First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Most Powerful Characters in Anime (they don't need to be hax)
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

dniv wrote:

No, I understand your point about Gurren Lagann. I've seen it. I know it's cool.

My point is that Othinus literally has a weapon that makes her omnipotent, whatever she wants. Time travel, whatever else she wants to do etc... etc.... etc... change everyone's personalities etc...

Yes, given the fact that in Gurren Lagann you can do anything no matter what, they would probably win in that universe, but not in the Index universe...


I don't believe you understand the point of Gurren Lagann in everyone's argument. It's not so much how strong they are(despite everybody just saying it over and over and over and STOP IT, WE GET IT GALAXIES AND ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER WE GET IT) so much as what they stand for.

Gurren Lagann's central theme revolves around nothing being impossible. Someone wipes your memories? ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER! Someone escapes through time? ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER! Someone is physically stronger than you? JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

The entire message of the show defies conventional logic because fiction lets us do that. The show doesn't compromise, it simply overcomes. People really love that kind of message while really hating the opposite. Nobody likes being bogged down by some super-duper being of all powerful win-sauce, that's not simply bad storytelling, it's unlikable storytelling.

The more you say someone can do anything and is more powerful than everyone else, the more people shout ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER.

The characters in Gurren Lagann are only as strong as the foe you put in front of them, and that makes them as strong as anybody they go up against. In a way, it's it's own form of haxs.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

cay032692 wrote:

LOL was this thread created to Glorify The index series? Dont get me wrong currently watching it and loving it, but They are WAY down the list when it comes to power, But from what I see I haven't encountered Othinus as I assuming she has only appeared in the written matterial, But unless she is capable Of annihilating the whole world in the blink of an eye, I would not put any of the index characters within the top 10.

Edit: To your post above, so is she the only one able of doing so?


The other two probably can as well... lol. I only included Touma because he beats powerful characters, but he probably isn't normally fit on that list.

This was partially admittedly created to glorify Index, because I wanted people to know that Index is probably at the top of series that are made to be all out insane epic battles, and there was no easy way to say it. (I still need to see One-Punch man... and other recommendations).

But, at the same time, all characters will get stronger eventually... you'll see lol...

There are other strong series I don't know about... but from ones I've encountered Index is stronger... I'm sure there are more obscure stronger series out there. I just want to know what they are.

Hopefully other anime fans can tell me what they are. It's not everyday when you find a series of powerful characters that actually works. ;)

@Feltstalker

Well I am aware of that lol. But that's why I said it'd work in Gurren Lagan's verse. If it had to obey rules of some other universe it couldn't just overcome everything in the world that easily.

I get that's the point of the series and it's enjoyable.

I will also say Othinus isn't unbeatable like I just pointed out. There is a character who fight her... the main protagonist. How, is a good question, but it's really well-written and that book is NT 9 and like I've said people in the fanbase consider it one of the best books written of all time, so it's much better than it sounds. More than half of the fanbase also hated the book from the spoiler description but thought it was fabulous after they read it.

This is what happens to be true with a lot of Kamachi Kazuma's writing. He writes about really difficult to please premises and does it rather perfectly and makes you appreciate/love it. You won't believe me unless you read it. I promise you. Even fans of the series are like that, so I'm just telling you this as a fan of the series.

NT 9 chapter 7 is extremely good. If you read it, you will understand what I mean. If you don't, you won't be able to. It's actually the best premise people have seen with Othinus as an overpowered character.

The way she is defeated is glorious. The point of the volume wasn't the fight anyway of pure strength, it was philosophical and psychological and tragic. That's why the author didn't focus on her vast powers too much and instead on the philosophical exchange between a God and a mere high school student boy.

It's much better than it might first sound, I want to make that clear to you.
52889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

dniv wrote:


cay032692 wrote:

LOL was this thread created to Glorify The index series? Dont get me wrong currently watching it and loving it, but They are WAY down the list when it comes to power, But from what I see I haven't encountered Othinus as I assuming she has only appeared in the written matterial, But unless she is capable Of annihilating the whole world in the blink of an eye, I would not put any of the index characters within the top 10.

Edit: To your post above, so is she the only one able of doing so?


The other two probably can as well... lol. I only included Touma because he beats powerful characters, but he probably isn't normally fit on that list.

