First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
2d > 3d relationships?
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Online
Posted 4/15/14

PanchoArr wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

I can't believe I'm doing this but I will literally answer your questions.


*how did you find out you prefer 2d? or why did you give up on real people?
When I started to have a few crushes, though I haven't given up on real people.

*why do some people prefer 2d girls?
I can't speak on behalf of everyone, but I do because A. As drawings they can have as many perfections/imperfections as the artist desires and B. They can behave in whatever way the creator wants, and could essentially make the perfect wife type of character if they wanted. Those archetypes mean they can broadly appeal to many different viewers.

*whats better about 2d than 3d?
Maybe it seems over-glorified since humans always wish they can have what they can't. Also refer to my points in the previous reply.

*view on dating-sims and eroge/ visual novels
I can't say since I've never played any.

*do your friends know or how do you go on about it with friends. also are your friends into that?
I have one friend who is and he openly admitted it conversation one time because I don't think he cared. He said he preferred it because the camera angles show what's going on better.


Thanks for helping me out with this, its really appreciated.

i liked how you mentioned archetypes. Thats another good point, there's an archetype for everyone! theres yandere/ tsundere for the masochist, theres the moe for those that seek a cute girl they could protect and care for, The strong willed protectors you see in harems for those weaker who want a big bad girl.

Also i like how you mention " humans always wish they can have what they can't." I feel that has alot to do with this topic and is a real key point. one example that came to mind is the sis-con scene. It was taboo when until (in my opinion) Oreimo made it quite famous. Also love with vampires, demons, succubi, and other unrealistic creatures happen in anime compared to the real world.


Another thing would be how people often view things differently when they happen in anime. You get lolicon and incest and the like, and that seems fine by anime standards, but in a real life situation they would be repulsed by incest and the body of a child being remotely sexualised.
Posted 4/15/14
is this survey for 2d girls only?

or can we talk about 2d gay guys?



11738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/14
So when do we get virtual 3-Ds?

Once we get virtual H-Games, will people stop reproducing?
19397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

haokun32 wrote:

Well I'm not a guy and I don't really prefer 2-D people to 3-D people...

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate from posting this but, I think it's a form of escapism.

In a world where everything is controlled by one person, it's very easy to idealize everything. Reality is hard because no matter what dreams you have, when you wake up you'll be back to living your own mundane life, and no matter what you do you cannot escape that. Girls in 2-D will always act in a certain way (eg. a tsundere will always act like one) and when one anime/manga is over, a person can always move on to the next one. The situation may be different but a character of a certain archetype will always act a certain way. There's no chance that she's gonna walk out on you since she's not real. Whereas 3-D people will come and go. There's comfort in knowing that 2-D girls will never leave you.



Thanks, I'm making my paper unbiased so there is no real right or wrong answer.

I get where you're coming from with the escapism. In real life we go through the same old boring routines, but in anime its always an adventure. We are dreamers who look for that escape.

never-changing is a good point too. Most relationships break because someone "changed." In 2d this will never happen.
19397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

is this survey for 2d girls only?

or can we talk about 2d gay guys?





anything goes. Im exploring the concept so it can be anything involving 2d vs. 3d relationships.
19397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

RedExodus wrote:

So when do we get virtual 3-Ds?

Once we get virtual H-Games, will people stop reproducing?


believe it or not that may be happening right now I've seen documentaries on YouTube about the decreasing amount of reproduction that is happening in Japan. They all seemed to point at NEETs and peoples preference to the 2d world.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/15/14



I don't hate you for your post. I actually find some truth to it.
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/15/14
*how did you find out you prefer 2d? or why did you give up on real people?

real people are ever changing; they say one thing and does another. most of them are liars, cheaters or just dishonest people without an ounce of chivalry or loyalty. What I need is a man that is consistent, chivalrous, honest and loyal.

*why do some people prefer 2d girls?

see above.

*whats better about 2d than 3d?

with 2d you can find your customized/personalized ideal. you can get them to do whatever you want... it's a satisfaction of the inner desire... it's what makes you want to be in the relationship in the first place.

real people might make you do stuff you don't want to do. or deny you stuff... like hugs or sex...

*view on dating-sims and eroge/ visual novels

a good pasttime hobby.

52885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

PanchoArr wrote:


RedExodus wrote:

So when do we get virtual 3-Ds?

Once we get virtual H-Games, will people stop reproducing?


believe it or not that may be happening right now I've seen documentaries on YouTube about the decreasing amount of reproduction that is happening in Japan. They all seemed to point at NEETs and peoples preference to the 2d world.


