First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply The word "weeaboo"
552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
weeaboo is a direct attack on the person because "I dislike what you like".
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

kaptainkooleio wrote:

Do you speak English while mixing in Japanese in an attempt to seem cute? If so, then please stop, weeaboo.


No. I speak either English, or Japanese. I do not mix them. Also? Call me a weeaboo one more time, and I'll do things to you that'll make Vlad Tepes look tame in comparison.

Yay!
Posted 4/12/14

Phersu wrote:

No. I speak either English, or Japanese. I do not mix them. Also? Call me a weeaboo one more time, and I'll do things to you that'll make Vlad Tepes look tame in comparison.

Yay!


You weeaboo.
Jarexx 
30923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

kaptainkooleio wrote:

Weeaboo means you act and speak as if your Japanese even though you most definitely are not.

And in all honesty its pretty annoying. I love anime and Manga in all of its holiness but there's a fine line in the sentences

"I love anime and manga" and "I love anime so much its so sugoi~desu. you should totally check out kawaii series like Naruto and Bleach kun-chan :3.Nyan Nyan Nyan"

I just don't like when people mix and mash languages together. Its ANNOYING!!!!!!


I have nothing against Bleach and Naruto, just examples

this is the most annoying shit. JAPAN IS #1 GUYZ HURR DURR
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

Phersu wrote:


kaptainkooleio wrote:

Do you speak English while mixing in Japanese in an attempt to seem cute? If so, then please stop, weeaboo.


No. I speak either English, or Japanese. I do not mix them. Also? Call me a weeaboo one more time, and I'll do things to you that'll make Vlad Tepes look tame in comparison.

Yay!


W-E-E-A-B-O-O!

Still, don't ever mix the two languages together in attempt to sound kawaii


17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

Jarexx wrote:


kaptainkooleio wrote:

Weeaboo means you act and speak as if your Japanese even though you most definitely are not.

And in all honesty its pretty annoying. I love anime and Manga in all of its holiness but there's a fine line in the sentences

"I love anime and manga" and "I love anime so much its so sugoi~desu. you should totally check out kawaii series like Naruto and Bleach kun-chan :3.Nyan Nyan Nyan"

I just don't like when people mix and mash languages together. Its ANNOYING!!!!!!


I have nothing against Bleach and Naruto, just examples

this is the most annoying shit. JAPAN IS #1 GUYZ HURR DURR


Hopefully your saying that mixing the two languages together is annoying and not my statement
Jarexx 
30923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

kaptainkooleio wrote:


Jarexx wrote:


kaptainkooleio wrote:

Weeaboo means you act and speak as if your Japanese even though you most definitely are not.

And in all honesty its pretty annoying. I love anime and Manga in all of its holiness but there's a fine line in the sentences

"I love anime and manga" and "I love anime so much its so sugoi~desu. you should totally check out kawaii series like Naruto and Bleach kun-chan :3.Nyan Nyan Nyan"

I just don't like when people mix and mash languages together. Its ANNOYING!!!!!!


I have nothing against Bleach and Naruto, just examples

this is the most annoying shit. JAPAN IS #1 GUYZ HURR DURR


Hopefully your saying that mixing the two languages together is annoying and not my statement

mixing two languages is dumb. sorry for the confusion

Posted 4/12/14
The Fact that an already persecuted group needs to distinguish itself from a smaller portion of itself is always sad. HUG A WEEABOO TODAY!
1746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
I Mean weeaboo is someone obsessed with japan and their culture, some even to the point to shun their original culture and think Japanese Culture is dominant over others. Some of them pretend to be japanese and act like their japanese.
I Personally don't think that`s right. I Think it`s ridiculous people think that way. I Know people are gonna come and bash me for it. But you shouldn't try to be something you aren`t. Sure it`s cool to like Japan and their culture and want to speak their language. But don`t become a weeaboo. There`s a line between Interested in Japanese Culture and Weeaboo. Weeaboo`s shouldn`t be proud of what they are. People shouldn't try to act like something they aren`t. And when people say it's a rude word to use against people and people who use are ignorant to who they really are, I agree some people call you a weeaboo because you like anime or want to speak japanese. But I infact know a weeaboo from someone who is interested in japanese culture and like`s anime. A.K.A People who put Japanese as their language, yet they don`t know more than 2 sentences.


51832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Online
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14
The word makes me cringe when I see it, I reckon most people don't fully understand what it means and use it because they are unoriginal.
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Where you're not.
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
Most people I know online just use weeb as a general term, more like a deeper emerged non-japanese version of an otaku. Then again the word Otaku's origin means someone who only focuses their way of thought towards liking one thing, for example there are School Otaku (Rare I'd guess), Manga Otaku, Anime Otaku, Novel Otaku, Heck I'd bet there are Sex Otaku, which I'd bet be even rarer than School Otaku, because Japan is a dying country, just like the USA, England, Russia, ect... almost all first world countries have a staggering birth rate decline. Back to the point at hand weeb for most people I know is not an insult even knowing full well what it means, its just a throw around word, except for my brother, and another friend, who use the word weeb as an insult.

Though at first I did take it as an insult its not necessarily always used as one.

I do get pissed at my brother for calling me a weeb because he does it with malicious intent.

Though this is about mainly a group of people that reside on facebook. I know no-one outside of facebook that watches anime and on facebook most don't even come close to the extent I do of watching anime if at all even on facebook.
56908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Online
Posted 4/12/14
As noted in a previous topic on this same subject, weeaboo is a made-up slur from a particularly nasty corner of the Internet. Though it originally had a very specific meaning, it is now used to dismiss our entire subculture as a whole.
6098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
I just let it go over the top of my head and don't think about it.
26821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 4/13/14
A weeaboo is a person who's so obsessed with Japanese culture, that they've claim theirselves as Japanese people, even though they're actually aren't. I like Japanese culture. I like anime, I like Mangas. I also like to learn Japanese. And say some of them for the fun of it. However, I'm not Japanese. I'm fine around weeaboos really. But despite of that, I find that word non-existent.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/4/14
Probably came from one of the Chans just like everything else does...I just let it roll off Me like water on a Ducks back.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.