This was partially admittedly created to glorify Index, because I wanted people to know that Index is probably at the top of series that are made to be all out insane epic battles, and there was no easy way to say it. (I still need to see One-Punch man... and other recommendations).

But, at the same time, all characters will get stronger eventually... you'll see lol...

There are other strong series I don't know about... but from ones I've encountered Index is stronger... I'm sure there are more obscure stronger series out there. I just want to know what they are.

Hopefully other anime fans can tell me what they are. It's not everyday when you find a series of powerful characters that actually works. ;)


If you want any stronger, why not the many that have god mode characters? such as Tenchi, or Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Even I could say Light and his DeathNote is able to kill them, by simply writing their deaths, or are there any immortals within the index universe?

lol but to your last part, can you clarify "Hopefully other anime fans can tell me what they are. It's not everyday when you find a series of powerful characters that actually works"
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
additional points to be made!

I'll put Ranma Saotome as "Strongest Harem Protagonist Evah"

Mr. Generic Sauce dudes all got nothing on that guy. He has both male AND female suitors! Not only that, but he beats them all up....that sounds rather bad.

The show was really good and I liked how powerful the characters were. Just a hint of fantasy with plenty of grounded fighting. Ranma is at least strong enough to enter the World Martial Arts Tournament, he wouldn't win however. He's directly below Tao Tao.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

cay032692 wrote:


dniv wrote:


cay032692 wrote:

LOL was this thread created to Glorify The index series? Dont get me wrong currently watching it and loving it, but They are WAY down the list when it comes to power, But from what I see I haven't encountered Othinus as I assuming she has only appeared in the written matterial, But unless she is capable Of annihilating the whole world in the blink of an eye, I would not put any of the index characters within the top 10.

Edit: To your post above, so is she the only one able of doing so?


The other two probably can as well... lol. I only included Touma because he beats powerful characters, but he probably isn't normally fit on that list.

This was partially admittedly created to glorify Index, because I wanted people to know that Index is probably at the top of series that are made to be all out insane epic battles, and there was no easy way to say it. (I still need to see One-Punch man... and other recommendations).

But, at the same time, all characters will get stronger eventually... you'll see lol...

There are other strong series I don't know about... but from ones I've encountered Index is stronger... I'm sure there are more obscure stronger series out there. I just want to know what they are.

Hopefully other anime fans can tell me what they are. It's not everyday when you find a series of powerful characters that actually works. ;)


If you want any stronger, why not the many that have god mode characters? such as Tenchi, or Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Even I could say Light and his DeathNote is able to kill them, by simply writing their deaths, or are there any immortals within the index universe?

lol but to your last part, can you clarify "Hopefully other anime fans can tell me what they are. It's not everyday when you find a series of powerful characters that actually works"


There are not immortals, but they come back eventually if they're killed and they're probably immune to the DeathNote through hax magic and other insane powers. There are also immortals in Index verse. But these were beaten by these three or people weaker than these three... so that kind of explains my point a little bit... lol...

As to the last part,

Most fighting series have inconsistent powers or random power ups.

Index is a philosophical idea series that uses powers to make it interesting, but the focus is on the clever and interesting ideas and morals behind characters' actions. The point isn't just the extreme power like in most shonen series I've seen.

Powers in Index work extremely well because they are governed by the personalities of their users... i.e. the users and personalities are extremely linked to each other and so it works out because the writer of the series is extremely good at creating complicated situations where the characters emotions work out with each other.

Other series that maybe don't have random powerups all of the time, and that are enjoyable week after week like maybe Magi, and others would be nice.

Magi is the most recent series I've seen in this enjoyable not broken category. :D
23568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 727 The Zoo
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
Better than the Index characters that's for sure.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

Captainkirko wrote:

Better than the Index characters that's for sure.


Lol. What series?
52889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

dniv wrote:


Captainkirko wrote:

Better than the Index characters that's for sure.


Lol. What series?


Haha, another god mode character, anime: Problem Children are coming from another world...But You can argue some of those you mentioned in Index, which I havnt seen yet could beat him, depending on the context.
31327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

Well I am aware of that lol. But that's why I said it'd work in Gurren Lagan's verse. If it had to obey rules of some other universe it couldn't just overcome everything in the world that easily.


