First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Definitive Edition
14801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14
With The Last of Us: Remastered being announced for PS4 it frankly begs the question, is it too soon and too expensive?
The game has not even released for a year, yet it is being resold at the whopping $60 price tag.
Now, for those who are ready to point spears at me, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to port games and such, but...
What... Ever happened to decent pricing?
To be fair, the cheapest I found The Last of Us was $30. This is coming with the season pass and that "lovely 1080p, 60 FPS" people continuously cry over. So, the price for this game should AT LEAST, be $40-$50.

I see it now, the knights are coming...
Some of you might say, "Oh, you don't have to buy it thus why complain?"
The point is, this is starting to become a trend. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition was a game that could easily be purchased at $15 around the same time, yet it was charged at the price of a brand new game.

Or the typical, "It's to make more profit for them!"
Look, I get it. Money is relevant in our society. However, things can be reasonably priced to entice more individuals to purchase it. Just look at Steam sales and certain prices of brand new games on PC.

Hm... And a point I could see is... I'm sure there's more, but I woke up not too long ago from a nap.

In essence, what I'm saying is that this is gradually becoming a trend and it's not a good one.

Think it's too soon and/or too expensive?
Don't concur with my perspective?

Feel free to discuss it.

This does not have to be exclusively to games. This can go as far as the "definitive edition" of certain products.
I could see the possible discussion of upgraded versions of the same phone like the iPhone 5S or things alike. Maybe even... Well, anything that comes to mind regarding this topic feel free to discuss.
Posted 4/9/14
i'm tired of these companies sucking the money out of our wallet like we can grow them on trees.

45472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
I honestly think this has better chances of becoming a trend than the "overpriced demos" do.

If they're gonna charge full price for it the least they could do is add more content besides the shiny graphics overhaul. Definitive Edition added nothing. It was just a game bundled in with previously released DLC and a shiny new coat of paint, and I've seen games that did that and more for less than what the Definitive Edition is asking.'

And then you realize this is Square Enix we're talking here. You either get porked in the pooper or not buy it. And either way they'll STILL keep doing shit like this.

Sigh...

Games have changed. It's no longer about quality, story, or adventure. It's an endless series of price-gougin, fought by gamers and corporations. Games, and their consumption of gamers, have become a greasy machine. Games have changed. ID tagged gamers carry ID tagged controllers, play on ID tagged consoles. Brain cells inside their bodies enhance and regulate their stupidity. Square Enix control. EA Control. Activison control. Capcom control. Everything is price-gouged, and nickel and dimed. Games have changed. The age of using common sense to buy video games has become of the age of COD and BF4. All in the name of stealing money from gamers who don't give a damn. And he who controls the gamer, controls their wallet. Games have changed. When the game companies sell out... Price-gouging becomes routine.

I tried too hard on that one. Anyone who gets the reference, please feel free to tell me how I did, and if I should change anything.
30037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

-Elo- wrote:

With The Last of Us: Remastered being announced for PS4 it frankly begs the question, is it too soon and too expensive?
The game has not even released for a year, yet it is being resold at the whopping $60 price tag.
Now, for those who are ready to point spears at me, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to port games and such, but...
What... Ever happened to decent pricing?
To be fair, the cheapest I found The Last of Us was $30. This is coming with the season pass and that "lovely 1080p, 60 FPS" people continuously cry over. So, the price for this game should AT LEAST, be $40-$50.

I see it now, the knights are coming...
Some of you might say, "Oh, you don't have to buy it thus why complain?"
The point is, this is starting to become a trend. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition was a game that could easily be purchased at $15 around the same time, yet it was charged at the price of a brand new game.

Or the typical, "It's to make more profit for them!"
Look, I get it. Money is relevant in our society. However, things can be reasonably priced to entice more individuals to purchase it. Just look at Steam sales and certain prices of brand new games on PC.

Hm... And a point I could see is... I'm sure there's more, but I woke up not too long ago from a nap.

In essence, what I'm saying is that this is gradually becoming a trend and it's not a good one.

Think it's too soon and/or too expensive?
Don't concur with my perspective?

Feel free to discuss it.

This does not have to be exclusively to games. This can go as far as the "definitive edition" of certain products.
I could see the possible discussion of upgraded versions of the same phone like the iPhone 5S or things alike. Maybe even... Well, anything that comes to mind regarding this topic feel free to discuss.


Or how about "THE REASON IT'S 60 DOLLARS IS CUZ IT COMES WITH DLC NUM NUTS!". I literally had a huge debacle with the last of us fanboys over this price tag today. They kept damage controlling it to no end, but then I won and they stopped responding after I made a very valid point. It seriously needs to stop. I'm all for remasters. Hell, go for it! I'd love to replay The Last of Us on the PS4! Though don't sit there and act like you can re release it at full price "just because". I'm seriously seeing so many fanboys saying "I don't care if it's 60 dollars, I'll gladly buy it again". If that's not what you can fanboyism, I don't know what is.
39482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / University of Tex...
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
Why complain about a new version of a game coming out. If the new version isn't worth the money to you, you don't buy it, and you've lost nothing. If it is worth it to you, then you trade your money for it and you've gained something.
30037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

Why complain about a new version of a game coming out. If the new version isn't worth the money to you, you don't buy it, and you've lost nothing. If it is worth it to you, then you trade your money for it and you've gained something.


