to decide on. That's just obvious.

Amnesia, is that what you mean? yes, that one, I didn't like so much. That one strained my logic and sympathy. So far, this one I like.

DL... I liked that, mostly. I thought the main character was OK. I had other quibbles... to slow for me. I didn't have any of the vampires I really liked a lot. I still liked it though.

As for the transformation: NUMINOUS. Bring on the magical boys.


v If this is for me, I didn't think you were mean! I was just puzzled people thought I hated the show when it's reversed. I'm also surprised at the lack of love, but, eh. Not that it's probably any comfort, but I already have hopes for the show. some of us like it.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
I'm sorry if I came across mean.

It's just that I get tired of certain sites dissing shows like this because it's aimed at a female audience....even if the show is bad.

Amnesia though? That show is EVIL. Worst anime ever.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

Nogara-san wrote:

I'm sorry if I came across mean.

It's just that I get tired of certain sites dissing shows like this because it's aimed at a female audience....even if the show is bad.

Amnesia though? That show is EVIL. Worst anime ever.


Well I'm a female. But sometimes shows aimed at my gender seem more...bad to me. I didn't like much of what I saw and didn't like the main chick. It just didn't really get me interested and since it is aimed at me, it makes me judge it a little more harshly I guess.

Not to say I don't like some female aimed stuff, Loved Host Club.

But this seemed silly to me. Main chick rides a white horse with a boy that just magical boyed. I don't know
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

Sacae89 wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

I'm sorry if I came across mean.

It's just that I get tired of certain sites dissing shows like this because it's aimed at a female audience....even if the show is bad.

Amnesia though? That show is EVIL. Worst anime ever.


Well I'm a female. But sometimes shows aimed at my gender seem more...bad to me. I didn't like much of what I saw and didn't like the main chick. It just didn't really get me interested and since it is aimed at me, it makes me judge it a little more harshly I guess.

Not to say I don't like some female aimed stuff, Loved Host Club.

But this seemed silly to me. Main chick rides a white horse with a boy that just magical boyed. I don't know


I know what you mean. Mostly I avoid these type of shows like the plague.

Ouran though? Man, I wish someone would make another one. Haruhi is the best female MC EVER.
64908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14
Episode 2

The boys are now getting schooled on love, and only by graduating can their shackles that seal their powers be released. And Yui is accompanied by some talking doll named Melissa. So it's the opening ceremony, and not everybody is there. Well this show is at least holding up given the genre, but I'm not sure how much more I am willing to continue on with this. Susanoo and Loki have started to become annoying, but it isn't bad just yet.
215311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
Another boring episode, almost fell asleep.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
I actually enjoyed this more than the first episode. For an otome heroine she has some personality. Still not sure why I'm watching it but... seeing her in the school uniform almost made it worth it. She's cute at least.
13284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Stockholm, Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
Why am I watching this ? ...

Will probably see more of this but jeesh, well whatever I find it funny to watch ... I think ?
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
Well, that was deadly dull.

Everybody gets jewelry. Yawn. (Oh, pardon me...shackles. )

An annoying companion thing is introduced.

Most. boring. entrance ceremony. ever.

There is little chance I'll watch more than 3 episodes (I do try to give most shows a three-episode trial). There's even a chance I won't bother with episode 3.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.