First  Prev  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  Next  Last
Post Reply Aldnoah Zero Anticipation and Discussion
31376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Rulid Village
Offline
Posted 9/3/14 , edited 9/3/14

Felstalker wrote:

That is Slaine. Slaine is the on in position to do this and has reason to do this.

Even if you could show me proof of when Inaho or the Princess decide on doing this and talk about it. I shall assume your assuming this is his mission

And if it was, WHY DIDNT HE TEAM UP WITH SLAINE?

The princess was all "oh its Slaine hurrah!" When he saved them. Isn't Inaho able to put 2 and 2 together? Go 4ward in the plot?




How is Slaine in a better position to carry out that mission. he already tried and failed to recover the princess....Also Slaine has zero reason to end the war, he JUST wants to protect the princess, because of some childhood crush.

I don't want to go dig it up but I'm sure it's been mentioned in several convos between Inaho and the Princess how he just want the war to end and he trust that she can do that.

team up?! why would he team up with some random Martian (i know he's human but Inaho thought he was martian)? For all he knew two martians were fighting (In-fighting between clans had been well established up to that point) and decided in the moment "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". When they enemy was defeated Inaho straight up asked if Slaine was one of the people who tried to kill the princess and Slaine didn't give an adequate response, hence he was reverted to 'enemy status' in Inaho's head.

I'm starting to think you haven't even watched the show, these are surface level facts, no inferences needed to ascertain these happenings
13367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Lost in the middl...
Offline
Posted 9/3/14
I'm pretty sure Valvrave was a serious show. . . though a lot of people I know took the show as joke because of some of its elements. For one, there was rape in Valvrave and it discuss the guilt the 'rapist' felt over it (it didn't really do too good of a job though, imo). Secondly, many people die -- and I mean many, several of which who are major characters. In addition, there was a lot of emotional angst within each character that it breaches the territory of melodrama.

Yea, Valvrave was definitely meant to be lighthearted. /s



But when a show IS super serious, or handles serious subject matter like racism, PTSD, and Political stuff, you need to address the show more seriously.


Right, because even when a comedy mocks these things, it's meant to be taken seriously just because it contains these themes.


I was trying to say that Aldnoah Zero is a serious War Drama, and that means we need to be more critical of its shortcomings. If Inaho is not a good hero(which he is not) then the show has a critical flaw. Who is the audience supposed to root for if no our heroes? How can their be a conflict if one side is so obviously evil? Its not Man vs Man or Human vs Martian. Its Rasict assholes in super Mecha vs Super genius kid in normal mecha. Basic super robot shit without the cheesiness. They want me to take it seriously? THEN WRITE CHARACTERS BETTER! THAT IS ALL I WANT.


1) Characters don't always need to be the drive of a show. It's a common drive but a lot of other things can be the life of a show, i.e. action.
2) We don't need to root for a side -- we can watch both fall.
3) The conflict is obvious from the first 3 episodes themselves -- the Martians have superior firepower and technology compare to the Terrans. Did you watch and remember the Terrans get crushed and obliterated at first? The conflict is that Earth lacks the equal technology to battle the Martians on an equal scale and that's where strategy kicks in -- hence Inaho's role, he's the tactician that changes the one-sided warfare. The assassination attempt of the Princess are details for this conflict. In addition, Slaine's loyalty towards the Princess conflicts with Inaho's claims that he may possibly use the Princess for whatever goals he has.


And if it was, WHY DIDNT HE TEAM UP WITH SLAINE?

The princess was all "oh its Slaine hurrah!" When he saved them. Isn't Inaho able to put 2 and 2 together? Get 4ward UB the plot?


The entirety of episode 7 covered this. You must have been watching it with either tinted lens or a blindfold to have missed its points. He did team up with Slaine, whom he knew nothing about -- which is a huge risk at war -- to take down the enemy. After the defeat of the enemy, he has no need for Slaine. In addition, he knows nothing of Slaine's motives so he questions him but Slaine demands to be taken to the Princess. Slaine then points his carrier's guns at Inaho and questions if Inaho plans to exploit the Princess.
6384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 9/3/14

Sunnoir wrote:

And Gafennec why must he have an explanation for being who he is? It seems the emotionless character is cliched into being either someone with a tragic backstory or someone with a mental issue, so I for one would welcome this character from someone who doesn't fit into either category because it feels a bit more fitting* for him.
*Fitting meaning I accept him being this way unlike the two "emotionless" characters from the past two P.A. Works shows that I dislike (but are also exceptions).


