First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Jojo's bizare adventure...parts 1 and 2
35056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Langley BC
Offline
Posted 4/8/14 , edited 4/8/14
Just watched the first 9 episodes, and WOW! loved it! :)

Anyone have any idea if Crunchyroll is going to release episodes 10-26?? Or do I need to use another source?

Cheers!

[mod edit -- OP got his answer, but feel free to discuss parts 1 and 2 (once it does go up on crunchy) in this thread]
53354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New South Wales,...
Offline
Posted 4/8/14 , edited 4/8/14

TroyParker wrote:

Just watched the first 9 episodes, and WOW! loved it! :)

Anyone have any idea if Crunchyroll is going to release episodes 10-26?? Or do I need to use another source?

Cheers!



Availability Information

Part 2: Battle Tendency will be added with episode Stardust Crusaders episode 2.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/8/14
How many episodes of the first JoJo is there all together. 26?
53354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New South Wales,...
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

Sacae89 wrote:

How many episodes of the first JoJo is there all together. 26?


There are 26 episodes in the first season.

Part 1: Phantom Blood (Eps 01 - 09)
Part 2: Battle Tendency (Eps 10 - 26)
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

matt22122 wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:

How many episodes of the first JoJo is there all together. 26?


There are 26 episodes in the first season.

Part 1: Phantom Blood (Eps 01 - 09)
Part 2: Battle Tendency (Eps 10 - 26)


Thanks
One Punch Mod
85927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/8/14 , edited 4/8/14

TroyParker wrote:

Just watched the first 9 episodes, and WOW! loved it! :)

Anyone have any idea if Crunchyroll is going to release episodes 10-26?? Or do I need to use another source?

Cheers!


I see you've got you answer, so I'm just going to say I'm only a few episodes into part 1 and I'm really enjoying it. Hoping to finish it this week, than marathoning part 2 when it goes up.

I'm wondering what the point was of using rock band and other celebrity name combos though. It seems like a bit of a senseless affectation.

And once that's done, I'll be looking forward to discussing part 3 in:

/forumtopic-834013/jojos-bizarre-adventure-3-stardust-crusaders-discussions
10250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14
I might rewatch the series when Crunchyroll puts it all up. Such beautiful FABULOUS POSING... But I hope they animate DUWANG later on.
62812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

lorreen wrote:
I'm wondering what the point was of using rock band and other celebrity name combos though. It seems like a bit of a senseless affectation

It is explained in part 2. When you see where those guys come from. You will know.
2032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

lorreen
I'm wondering what the point was of using rock band and other celebrity name combos though. It seems like a bit of a senseless affectation.


Araki is a HUGE fan of Western Music. He listens to a lot of it. For example, Roundabout was a song he listened to when initially writing Parts 1 and 2. Music references are just part of the bizarre charm the series has.
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

bathroom64 wrote:


lorreen wrote:
I'm wondering what the point was of using rock band and other celebrity name combos though. It seems like a bit of a senseless affectation

It is explained in part 2. When you see where those guys come from. You will know.


I watched Part 2 and I don't remember it being explained. And what guys are you talking about?
2032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14
There's no "point" to the rock band names outside of the fact that Araki really like western music. It's not something that's brought up in the story or is important to the plot, just nods and references to musical groups Araki enjoys.
62812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14 , edited 4/8/14

Kurodenki wrote:
I watched Part 2 and I don't remember it being explained. And what guys are you talking about?

They used those names because awesome. Do you need any other reason?
326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

BrosefBrostar wrote:

There's no "point" to the rock band names outside of the fact that Araki really like western music. It's not something that's brought up in the story or is important to the plot, just nods and references to musical groups Araki enjoys.


this guy nailed it. there is no real point except for referencing.

Although apparently some of the names were a nightmare to get licensed in the west and had to be altered.
62812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

beano33 wrote:
Although apparently some of the names were a nightmare to get licensed in the west and had to be altered.

The author refused to alter the names. Hence it wasn't licensed. So says wikipedia.
326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 4/8/14

bathroom64 wrote:


beano33 wrote:
Although apparently some of the names were a nightmare to get licensed in the west and had to be altered.

The author refused to alter the names. Hence it wasn't licensed. So says wikipedia.


probably explains why the anime is only being made now, despite the manga being like twenty years old
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.