Ehhhh, that somewhat sounds like a decent thing...Man Made Nature taking its course to reduce the current over population we have, death rates are too low with all this fancy medicine and better care we have now xD.
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/14
I'll answer a few questions since I prefer 3d

*whats better about 2d than 3d?
2d girls are perfect with no flaws, most of the time having a perfect personality that guys look for in a girl. If you compare them to real people 2d clearly wins. 2d girls look like they have no body hair while real girls have to shave every few day. Body odor is something you can't smell from 2d girls.

*view on dating-sims and eroge/ visual novels
Though I've never played any of these games,dating-sims and eroge/visual novels are games just like Call of Duty, Super Mario, and Candycrush. They're just another form of entertainment that is not a mainstream game genre.
19260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/17/14
I'd rather not answer this one in detail. Too painful.

Posted 4/15/14

haokun32 wrote:

Well I'm not a guy and I don't really prefer 2-D people to 3-D people...

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate from posting this but, I think it's a form of escapism.

In a world where everything is controlled by one person, it's very easy to idealize everything. Reality is hard because no matter what dreams you have, when you wake up you'll be back to living your own mundane life, and no matter what you do you cannot escape that. Girls in 2-D will always act in a certain way (eg. a tsundere will always act like one) and when one anime/manga is over, a person can always move on to the next one. The situation may be different but a character of a certain archetype will always act a certain way. There's no chance that she's gonna walk out on you since she's not real. Whereas 3-D people will come and go. There's comfort in knowing that 2-D girls will never leave you.



I don't prefer 2d over 3d so I don't think I can contribute too much to this thread but....

I do think you have a good point. I can certainly see the appeal of a 2d character in that way. Divorce rates continue to increase and so the chance you are with someone who it won't work out with is higher. Real life relationships are complicated and can cause a lot of stress while a 2d one is just all in your mind. You create whatever stress there might be and can walk away and come back to it freely.
19397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:

I'll answer a few questions since I prefer 3d

*whats better about 2d than 3d?
2d girls are perfect with no flaws, most of the time having a perfect personality that guys look for in a girl. If you compare them to real people 2d clearly wins. 2d girls look like they have no body hair while real girls have to shave every few day. Body odor is something you can't smell from 2d girls.

*view on dating-sims and eroge/ visual novels
Though I've never played any of these games,dating-sims and eroge/visual novels are games just like Call of Duty, Super Mario, and Candycrush. They're just another form of entertainment that is not a mainstream game genre.


i tottaly for got about this> "2d girls look like they have no body hair while real girls have to shave every few day. Body odor is something you can't smell from 2d girls." Its just part of being human! 2d dont have to worry about human things. Theres probably no dialogue line in any visual novel that says "is that a mustache I see?" or "did you forget your deodorant today? something smells."
35286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 4/15/14

PanchoArr wrote:

Hi everyone! I'm writing a paper for my Class about love. I didn't want to write the same old boring concept so I decided to explore the concept of "virtual love." I want to know why some people here prefer the girls in anime/manga, movies, or tv shows over the "real deal." No one is here to judge, I just want real data and opinions to write a non-biased essay about this topic. The questions I'm looking to explore are:

*how did you find out you prefer 2d? or why did you give up on real people?

*why do some people prefer 2d girls?

*whats better about 2d than 3d?

*view on dating-sims and eroge/ visual novels

*do your friends know or how do you go on about it with friends. also are your friends into that?

* I'll be coming up with more questions as my creative juices get flowing

I want to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts about this subject.

If you come up with other questions feel free to ask them


1- For one, I had never felt an inch of love for a real person, they were as pointless, or even more than, as background characters to me.
While for cute Anime girls their slightest smile makes happier than anything else. Their slightest frown makes me sadder than almost anything else. Their deaths crush my heart to tiny bits, while I never cry when a real person dies. Basically, their emotions actually affect the cold-hearted person that is I.

2- For me, simply because they actually look cute, can't say much more sadly. Do you need a reason to prefer something?
Personality wise, can't say much since it's not like I've met every person in the world, but the personalities of moe Anime girls are way better than that of the gross people around me IRL.

3- isn't this the same question as above?

4- I play them, I love them. It's fun to choose what path the MC will lead and getting to be with the girl you love the most in them. Is a nice escape from the cruel reality.
Need some more Yuri in them tho.

5- I only have 1 remaining IRL friend, and yes, he knows. He says he does as well but I'm not sure.
As for my family, I'm sure they know, considering I have figures, posters, and the like. Plus am always looking at them on my PC, while I never did such things for real girls.
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/14 , edited 4/15/14
Also, some of the voices for anime characters don't seem real
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.