Because people are the creations of their experiences good and bad. They are not formed fully from the mind of Zeus and plopped into the world. We may never see Inaho's backstory, but I can live with that. But I am curious as to what made him the way he is.
24961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 9/3/14 , edited 9/4/14
Wow.
So long.
Much debate.
7982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / End of the World
Offline
Posted 9/3/14

shaunj07 wrote:

Wow.
So long.
Much debate.


Ugh.
Too old.
For this crap.
9766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 9/3/14

Embrace_Me wrote:

I'm pretty sure Valvrave was a serious show. . . though a lot of people I know took the show as joke because of some of its elements.


I always thought of it as a "space opera" -- the story was fast paced and over-the-top, packed to the gills with drama, action, and just raw emotion. I think every single episode ended with a cliffhanger, too haha!

Personally, I loved the series -- but I've always loved a good space opera... just glancing at the nearest bookcase, I see EE Doc Smith's "Lensman" series, Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" series, Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" series... and then there's TV's "Blake's 7" and "Babylon 5"... for anime, it kinda echoed "Vandread" to me (totally different story, just had the same "feel" about it, if that makes sense) They usually have their campy moments and their "ehh? ok, whatever" moments, but a space opera is just a great rollercoaster ride to me ^_^
15957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 9/4/14

remassie wrote:

How is Slaine in a better position to carry out that mission. he already tried and failed to recover the princess....Also Slaine has zero reason to end the war, he JUST wants to protect the princess, because of some childhood crush.

I don't want to go dig it up but I'm sure it's been mentioned in several convos between Inaho and the Princess how he just want the war to end and he trust that she can do that.

I'm starting to think you haven't even watched the show, these are surface level facts, no inferences needed to ascertain these happenings


You doubt that I watched the show because I did not remember a specific scene two episodes ago? Come on now, you didn't provide proof you've watched it either! You simply said "I'm sure it's been mentioned" like your word is more valuable than mine. If you won't take my word at face value, why should I take yours?

The only reasons Inaho has to stop the war or help the Princess are "bitches are hawt & war is bad"
Inaho isnt a specifically sensitive or caring person, rather he is shown as a logical and reliable one.

Ending a war and surviving are two entirely different things.

Inaho has no reason to go beyond surviving, so if you are right and he did say "I want to end the war and save princess cleavage", it would make no sense as his character wouldn't say that. Which is bad writing.

Can you find a logical reason for Inaho to want an end to war? And war = bad is a subjective opinion, the Martions believe war is fucking great because they win, and Inaho is winning at war too.
22153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/4/14

shaunj07 wrote:

Wow.
So long.
Much debate.


Exactly.
19777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/4/14

Felstalker wrote:


remassie wrote:

How is Slaine in a better position to carry out that mission. he already tried and failed to recover the princess....Also Slaine has zero reason to end the war, he JUST wants to protect the princess, because of some childhood crush.

I don't want to go dig it up but I'm sure it's been mentioned in several convos between Inaho and the Princess how he just want the war to end and he trust that she can do that.

I'm starting to think you haven't even watched the show, these are surface level facts, no inferences needed to ascertain these happenings


You doubt that I watched the show because I did not remember a specific scene two episodes ago? Come on now, you didn't provide proof you've watched it either! You simply said "I'm sure it's been mentioned" like your word is more valuable than mine. If you won't take my word at face value, why should I take yours?

The only reasons Inaho has to stop the war or help the Princess are "bitches are hawt & war is bad"
Inaho isnt a specifically sensitive or caring person, rather he is shown as a logical and reliable one.

Ending a war and surviving are two entirely different things.

Inaho has no reason to go beyond surviving, so if you are right and he did say "I want to end the war and save princess cleavage", it would make no sense as his character wouldn't say that. Which is bad writing.

Can you find a logical reason for Inaho to want an end to war? And war = bad is a subjective opinion, the Martions believe war is fucking great because they win, and Inaho is winning at war too.


