First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
forum chatting politeness
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/15/14
I'm polite?! Preposterous!!!


But seriously, like others said, its the mods here. They wield their mighty ban-hammers and are not afraid to pound them into our skulls. We as a community are aware of this so we are very nice and enjoy a spot o' tea to make it seem like we all love each other very very much.
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

Stonewolfe wrote:
... and enjoy a spot o' tea to make it seem like we all love each other very very much.


This made me laugh. Out loud even.

81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

lorreen wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:
... and enjoy a spot o' tea to make it seem like we all love each other very very much.


This made me laugh. Out loud even.



Read it in a posh British or Boston accent. It makes it better!
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/15/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

lorreen wrote:

Stonewolfe wrote:
... and enjoy a spot o' tea to make it seem like we all love each other very very much.

This made me laugh. Out loud even.

Read it in a posh British or Boston accent. It makes it better!

I absolutely did!! I was sure you'd written it that way (in a (pseudo) posh British accent)

But to stay on topic, I will share a story. Once upon a time, before I was a mod, I snarked at another user (for making yet another SAO thread ) and reported it. The mod who addressed the report did close the thread and said I was right, but pointed out that I could have been much nicer about it. That made me feel a little embarrassed, and so I wrote an apology.

That was probably my first clue that I'd read the culture wrong, and that CR was in general a less rough-and-tumble place than I'd been accustomed to.
540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / texas
Offline
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/15/14
I think CR has a very nice community, and mature.

Though, you can't just have pros without cons.

- People always trying to correct others
- People acting like they are a moderator
- *Some* people arguing in a thread that it's in the wrong section (even though all you have to do is report it and move on.)


But other than that CR's forum community is pretty great. The other sections of the forum do need some love though.
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 4/15/14
CR is nice.

It's somewhat due to the mods, and it's somewhat due to a collective sense of maturity and respect. There's a few hiccups here and there (and a bunch of jokesters), but that's to be expected.

On the whole, I like it here.
26821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

revesur wrote:

I think CR has a very nice community, and mature.

Though, you can't just have pros without cons.

- People always trying to correct others
- People acting like they are a moderator
- *Some* people arguing in a thread that it's in the wrong section (even though all you have to do is report it and move on.)


But other than that CR's forum community is pretty great. The other sections of the forum do need some love though.


I totally agree with your statement. lol.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/15/14
Not to be elitist but I find most of the people here are, or at least act like they are smarter than average. They can insult you more tactfully... if they try.... and the general interest of CR, anime, makes people think more deeply....

Any you people buying this crap? {jk}

Actually . . . I don't think people take themselves too seriously here, most of the time. Anime, manga these are cultural art forms... based on thousands of different ideas, I like to think that makes people here are a bit more open-minded.

9897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 4/15/14
It's pretty refreshing.

17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 4/15/14
I wouldn't consider this place more mature, but it is a lot more nicer.

I can freely express myself, which I can't say the same for many other sites. I think it's because people share a general view on cr....liberal. A lot of this is also because forum moderators know their job and are actually doing it which is much appreciated, I don't mention it enough since I usually just complain and shit. I find a lot of older people here like papagolfwhiskey who debate in a very calm way, I don't see much of those type of users in other places.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/16/14

TsunLemon wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


TsunLemon wrote:

The "everyone has the same tastes" reason sounded better to me, not sure if paying for the same service accounts to much.
But yeah, if that's what you meant then agreed.

Yeah. Someone should definitely hire some mods for youtube as well, the flamewars in it are beyond terrible.


YouTube actually have a moderator team however they can't do much since YouTube is such a big service whit over a million videos and comments posted every day!


Well, I guess they just work on the most popular videos only. Don't see them anywhere in the videos I watch. Kinda understandable, but considering how rich Google should be, it wouldn't hurt them to add more mods, would it?


The thing is... YouTube is so big that it would be next to impossible to monitor every user they got!

From what I could find is that they have 200 moderators on their site called super flaggers. But yea they should have more moderators on their site!

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/youtube-super-flagger-program-of-200-users-and-groups-not-aimed-at-copyright-infringement-1201136672/

http://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-enrolls-super-flaggers-to-watch-for-offending-videos/
2044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/14 , edited 4/16/14

TsunLemon wrote:

Didn't notice that really, feels the same to me. (K, maybe better than youtube. =__=)


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:
2. People on this site share the same type of interests.


Hahaha, like that's enough to stop people from flaming each other. Still happens all the time.


true!
have you seen Playstation VS Xbox VS PC?
those retards just don't quit.
35286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 4/16/14 , edited 4/16/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


TsunLemon wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

YouTube actually have a moderator team however they can't do much since YouTube is such a big service whit over a million videos and comments posted every day!


Well, I guess they just work on the most popular videos only. Don't see them anywhere in the videos I watch. Kinda understandable, but considering how rich Google should be, it wouldn't hurt them to add more mods, would it?


The thing is... YouTube is so big that it would be next to impossible to monitor every user they got!

From what I could find is that they have 200 moderators on their site called super flaggers. But yea they should have more moderators on their site!

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/youtube-super-flagger-program-of-200-users-and-groups-not-aimed-at-copyright-infringement-1201136672/

http://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-enrolls-super-flaggers-to-watch-for-offending-videos/


That "not aimed at copyright infringement" line really made me snap for a bit. They do so well at deleting videos but can't handle some flamewars, glad they made that group, didn't know about it.
But seriously, 200 isn't anywhere near enough.
Not asking for every video's comments to be supervised, but atleast most. I seriously see flame-wars, spamming, random hate comments, and more in almost every video.


xeneria wrote:


TsunLemon wrote:

Didn't notice that really, feels the same to me. (K, maybe better than youtube. =__=)


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:
2. People on this site share the same type of interests.


Hahaha, like that's enough to stop people from flaming each other. Still happens all the time.


true!
have you seen Playstation VS Xbox VS PC?
those retards just don't quit.


Seen horrible PS vs. Xbox and (Any)console vs. PC, but there's seriously a three-way flamewars going around these 3? I feel lucky I haven't come across one yet, sounds like a huge pain just thinking of skimming through one. =__=
5992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/14 , edited 4/16/14
I stay on Crunchyroll because of its awesome community.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 4/16/14

xeneria wrote:


true!
have you seen Playstation VS Xbox VS PC?
those retards just don't quit.



Console vs Master Race is a serious discussion!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.