First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Wearing Glasses for Fashion
75053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

If someone wearing glasses for style bothers someone enough to feel legitimate anger, they should probably re-think their priorities. I think it's nice that glasses can be cute now-a-days, I've worn glasses since elementary school since I can't see more than an inch in front of my face, and got teased for my thick nerdy frames. Now they look kinda cute, and people want to use glasses for fashion.

TL;DR So what? To each their own.
24387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Wonderland
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
I won't comment on the types of glasses people get, thinking they're fashionable or what not (hipster glasses.. ) but I will comment on fake glasses.

I went to see my friend from elementary school who I rarely see and she was wearing these glasses, and I knew for a fact that she had contacts that she wore everyday. I asked about them and she told me that they had plastic lenses in them and she was just wearing them because she thought it looked good. This I don't understand at all. I don't particularly care if you're wearing them and they're prescription, but she was wearing her contacts and glasses with fake lenses!

I've always thought I look unattractive in my glasses and take them off when I don't need to see in "high def" and walk around with blurry vision all day since I can't wear contacts. The fact that someone would want to wear glasses that badly.. befuddles me.
62822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

IcedPeachTea wrote:
I've always thought I look unattractive in my glasses and take them off when I don't need to see in "high def" and walk around with blurry vision all day since I can't wear contacts.

Yes, kinda like when my Internet is too slow that day for streaming HD video, so I switch to a lower quality for a bit. haha
24387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Wonderland
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

bathroom64 wrote:


IcedPeachTea wrote:
I've always thought I look unattractive in my glasses and take them off when I don't need to see in "high def" and walk around with blurry vision all day since I can't wear contacts.

Yes, kinda like when my Internet is too slow that day for streaming HD video, so I switch to a lower quality for a bit. haha


Pffft. It's what I call it.
I have 20/20 with my glasses, since I'm nearsighted and can't see that well far away, but still walk around without my glasses on.
Too much internet for me?
62822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

IcedPeachTea wrote:
Pffft. It's what I call it.
I have 20/20 with my glasses, since I'm nearsighted and can't see that well far away, but still walk around without my glasses on.
Too much internet for me?

Your high speed connection must make it easy to download images and video in a flash.
24387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Wonderland
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

bathroom64 wrote:


IcedPeachTea wrote:
Pffft. It's what I call it.
I have 20/20 with my glasses, since I'm nearsighted and can't see that well far away, but still walk around without my glasses on.
Too much internet for me?

Your high speed connection must make it easy to download images and video in a flash.


Oh, definitely.
4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
As someone who has been wearing glasses his entire life, people who wear non-prescription glasses just to look cool in them are complete idiots. You know how stupid you sound when you say "Oh, these glasses don't have prescription, I just wear them for the look." I ought to punch you in the eye and make you wear real glasses. That's just my two cents.
62822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

DudeItsMark wrote:
As someone who has been wearing glasses his entire life, people who wear non-prescription glasses just to look cool in them are complete idiots. You know how stupid you sound when you say "Oh, these glasses don't have prescription, I just wear them for the look." I ought to punch you in the eye and make you wear real glasses. That's just my two cents.

That was surprisingly deep.
9834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
I've worn prescription lenses since 6th grade. Astigmatism and myopia. I'm not offended by non-prescription glasses. I want a pair for myself, even. I'd be nice to have a pair of glasses that I don't need to worry about accidentally scratching, chipping, or breaking. What does offend me is people acting like I'm obligated to be insulted by people wearing nonprescription glasses.
2444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
No, it's kinda rude to me because I have to wear prescription glasses and these bitches wearing big rimmed fake glasses or hipster glasses are so annoying.
Posted 4/10/14 , edited 4/10/14
I don't know why I should care. Wear fake or real glasses if you like. Most people when they get to old age probably become far sighted. So you might all end up wearing real glasses if you live long enough.

Btw I don't wear glasses
Posted 4/10/14
Switching to contacts was one of my smarter choices in life.
5643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ஐ R e a d i n g ....
Offline
Posted 4/10/14
Mmm I guess I don't really mind ~ Whether they wear it for necessity or fashion doesn't really bother me I wear them for necessity >.<
9205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / GA
Offline
Posted 4/10/14
Just be happy that glasses are cool enough these days that people actually want to wear them.
Sogno- 
45766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/14
well i think if you wear them without needing them it's kinda silly, but i understand people have a need to make a fashion statement

i am near-sighted so i wear glasses on occasion.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.