Dude..........is it not ridiculous to ask for these guys to have "reasons" for going into war...............................Not everyone is going to be all Kira Yamato and be "I must end this war" ...........your asking for "reasons" from the side that never wanted war in the first place.........I'm not sure what your point is..............
19191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Alderaan
Offline
Posted 9/4/14

Felstalker wrote:

Can you find a logical reason for Inaho to want an end to war? And war = bad is a subjective opinion, the Martions believe war is fucking great because they win, and Inaho is winning at war too.


Let's assume your country was invaded by a force more powerful than it is capable of handling? Would you just go up to an enemy soldier and be like "Kill me dude, this is not my war, I have no reason to fight to protect LIFE AS I KNOW IT." Because from what you are saying, you need a better reason to want to end a war than protecting your friends, family, and livelihood, aka surviving.

Sargeant: Soldier A why do you want to fight the enemy?

Soldier A : Because I don't want to be a slave / die.

Sargeant: GTFO of here!

Sargeant: What about you Soldier B?

Soldier B: Because 10 years ago the enemy killed my mother and kidnapped my sister. They also took a special rock that my father left me that holds the untold secrets of the universe and unless I get it back existence as we know it is in trouble. Also I hope to have sexual relations with their women.

Sargeant: That's the spirit!
15957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 9/4/14

xxJing wrote:


I'm not saying this logic doesn't make sense.

I'm asking how Inaho came to this decision.

Why didn't he decide hiding wasn't a better option? It might not be a sure-fire win, but going to war with Super powerful Martians with your friends and family will not exactly protect them.

Inaho: Come on everyone! Let's provoke an enemy that 10 years ago beat us so bad our government had to pretend it didn't happen so we wouldn't panic! Let's harbor a princess that we know the enemy milliatry wants dead at all costs!

I'm not saying protecting Princesses is bad, just that it doesn't match Inahos character, and he has no reason to actually do it.
15957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 9/4/14

h9902014 wrote:

Dude..........is it not ridiculous to ask for these guys to have "reasons" for going into war...............................Not everyone is going to be all Kira Yamato and be "I must end this war" ...........your asking for "reasons" from the side that never wanted war in the first place.........I'm not sure what your point is..............


It isn't! I am asking for these reasons!

What are their reasons? If they have none, why aren't they voicing this? If they don't want to go to war why are we spending entire episodes of them joining the military and training for combat? It goes beyond survival at that point.
If they don't want war, why are they preparing for war? Why arnt they trying to diplomaticly end this? Do you see our heroes looking to communicate or preparing to fight?

When I see something in Aldnoah Zero that doesn't make sense, I point it out. I'm saying "Look! This makes no sense right?"
I want you to either say "your right!" or "The reason this happened is because X, you are a fucking stupid person Felstalker"
Not "I don't know what you mean"

Is it me? Am I not clear enough? My examples to vague? Their actions and their motives do not line up. What does Rayet want? I assume its to get revenge by killing Martians, but she does the opposite and tries to kill the martians target? Does she have downs or is perhaps inbred? Is she emotionally unstable? Why did it take 9 episodes or about 1 week for her to snap?

Why does it seem like communication will solve everything? if Slaine talked to Blonde-Nazi-racist about Princess like 5 minutes sooner, the plot would have been solved. Instead he gets tortured only to reveal she's alive with a chuckle, but its too late!

Why doesnt anybody ask Rayet "who are you? Why was purple not chasing you?" "Where are your parents?"
Why are they lettimg her roam around without answers to these questions? How is this emotionally withdrawn girl so calm and able to hide things she doesn't really need to hide? Why did she freak out two weeks later on the one person she KNOWS isn't at fault?

Why why why?
19191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Alderaan
Offline
Posted 9/4/14

Felstalker wrote:


xxJing wrote:


I'm not saying this logic doesn't make sense.

I'm asking how Inaho came to this decision.

Why didn't he decide hiding wasn't a better option? It might not be a sure-fire win, but going to war with Super powerful Martians with your friends and family will not exactly protect them.

Inaho: Come on everyone! Let's provoke an enemy that 10 years ago beat us so bad our government had to pretend it didn't happen so we wouldn't panic! Let's harbor a princess that we know the enemy milliatry wants dead at all costs!

