First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply New Spring Titles: HEROBANK, ORECA BATTLE, DRAGON COLLECTION
The Wise Wizard
73224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

ziemiak wrote:

^Maybe I'm wrong but I think, CR has some kind of budget for each season, so picking up one series means less money for others.

While CR doesn't have an infinite amount of money, there has been no indication that they've had to pass up a series because the pot has run dry.

While they have stated before that they want to get every series they can, they aren't going to pay more for a license than they think it will return in revenue.

54328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
*keeps fingers crossed for Akuma no Riddle. CR's already got three out of the four series I was interested in watching this season, so let's go for the sweep!
Posted 4/6/14

Feia20032 wrote:

Another announcement today?! AKUMA NO RIDDLE PLEASE!!


I don't think CR will pick up Akuma No Riddle.
Akuma no Riddle already aired. It aired on April 4th.
CR announces anime that have not yet aired.
It seems CR announce some animes they stream the day before it airs.
Since Akuma No Riddle is already out; I don't think CR will get it.
30179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

ziemiak wrote:

^Maybe I'm wrong but I think, CR has some kind of budget for each season, so picking up one series means less money for others.


This is probably true to some extent, but I imagine there are some shows that networks/rights holders want to see streamed and will offer said show. Given this is a TV Tokyo title (who themselves are an investor on Crunchyroll), I imagine the process of the show going to Crunchyroll isn't as complicated as other shows. That and I imagine Konami wanted these out there as soon as possible.

Actually, on that note, it does beg me the question whether or not we'll see Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V this time (delayed or not), as the previous series got blocked last time due to the TV Tokyo/ADK lawsuit. There is no longer this issue, given now Konami owns the rights to the show overseas.

For the record, TV Tokyo had added a page and uploaded a trailer for Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, before the official announcement (which never happened).
The Wise Wizard
73224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14

VNlover555 wrote:

I don't think CR will pick up Akuma No Riddle.
Akuma no Riddle already aired. It aired on April 4th.
CR announces anime that have not yet aired.
It seems CR announce some animes they stream the day before it airs.
Since Akuma No Riddle is already out; I don't think CR will get it.

CR has multiple times in the past announced anime that had already premiered.

Would you like a few examples? I can think of one that wasn't announced until the two cour series was half over.

Better yet, how about an example from this season:

Kawaisou (The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior):
Premiered April 3 in Japan (literally 3 minutes before Akuma no Riddle did on another channel). It was announced yesterday (4/5) by Crunchyroll and began later that night.

Aryoch 
15591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Brazil
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
Why can't publishers that only make their titles available to USA/Canada get animes like that and leave the better ones to more decent companies? =)
50610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
I feel sorry for kids in Japan having to choose between these two.
30179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14

Aryoch wrote:

Why can't publishers that only make their titles available to USA/Canada get animes like that and leave the better ones to more decent companies? =)


So you would rather shows you don't consider as good to get less exposure?

I will assure you, a show like this has very little chance to get a simulcast in the first place, much less a legal subtitle release. In fact, it's one of those shows I expect to get edited only dub release over here, nothing more.
24653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Poland
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


ziemiak wrote:

^Maybe I'm wrong but I think, CR has some kind of budget for each season, so picking up one series means less money for others.

While CR doesn't have an infinite amount of money, there has been no indication that they've had to pass up a series because the pot has run dry.

While they have stated before that they want to get every series they can, they aren't going to pay more for a license than they think it will return in revenue.



Ok I believe you.
Posted 4/6/14
So I'm guessing that Akuma No Riddle isn't happening?
The Wise Wizard
73224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

Sacae89 wrote:

I feel sorry for kids in Japan having to choose between these two.

They don't. They air one after the other (one at 6:00 PM, the other at 6:15 PM). That's what CR meant by "as part of the same time block".

Posted 4/6/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


VNlover555 wrote:

I don't think CR will pick up Akuma No Riddle.
Akuma no Riddle already aired. It aired on April 4th.
CR announces anime that have not yet aired.
It seems CR announce some animes they stream the day before it airs.
Since Akuma No Riddle is already out; I don't think CR will get it.

CR has multiple times in the past announced anime that had already premiered.

Would you like a few examples? I can think of one that wasn't announced until the two cour series was half over.

Better yet, how about an example from this season:

Kawaisou (The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior):
Premiered April 3 in Japan (literally 3 minutes before Akuma no Riddle did on another channel). It was announced yesterday (4/5) by Crunchyroll and began later that night.


I forgot. I'm sorry.
50610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:

I feel sorry for kids in Japan having to choose between these two.

They don't. They air one after the other (one at 6:00 PM, the other at 6:15 PM). That's what CR meant by "as part of the same time block".



They are only 15 minutes long? lol back to back dragon card games is still weird.
Aryoch 
15591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Brazil
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

ChibiGoku wrote:


Aryoch wrote:

Why can't publishers that only make their titles available to USA/Canada get animes like that and leave the better ones to more decent companies? =)


So you would rather shows you don't consider as good to get less exposure?


Yes. A lot of people don't get the chance to watch the shows they are antecipating the most because some of the best ones are very restricted, and that also means that a lot of people will still need to rely on fansubs or other ilegal means to watch them. If you were in the place of those people, you probably would want to choose as well.


50610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
I don't care who picks it up, I just want a legal site to have Riddle of the Devil.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.