This argument makes no sense. The exact same can be said about the Index characters as well. Take your Index characters and throw them in some slice of life anime where no powers exist in the universe and they are no different than any other human being by this logic.

I'd say most people here aren't going based on "well if they go to this universe..." I just take a completely blank universe belonging to no anime and put those characters in it with all powers, logics and abilities available to them.


I don't believe you understand the point of Gurren Lagann in everyone's argument. It's not so much how strong they are(despite everybody just saying it over and over and over and STOP IT, WE GET IT GALAXIES AND ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER WE GET IT) so much as what they stand for.

Gurren Lagann's central theme revolves around nothing being impossible. Someone wipes your memories? ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER! Someone escapes through time? ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER! Someone is physically stronger than you? JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

The entire message of the show defies conventional logic because fiction lets us do that. The show doesn't compromise, it simply overcomes. People really love that kind of message while really hating the opposite. Nobody likes being bogged down by some super-duper being of all powerful win-sauce, that's not simply bad storytelling, it's unlikable storytelling.

The more you say someone can do anything and is more powerful than everyone else, the more people shout ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER.

The characters in Gurren Lagann are only as strong as the foe you put in front of them, and that makes them as strong as anybody they go up against. In a way, it's it's own form of haxs.


This post nailed it. If you truly understand this, as you say you do and do the whole blank universe thing then it should be quite evident as to who would be the strongest.
6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14


I still believe that Ken is the strongest of the two. Look at Ken's Muso Tensei, Raoh was trembling in fear when he saw it. Raoh's version of Muso Tensei doesn't compare to Ken's.
Finesse over brute force any day, and Ken proved that in their fight.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14

Falcon132 wrote:


Well I am aware of that lol. But that's why I said it'd work in Gurren Lagan's verse. If it had to obey rules of some other universe it couldn't just overcome everything in the world that easily.


This argument makes no sense. The exact same can be said about the Index characters as well. Take your Index characters and throw them in some slice of life anime where no powers exist in the universe and they are no different than any other human being by this logic.

I'd say most people here aren't going based on "well if they go to this universe..." I just take a completely blank universe belonging to no anime and put those characters in it with all powers, logics and abilities available to them.


I don't believe you understand the point of Gurren Lagann in everyone's argument. It's not so much how strong they are(despite everybody just saying it over and over and over and STOP IT, WE GET IT GALAXIES AND ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER WE GET IT) so much as what they stand for.

Gurren Lagann's central theme revolves around nothing being impossible. Someone wipes your memories? ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER! Someone escapes through time? ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER! Someone is physically stronger than you? JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

The entire message of the show defies conventional logic because fiction lets us do that. The show doesn't compromise, it simply overcomes. People really love that kind of message while really hating the opposite. Nobody likes being bogged down by some super-duper being of all powerful win-sauce, that's not simply bad storytelling, it's unlikable storytelling.

The more you say someone can do anything and is more powerful than everyone else, the more people shout ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER.

The characters in Gurren Lagann are only as strong as the foe you put in front of them, and that makes them as strong as anybody they go up against. In a way, it's it's own form of haxs.


This post nailed it. If you truly understand this, as you say you do and do the whole blank universe thing then it should be quite evident as to who would be the strongest.


This has some spoiler stuff about Aleister and Aiwass about why I think they'd still win in a blank universe against Gurren Lagann... And that's even considering the fact Gurren Lagann was made to beat impossible foes.



I will try watching problem children from another world. That sounds interesting. Thanks. More series like that please. See I already got one series to watch, this thread is working rather well.

I'll also try reading about Ranma. :D

Touma is the weakest/strongest harem protagonist. He's really weak, but he's extremely clever and he works really hard to win, which is why I like him. The books make his fights really awesome. I like him and Goku for completely opposite reasons lol. Though I would like to see more hax series like also Fist of the North Star. I really have to see it. :D
7214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Adanac
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
Arale.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 4/7/14 , edited 4/7/14
1.) Krillin -- not a Yamcha, gets Android 18. Nuff said.

All those other numbers after don't matter.
10250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
Giorno Giovanno of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.



This is possibly the most overpowered ability in fiction, nevermind just anime.
8414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
well alucard from hellsing. then saturn from saint seiya. everyone in saint seiya really. then dont forget TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN they were throwing galaxies. cant get better then that
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.