It's called "voicing an opinion". I do believe you know how opinions work, yes? Why complain? That's like saying "Why complain that there are starving children in Africa? We don't live there! Why does it bother you so much?" You see how that argument doesn't work?
14721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

Zachman wrote:

I honestly think this has better chances of becoming a trend than the "overpriced demos" do.

If they're gonna charge full price for it the least they could do is add more content besides the shiny graphics overhaul. Definitive Edition added nothing. It was just a game bundled in with previously released DLC and a shiny new coat of paint, and I've seen games that did that and more for less than what the Definitive Edition is asking.'

And then you realize this is Square Enix we're talking here. You either get porked in the pooper or not buy it. And either way they'll STILL keep doing shit like this.

Sigh...

Games have changed. It's no longer about quality, story, or adventure. It's an endless series of price-gougin, fought by gamers and corporations. Games, and their consumption of gamers, have become a greasy machine. Games have changed. ID tagged gamers carry ID tagged controllers, play on ID tagged consoles. Brain cells inside their bodies enhance and regulate their stupidity. Square Enix control. EA Control. Activison control. Capcom control. Everything is price-gouged, and nickel and dimed. Games have changed. The age of using common sense to buy video games has become of the age of COD and BF4. All in the name of stealing money from gamers who don't give a damn. And he who controls the gamer, controls their wallet. Games have changed. When the game companies sell out... Price-gouging becomes routine.

I tried too hard on that one. Anyone who gets the reference, please feel free to tell me how I did, and if I should change anything.


I also try to shoehorn that rant in anywhere I can lol

Edit: I posted this one a while back when the XB1 was initially revealed

"Gaming has changed.
It's no longer about brands, ideologies, or exclusives.
It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by companies and consoles. Gaming - and its consumption of money - has become a well-oiled machine.

Gaming has changed.
ID-tagged gamers carry ID-tagged consoles, use ID-tagged controllers.
Cameras inside their rooms watch and regulate their abilities.
DRM control. Information control. Subscription control. Money control. Everything is monitored and kept under control.

Gaming has changed.
The age of play has become the age of control...
All in the name of averting catastrophe from sales of used games.
And he who controls the money...controls history.

Gaming has changed."
39482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / University of Tex...
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Lemontitties wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:

Why complain about a new version of a game coming out. If the new version isn't worth the money to you, you don't buy it, and you've lost nothing. If it is worth it to you, then you trade your money for it and you've gained something.


It's called "voicing an opinion". I do believe you know how opinions work, yes? Why complain? That's like saying "Why complain that there are starving children in Africa? We don't live there! Why does it bother you so much?" You see how that argument doesn't work?


I don't understand the connection between your argument and mine.

My argument was that releasing something can only be neutral or positive. Neutral or positive things are stupid to complain about.

Your argument suggests that something negative should be ignored because it does not effect us.
45472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

GreatLordBalzak wrote:


Zachman wrote:

I honestly think this has better chances of becoming a trend than the "overpriced demos" do.

If they're gonna charge full price for it the least they could do is add more content besides the shiny graphics overhaul. Definitive Edition added nothing. It was just a game bundled in with previously released DLC and a shiny new coat of paint, and I've seen games that did that and more for less than what the Definitive Edition is asking.'

And then you realize this is Square Enix we're talking here. You either get porked in the pooper or not buy it. And either way they'll STILL keep doing shit like this.

Sigh...

Games have changed. It's no longer about quality, story, or adventure. It's an endless series of price-gougin, fought by gamers and corporations. Games, and their consumption of gamers, have become a greasy machine. Games have changed. ID tagged gamers carry ID tagged controllers, play on ID tagged consoles. Brain cells inside their bodies enhance and regulate their stupidity. Square Enix control. EA Control. Activison control. Capcom control. Everything is price-gouged, and nickel and dimed. Games have changed. The age of using common sense to buy video games has become of the age of COD and BF4. All in the name of stealing money from gamers who don't give a damn. And he who controls the gamer, controls their wallet. Games have changed. When the game companies sell out... Price-gouging becomes routine.

I tried too hard on that one. Anyone who gets the reference, please feel free to tell me how I did, and if I should change anything.


I also try to shoehorn that rant in anywhere I can lol

Edit: I posted this one a while back when the XB1 was initially revealed

"Gaming has changed.
It's no longer about brands, ideologies, or exclusives.
It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by companies and consoles. Gaming - and its consumption of money - has become a well-oiled machine.

Gaming has changed.
ID-tagged gamers carry ID-tagged consoles, use ID-tagged controllers.
Cameras inside their rooms watch and regulate their abilities.
DRM control. Information control. Subscription control. Money control. Everything is monitored and kept under control.

Gaming has changed.
The age of play has become the age of control...
All in the name of averting catastrophe from sales of used games.
And he who controls the money...controls history.

