First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
do you want to work for Crunchyroll?
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/24/16 , edited 2/24/16

bemused_Bohemian wrote:

I worked 5 years at a facility for the mentally handicapped while working toward, oh no, another college degree about 20 years ago. Since I was doing graduate work in Psychology & Counseling someone suggested I find something work-related. One of my grad buddies said he worked at a certain place that would fall in that criteria.

Yeah, it was quite an experience. After working there 90 days I understood why the help turnover was 100% every 3 months. It helps to be 1/2 nuts yourself. As jobs went it was 1 of the most fulfilling I had encountered in my lifetime even though the pay was terrible and the clients were unpredictable.


Geez mate and here I thought volunteering to dodge bullets was a odd career choice. An insane asylum, I visited one of those once for shit and giggles ( not really was there to visit one of my section mates that had himself committed) and I wished nothing but to be out of there the minute I stepped past the entrance foyer.
98182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 2/24/16

Ranwolf wrote:


bemused_Bohemian wrote:

I worked 5 years at a facility for the mentally handicapped while working toward, oh no, another college degree about 20 years ago. Since I was doing graduate work in Psychology & Counseling someone suggested I find something work-related. One of my grad buddies said he worked at a certain place that would fall in that criteria.

Yeah, it was quite an experience. After working there 90 days I understood why the help turnover was 100% every 3 months. It helps to be 1/2 nuts yourself. As jobs went it was 1 of the most fulfilling I had encountered in my lifetime even though the pay was terrible and the clients were unpredictable.


Geez mate and here I thought volunteering to dodge bullets was a odd career choice. An insane asylum, I visited one of those once for shit and giggles ( not really was there to visit one of my section mates that had himself committed) and I wished nothing but to be out of there the minute I stepped past the entrance foyer.


I was driving a group from their client home to a facility where they did piecemeal work for extra money. The experience was supposed to help the higher functioning ones assimilate eventually into Society, get them out of the asylum environment. Anyway, one of the clients insisted he had known me since we were babies. I tried my best to suggest no, we haven't known each other that long, just 2 years (then) since date of my hire. This identity ideation went on for weeks. I guess I should've let it be but one day I decided to go along with him entertaining this delusion. He started his pallin' around with everyone else on the bus saying we were buds and all. It was then I interjected "Yeah, he and I were dropped from B-29 Bomber bomb bay doors instead of the usual delivery by storks and we bumped into each other while parachuting down to the city hospital. This is how we met."

He looked at me strangely after I said those remarks then started to scream and bang his head against the bus glass.

Never play into their illusions no matter how harmless you think it might be. Myself and the other staffer on board had to calm him down so he wouldn't harm himself. Yeah, good times....

Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16

bemused_Bohemian wrote:

I worked 5 years at a facility for the mentally handicapped while working toward, oh no, another college degree about 20 years ago. Since I was doing graduate work in Psychology & Counseling someone suggested I find something work-related. One of my grad buddies said he worked at a certain place that would fall in that criteria.

Yeah, it was quite an experience. After working there 90 days I understood why the help turnover was 100% every 3 months. It helps to be 1/2 nuts yourself. As jobs went it was 1 of the most fulfilling I had encountered in my lifetime even though the pay was terrible and the clients were unpredictable.


I am surprised that someone on cr had such a unique job, usually ppl here are in retail or something common. It's nice to hear about an uncommon job.

Kudos for lasting 5 years, if I had to work there for 90 days I'm pretty sure I would become a patient myself.
Posted 2/26/16

d4nd3lion wrote:

I really love Japanese drama and anime on Crunchyroll, and I wish that I can translate them into my language.
I don't mind about the money. It's my hobby and also help to improve my English, too.
Hope that dream can come true soon!!!


Oh good luck if you are applying to cr :D
I feel like they always need translators.
423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ov3r th3 R4in|3o\/\/
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

GayAsianBoy wrote:


d4nd3lion wrote:

I really love Japanese drama and anime on Crunchyroll, and I wish that I can translate them into my language.
I don't mind about the money. It's my hobby and also help to improve my English, too.
Hope that dream can come true soon!!!


Oh good luck if you are applying to cr :D
I feel like they always need translators.


Oh, I hope so, too, and I'm trying to ask some of the Community Mod, but they didn't reply me yet.
Hope that I can get more information about it soon.
Posted 2/26/16

d4nd3lion wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:


d4nd3lion wrote:

I really love Japanese drama and anime on Crunchyroll, and I wish that I can translate them into my language.
I don't mind about the money. It's my hobby and also help to improve my English, too.
Hope that dream can come true soon!!!


Oh good luck if you are applying to cr :D
I feel like they always need translators.


Oh, I hope so, too, and I'm trying to ask some of the Community Mod, but they didn't reply me yet.
Hope that I can get more information about it soon.


If ure looking for the job descriptions, it's at the bottom right hand corner under the heading, "crunchyroll" "about" etc
4476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
My house
Offline
Posted 3/10/16
Programming is fun and I enjoy it
Posted 3/10/16 , edited 3/10/16
No
Posted 3/10/16
how much will i get paid and what exactly the job
Posted 3/10/16
Nah, I'm not interested. I would be like...

20813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/31/16
It would be interesting but I would want to know the skills I need before hand. I'll just go with no.
5261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/31/16
No and no thank you!
287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/31/16
Yes, I would enjoy it I think.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/31/16
I wouldn't particularly want to work for CR. Unless it meant being completely in charge. Then I would change CR from a streaming site into a DVD producer and the UK would get first pick of everything
72907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 4/1/16
I'd ENJOY it, but those in their positions are doing a right FINE job. So, no. I'll leave things as they are.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.