I'm not saying protecting Princesses is bad, just that it doesn't match Inahos character, and he has no reason to actually do it.


You must have missed the last 9 episodes.

1st enemy, they ran and hid from him, but they realized they couldn't hide forever (especially since the nukes were coming) so Inaho came up with a plan to get them to safety.

2nd enemy, he came down and started harassing their ship, Inaho fought him off with that plan to smash him with the container thing. That guy came back and attacked them while they were in the sea, Inaho fought him off again.

3rd enemy, she just happened to be in the area they were heading to in order to find safety. Inaho fought her off because he didn't want her to sink the friggin ship.

Last few episodes, Inaho has been traveling with the Aldnoah Ship to Russia because it's the only place left to go.

As far as harboring the princess, well the fact that she is alive can cause instability among the martians and help end this war which is threatening his safety. We have been shown he is smart enough to discern between when and when not to do something. I mean, he lets the princess die, full out war, humanity loses, he is fucked. He keeps the princess safe until she can be used to stop the war, the war ends, he gets to go back to living, happy days.

You are basically asking why someone who knows how to solve a problem, doesn't just be lazy and do something easy to avoid the problem, than use their wits to solve the problem. The answer I have for you is, well maybe solving the problem yields a better result than simply avoiding it.
1639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 9/4/14
hahaha... well like I said a few pages back~~~
19777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/4/14

Felstalker wrote:


h9902014 wrote:

Dude..........is it not ridiculous to ask for these guys to have "reasons" for going into war...............................Not everyone is going to be all Kira Yamato and be "I must end this war" ...........your asking for "reasons" from the side that never wanted war in the first place.........I'm not sure what your point is..............


It isn't! I am asking for these reasons!

What are their reasons? If they have none, why aren't they voicing this? If they don't want to go to war why are we spending entire episodes of them joining the military and training for combat? It goes beyond survival at that point.
If they don't want war, why are they preparing for war? Why arnt they trying to diplomaticly end this? Do you see our heroes looking to communicate or preparing to fight?

When I see something in Aldnoah Zero that doesn't make sense, I point it out. I'm saying "Look! This makes no sense right?"
I want you to either say "your right!" or "The reason this happened is because X, you are a fucking stupid person Felstalker"
Not "I don't know what you mean"

Is it me? Am I not clear enough? My examples to vague? Their actions and their motives do not line up. What does Rayet want? I assume its to get revenge by killing Martians, but she does the opposite and tries to kill the martians target? Does she have downs or is perhaps inbred? Is she emotionally unstable? Why did it take 9 episodes or about 1 week for her to snap?

Why does it seem like communication will solve everything? if Slaine talked to Blonde-Nazi-racist about Princess like 5 minutes sooner, the plot would have been solved. Instead he gets tortured only to reveal she's alive with a chuckle, but its too late!

Why doesnt anybody ask Rayet "who are you? Why was purple not chasing you?" "Where are your parents?"
Why are they lettimg her roam around without answers to these questions? How is this emotionally withdrawn girl so calm and able to hide things she doesn't really need to hide? Why did she freak out two weeks later on the one person she KNOWS isn't at fault?

Why why why?


Sigh

Yes....they were prepped for war, they've been going to a Military academy. Is that not self explanatory. BUT ITS NOT LIKE THEY WANTED ONE. They always had to be prepared because at any moment.....War could happen(BECAUSE OF THE LAST ONE). Does it seem at all like they want this war.

So.......what.............they are supposed to just be total pacifists and let themselves be killed until.....what excacly. Besides that the Martians LEVELED NEW ORLEANS as their first strike. They came in and started attacking without warning or anything just pure destruction...........what do you expect them to do. Also Fel their communications have been jammed.....anyway so it doesn't even matter.

Isn't it obvious that the hypocritical douche is emotionally unstable.

Slaine couldn't tell the blond guy anything BECAUSE HE DIDNT KNOW WHO WAS A TRAITOR AND WHO WASNT.

Fel man, if you see people telling you didn't watch the show it's because you're omitting facts from the show.....and stuff that is pretty self explanatory.....

Although the stuff in bold is pretty suspect I agree with that. ............Although you could say...........that everyone is too busy trying not to die against the Martians to really have time for that.
First  Prev  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.