First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Definitive Edition
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
Borderlands 2 did something like this. In my opinion anything that claims to be a definitive or "game of the year" edition should be finished. Totally. The attraction of it in recent years was knowing that it contained all the DLC there would ever be, that was your reward for being phenomenally patient.

Those ****ers at Gearbox are still putting out DLC for it! THAT'S the trend that I fear the most, not revamped versions sold at full price a second time.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Lemontitties wrote:

It's called "voicing an opinion". I do believe you know how opinions work, yes? Why complain? That's like saying "Why complain that there are starving children in Africa? We don't live there! Why does it bother you so much?" You see how that argument doesn't work?


Di....did you really just relate buying a 60$ remastered version which no one is forcing you to buy to starving children in Africa who can't help starving because there isn't enough food?

What.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

Phersu wrote:


Di....did you really just relate buying a 60$ remastered version which no one is forcing you to buy to starving children in Africa who can't help starving because there isn't enough food?

What.


It was an analogy. I was using it as an example of how it doesn't affect us "personally". Both of those don't affect us "personally". Though It has an impact on those kids if we don't help and it has an impact on us "as a community" if everyone else starts buying rehashed titles at full price. Simply put, I was saying if we don't voice our concerns, it'll leave us w/ nothing but negative impacts. I'm not sure why you have a problem with my analogy? Or do you just not get it?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Lemontitties wrote:


It was an analogy. I was using it as an example of how it doesn't affect us "personally". Both of those don't affect us "personally". Though It has an impact on those kids if we don't help and it has an impact on us "as a community" if everyone else starts buying rehashed titles at full price. Simply put, I was saying if we don't voice our concerns, it'll leave us w/ nothing but negative impacts. I'm not sure why you have a problem with my analogy? Or do you just not get it?



I get it, kid. Wasn't hard to get. Just very improper. Those two things aren't related at all. Choose something better.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

Phersu wrote:



I get it, kid. Wasn't hard to get. Just very improper. Those two things aren't related at all. Choose something better.


Trying to insult me is a little pathetic, don't you think? Why should I "choose something better" just because you don't agree w/ it? Learn to stop being so intolerant.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Lemontitties wrote:

Trying to insult me is a little pathetic, don't you think? Why should I "choose something better" just because you don't agree w/ it? Learn to stop being so intolerant.


What? I wasn't trying to insult you, kid. Stop taking offense to everything.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

Phersu wrote:


What? I wasn't trying to insult you, kid. Stop taking offense to everything.


Referring to me as "kid" is pretty insulting. Awareness is key when you're typing things, friend.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Lemontitties wrote:

Referring to me as "kid" is pretty insulting. Awareness is key when you're typing things, friend.


Calling a spade a spade isn't an insult. You're a kid. I'm a kid. Get over it.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Phersu wrote:

Calling a spade a spade isn't an insult. You're a kid. I'm a kid. Get over it.


Yeah, you need growing up to do if that's how your mindset works. If you don't see a problem w/ another person's complaints w/ you and just brush it off w/ something smart ass like "get over it", I wonder how you get along w/ others. Good luck in life.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Lemontitties wrote:

Yeah, you need growing up to do if that's how your mindset works. If you don't see a problem w/ another person's complaints w/ you and just brush it off w/ something smart ass like "get over it", I wonder how you get along w/ others. Good luck in life.


Alright, lets start from the top.

First, you were condescending by implying I couldn't understand such a simple concept as an analogy. So your advice to me? Yeah. Hypocrite kid, take your own advice.

Second? I'm constantly around and dealing with people at least twice my age. Sometimes three times my age. I realize I'm a kid still because of this. Your the same age, therefore, you're also still a kid. Not condescension, just how my brain works.

Third. Scale. Sixty dollars on a game, which no one is forcing you to buy, mind, is no where near enough to children starving to ever be in an analogy together unless you're some sort of complete basket case.

Fourthly? Get. Over. It.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14

Phersu wrote:


Alright, lets start from the top.

First, you were condescending by implying I couldn't understand such a simple concept as an analogy. So your advice to me? Yeah. Hypocrite kid, take your own advice.

Second? I'm constantly around and dealing with people at least twice my age. Sometimes three times my age. I realize I'm a kid still because of this. Your the same age, therefore, you're also still a kid. Not condescension, just how my brain works.

Third. Scale. Sixty dollars on a game, which no one is forcing you to buy, mind, is no where near enough to children starving to ever be in an analogy together unless you're some sort of complete basket case.

Fourthly? Get. Over. It.


Firstly, I was genuinely asking if you didn't get it. I didn't mean it as an insult. If you didn't get it, I was going to explain it in a more detailed way. That's your fault for taking it as an insult, not mine.

Second, learn to be tolerant of how other people perceive things. Not everyone thinks the same way you do. If someone has a problem w/ how you labeled them, don't add fuel to the fire and say "get over it". You're just being a complete dick.

Third, I used it as an analogy for people who are saying "Why complain?" all the time. Saying why complain is like saying why complain that there are starving children in Africa since it "doesn't affect us personally". Why else would she say "why complain" other than it doesn't affect us? My main point wasn't that there are kids who are starving. My point was just to get the fact across that sometimes we "have" to complain in order to get our voices heard. Get a clue, seriously.

Fourthly, grow up and soon. You are seriously immature, it's rather pathetic.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/9/14


Finished setting up some custom ringtones for my phone on the comp. Thanks for helping me kill some time while I did that, kid. Welp, I'm off now. Night.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/9/14

Phersu wrote:


Finished setting up some custom ringtones for my phone on the comp. Thanks for helping me kill some time while I did that, kid. Welp, I'm off now. Night.


I pity you...

I do hope you can genuinely make friends one day. For I doubt you have a lot, if any at all w/ that little smart ass ego you got going there.
9205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / GA
Offline
Posted 4/9/14
This thread is so win.

It seems like some of you feel they are obligated to give you a better price, but that's not how the free market works. Don't buy it at full price and it will be cheaper in 3 months. If not enough people buy it, they will either discontinue the idea or lower the price at release. If enough people do buy it, that means a company you like is earning more money to put into new projects.



And for the record, comparing trivial things to the plight of starving children is always going to end badly. No matter how honorable your intentions are it's always going to come across a bit debasing.
Posted 4/9/14 , edited 4/12/14
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.