Gaming has changed."


This is certainly better than mine. Thank you.

14801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

GreatLordBalzak wrote:

I also try to shoehorn that rant in anywhere I can lol

Edit: I posted this one a while back when the XB1 was initially revealed

"Gaming has changed.
It's no longer about brands, ideologies, or exclusives.
It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by companies and consoles. Gaming - and its consumption of money - has become a well-oiled machine.

Gaming has changed.
ID-tagged gamers carry ID-tagged consoles, use ID-tagged controllers.
Cameras inside their rooms watch and regulate their abilities.
DRM control. Information control. Subscription control. Money control. Everything is monitored and kept under control.

Gaming has changed.
The age of play has become the age of control...
All in the name of averting catastrophe from sales of used games.
And he who controls the money...controls history.

Gaming has changed."


We need to get married.
30037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:


I don't understand the connection between your argument and mine.

My argument was that releasing something can only be neutral or positive. Neutral or positive things are stupid to complain about.

Your argument suggests that something negative should be ignored because it does not effect us.


Right...while this business practice has a negative impact on our community. The more we accept these remasters at full price, the more we're going to be seeing rehashed titles at full price. I used that analogy because it makes sense. Starving children don't affect us. Remastered games don't affect us. When I say us, I mean us "personally". But for everyone else, it's a big deal and I believe we should voice our "complaints" whether or not you see eye to eye.
14721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

-Elo- wrote:


GreatLordBalzak wrote:

I also try to shoehorn that rant in anywhere I can lol

Edit: I posted this one a while back when the XB1 was initially revealed

"Gaming has changed.
It's no longer about brands, ideologies, or exclusives.
It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by companies and consoles. Gaming - and its consumption of money - has become a well-oiled machine.

Gaming has changed.
ID-tagged gamers carry ID-tagged consoles, use ID-tagged controllers.
Cameras inside their rooms watch and regulate their abilities.
DRM control. Information control. Subscription control. Money control. Everything is monitored and kept under control.

Gaming has changed.
The age of play has become the age of control...
All in the name of averting catastrophe from sales of used games.
And he who controls the money...controls history.

Gaming has changed."


We need to get married.


Is the box included?
39482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / University of Tex...
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Lemontitties wrote:


PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:


I don't understand the connection between your argument and mine.

My argument was that releasing something can only be neutral or positive. Neutral or positive things are stupid to complain about.

Your argument suggests that something negative should be ignored because it does not effect us.


Right...while this business practice has a negative impact on our community. The more we accept these remasters at full price, the more we're going to be seeing rehashed titles at full price. I used that analogy because it makes sense. Starving children don't affect us. Remastered games don't affect us. When I say us, I mean us "personally". But for everyone else, it's a big deal and I believe we should voice our "complaints" whether or not you see eye to eye.


First, you must explain how a remastered game hurts anyone. The logic I applied earlier applies to each person individually. If they find it worthwhile, they will buy it. If not, they wont. If enough people buy it to make it a profitable venture, then there must be a decent number of people who benefit. Honestly, I don't see how this hurts any community at all. Please explain how you or anyone else is harmed by remasters.
45472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

GreatLordBalzak wrote:


-Elo- wrote:


GreatLordBalzak wrote:

I also try to shoehorn that rant in anywhere I can lol

Edit: I posted this one a while back when the XB1 was initially revealed

"Gaming has changed.
It's no longer about brands, ideologies, or exclusives.
It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by companies and consoles. Gaming - and its consumption of money - has become a well-oiled machine.

Gaming has changed.
ID-tagged gamers carry ID-tagged consoles, use ID-tagged controllers.
Cameras inside their rooms watch and regulate their abilities.
DRM control. Information control. Subscription control. Money control. Everything is monitored and kept under control.

Gaming has changed.
The age of play has become the age of control...
All in the name of averting catastrophe from sales of used games.
And he who controls the money...controls history.

Gaming has changed."


We need to get married.


Is the box included?


My God...It's the Love Box. I...I feel at peace now.

30037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

PatrickAupperleUtexas wrote:


First, you must explain how a remastered game hurts anyone. The logic I applied earlier applies to each person individually. If they find it worthwhile, they will buy it. If not, they wont. If enough people buy it to make it a profitable venture, then there must be a decent number of people who benefit. Honestly, I don't see how this hurts any community at all. Please explain how you or anyone else is harmed by remasters.


First things first, I never said it "harms us", but it has a "negative impact" on us as a community. Everything is all well and done if let's say you or I don't want to buy it., but what about the other half/or majority? Buying remasters at full price is only going to end up in us seeing more of that. Do we really want more remastered titles that get launched not even a year before its original game? At full price to boot? Once a company sees this being accepted, they are going to continue to do it more and more. Thus, other companies are going to follow suit and we are going to have rehashed titles everywhere w/ not a single ounce of thought put behind it..at full price. Then, it's going to resort in shitty IP's getting released because the companies have seen that we like to bend over for them, no matter what they do while we vote w/ our wallets and say "yes, man". That is NOT a good impact on the gaming community. It's a negative one at that. Can you see how this is negative now?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.