First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply New Spring Titles: HEROBANK, ORECA BATTLE, DRAGON COLLECTION
19911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Surrey, UK
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

KamenAnime96 wrote:


TiggsPanther wrote:

Really? We get two mediocre-looking card-battle shows here in the UK, but miss out on Wixoss, Kawaisou (I know, Animax... paid members have ads for latest eps, no dice), Mahouka and others?

Seriously?


So Animax's streaming service is like the Hulu of anime in a sense?


I don't know what Hulu does, so I can't say for certain. But Animax UK is a fairly new service so it just doesn't stack up with CR.

Firstly, yes, it does have advertising for the newest episodes. They effectively have two categories for shows. "Free Simulcasts" and "Paid Episodes". Simulcast episodes are up for two weeks, ad-supported. After that, they go behind the paywall for paid-subscribers only.
Except, whilst they're in the "Free" category, even paid subscribers have the adverts inflicted on them. (Somewhat defeating the purpose of paying to join.)

This would be maybe tolerable on its own, except that they also lack queueing functions, can't see which episodes you have and haven't watched, can't resume mid-episode from where you left off... and all of CR's basic functionality.

Oh, and they charge £5.99 month. Compared to CR's £4.99 for Anime-only and £8.99 for All-Access. Despite currently having a much smaller back-catalogue, a small but significant chunk of which are on Crunchyroll in other regions anyway.

Personally, I'm umming and erring over whether to grab fansubs for Kawaisou or just avoid the title entirely (I've got enough of a backlog that I can find other things to fill the gap with). Either way, it's a lost legal view. But there's no way I'm sitting through adverts.
17102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

EpyonDestiny wrote:

Broken Blade's Link is Broken :


One of the broken series with good mech animation I am looking forward to :)



If you are in the US the reason the link isnt working is because it will not be available for US
115555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Cαℓιғσяиια, Sʋи Ѵ...
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
NEXT ONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Black Bullet!!!!!!
Akuma no Riddle!!!!!!!!!
No Game, No Life!!!!!!!!
Mekaku City Actors!!!!!!!
Gochuuman wa Usagi Desu Ka?!!!!!
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane!!!!!
Kanojo ga Flag O Oreretara!!!!!!!!
The Wise Wizard
79789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

TheCoffeeGod wrote:

To help your math out a bit more
Sentai will have at least 8 from this season.

The question is, will all 8 of those license announcements be shows from this season? For example, was Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?, announced on March 19, one of the eight?

On the topic of those announcements, apparently all isn't going as planned. After they tweeted "Nah, I'm just kidding. What would the beginning of a new anime season be without at least 8 Sentai licensing announcements? ;)" on March 28, they followed up with, "We'll be back next week with a lot more to announce, stay tuned!". Yet, that week has come and gone with nothing further.




Bankshot wrote:

I said "Seems"...I know they also they get some of their Anime from "Aniplex" as well, and like you said TV Tokyo. I'm not looking for percentages, or even care. I wish they had gotten "Date a Live" and "Karneval" last year, coupled with "Unbreakable Machine Doll" and "Tokyo Ravens"...all good Animes. I desire quality, and I'm still waiting for "Black Bullet" which I have a feeling that they won't get...

Ok, I have my tastes...and having them unfulfilled makes me question how CR goes about licensing these Animes, because I think these Animes CR has presented are more "market" driven...

And that is my point I guess...

I was simply pointing out your perception was incorrect, so pointing out you said "Seems" is redundant. While you may not care, someone else reading this exchange might. Normally when I respond to a forum post my response isn't intended to be read only by that person.

You are no doubt aware that all of the "quality" shows you mentioned were licensed by Funimation. Frankly, I'm surprised CR fares as well as it does against a company that can dangle the prospect of a home video license in front of the licensor (and indeed has done so in the case of at least 2 of the 4 titles you mentioned).

Is your question really, "Why can't CR get the shows that Funimation gets?"?


As to whether CR gets Black Bullet or not, I expect we will find out later today.

It appears Showgate will be the licensor, so even if Funimation does snag it, it will likely end up on CR for some countries, just not here in the US (or with English subtitles). For the record, 3 of the 4 Showgate titles thus far for this season have been that type.

7010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
I know its pretty unpopular but i was really hoping they'd pick up the new yugioh arc v
12866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

Batmanhasgame wrote:


EpyonDestiny wrote:

Broken Blade's Link is Broken :


One of the broken series with good mech animation I am looking forward to :)



If you are in the US the reason the link isnt working is because it will not be available for US


Thanks for the info:
Presently at Canada.
46654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
card game Monday?
56380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

EpyonDestiny wrote:

The link in de announcement is wrong. The correct address is http://www.crunchyroll.com/broken-blade-tv-edition
To watch it in Canada you must select 'Français' from the list of languages on the bottom of the page.
28470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


TheCoffeeGod wrote:

To help your math out a bit more
Sentai will have at least 8 from this season.

The question is, will all 8 of those license announcements be shows from this season? For example, was Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?, announced on March 19, one of the eight?

On the topic of those announcements, apparently all isn't going as planned. After they tweeted "Nah, I'm just kidding. What would the beginning of a new anime season be without at least 8 Sentai licensing announcements? ;)" on March 28, they followed up with, "We'll be back next week with a lot more to announce, stay tuned!". Yet, that week has come and gone with nothing further.



That was a solicitation title, meaning it was going to pop up on their next solicitations (July releases in this case), which they do near the end of the month.
It's much too early in the month for a solicitation title to be one of the 8(+) titles they are going to announce and the way it's worded in that tweet, they're all from this season.
7017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Online
Posted 4/7/14
IT'S ALREADY AIRED!!!!
17102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

EpyonDestiny wrote:


Batmanhasgame wrote:


EpyonDestiny wrote:

Broken Blade's Link is Broken :


One of the broken series with good mech animation I am looking forward to :)



If you are in the US the reason the link isnt working is because it will not be available for US


Thanks for the info:
Presently at Canada.


If my understanding is correct US and Canada are under the same thing but I could be wrong
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

prabashi wrote:

NEXT ONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Black Bullet!!!!!!
Akuma no Riddle!!!!!!!!!
No Game, No Life!!!!!!!!
Mekaku City Actors!!!!!!!
Gochuuman wa Usagi Desu Ka?!!!!!
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane!!!!!
Kanojo ga Flag O Oreretara!!!!!!!!


This is all the things i want.

All of them.
50573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14
I suppose this is a treat for the little kids.

they'll love this
28721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
These 3 t itles along with those two sports animes can take all my nopes. Not gonna watch this crap.
7648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Ohio
Online
Posted 4/7/14
They all are based of games and the MC has red hair =_=
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.