First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Do You Still Play Offline?
13945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/21/14
I've been playing online since a game called Meridian 59, but lately I don't bother any more. Someone above me mentioned the drama, etc, and that's pretty much why I don't. When I play, it's for enjoyment, and I don't have the patience any more to deal with small minds. There are a few online games I still randomly play, mostly F2P stuff like Aura Kingdom. Even when I do jump online, I don't socialize, it's just to burn an hour or two...

Do games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon ANB count? They're mostly single-player with some multi-player options thrown in for good measure. Don't do AC:NL anymore; most of the people I met on the island tend to be griefers, but I have some personal friends who get together every now and then.

18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 4/21/14

yngvarr wrote:

Do games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon ANB count? They're mostly single-player with some multi-player options thrown in for good measure. Don't do AC:NL anymore; most of the people I met on the island tend to be griefers, but I have some personal friends who get together every now and then.



I tried playing Animal Crossing, on my phone with a GBA advance emulator.
I was like, "meh. Fishing is much more fun in real life." And it is.
You get a typical bait and you don't know if you're going to reel in a big haul or not.
I fish on a bridge. Caught two big ones.

However, sometimes real fishing gets into you. You try not to think about the stench or the reek feeling from catching a fish.

In Zelda's Ocarina of Time for N64, fishing in that game is actually fun. Just don't forget to add a Rumble Pak on the controller to simulate the feel of fishing.
cosham 
17063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 4/21/14
I normally complete the offline story mode, then I play the online mode on my ps3 and4.
56932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 4/21/14
Most of the games I play are offline on account of being single-player JRPGs, but I do enjoy certain types of online multiplayer (e.g. Mario Kart 7 and Tekken Revolution), and I find myself getting DLC for several games (e.g. Dynasty Warriors 8).
21580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Reston, Virginia
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
Most of the games I play are single player games, mainly JRPGs. I did go through a dark period of being addicted to WoW and WoW was my biggest dip into online play. I did have some fun playing racing games online, but I don't play them that often.

I will buy and download games online. I've got really good Internet service at home, so it doesn't take too long to download a game. Plus, there are lots of fun, inexpensive games that can only be downloaded, not bought in a store.
22184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Wild West, North...
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
I don't play a lot of online multiplayer games, and I quit WoW almost 2 years ago.

I hop on Street Fighter online every now and then, but the majority of the games I play are either JRPG's or single-player action/adventure games. So yeah, since I am an old and old-school gamer, I play a lot of my games offline.
17166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
I mostly play offline games. I can do things at my own pace and not have to worry about anyone else. I like local multiplayer because I can talk to someone face to face as opposed to typing or yakking into a headset over ventrilo or whatever it is the kids use these days. That said, I do enjoy myself some Hearthstone, Diablo (let's just say Blizzard games), and Counter-Strike.
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/24/14 , edited 4/24/14
Hardly. I usually have the computer figured out quickly, even on hard/very hard settings. This really takes the variety and depth out of my two most played genres -- sports and fighting.

That said, there's some offline games I do play like platformers/3rd person action stuff (Mario, Red Dead Redemption, Runner 2, Sleeping Dogs etc). But I spend the most time and have the most fun playing someone else.
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 4/25/14
I've been mostly a loner gamer through & through. I gave up multiplayer cos people ditched the games who couldn't face the truth they got OWNED by the one they insulted with every cruel name under the sun. Then there was lag with campaign related team ups, then achievements that relied on multiplayer.

Then xbox where you have to be online to use your stuff, that was final straw. I can't keep forking out £40+ every year when i dont get full value from other gamers or get time for multiplayer. I prefer ps4 where you don't have to be on their thing to enjoy the stuff you've bought.
3731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / イブキド
Offline
Posted 4/26/14
Yes, but I also play online often.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 4/26/14

DalekCaan wrote:

I've been mostly a loner gamer through & through. I gave up multiplayer cos people ditched the games who couldn't face the truth they got OWNED by the one they insulted with every cruel name under the sun. Then there was lag with campaign related team ups, then achievements that relied on multiplayer.


I don't like when I'm just minding my own business then my brother asks me to play with him. Since I'm fairly new to the games he wants to play with me, it's fair that I should be entitled to at least practice or know the mechanics of the game, right? Nope. My brother is a bully. He just straights up beating me on the games and even unleashing heavy chain combos to boot. I couldn't even move my character and it's maddening to just see my character just drop dead on the ground at the end.

3119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/14
Only game I play offline mode is when I don't want to be bothered bu other players is the souls series of games in areas like the forest, guess I might have to that too with watch dogs. . I try to share fairly when playing border lands.
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 4/27/14

onibrotonel wrote:


DalekCaan wrote:

I've been mostly a loner gamer through & through. I gave up multiplayer cos people ditched the games who couldn't face the truth they got OWNED by the one they insulted with every cruel name under the sun. Then there was lag with campaign related team ups, then achievements that relied on multiplayer.


I don't like when I'm just minding my own business then my brother asks me to play with him. Since I'm fairly new to the games he wants to play with me, it's fair that I should be entitled to at least practice or know the mechanics of the game, right? Nope. My brother is a bully. He just straights up beating me on the games and even unleashing heavy chain combos to boot. I couldn't even move my character and it's maddening to just see my character just drop dead on the ground at the end.



Sounds like a grade A jerkward, those sort of gamers have no chance of actually beating someone on equal terms. My older bro used to do it for pokemon, cos he got all three starters from trades in his squads. Thus they levelled much faster than my squad. Got the drop on him though with my gold squad, there was a 20lv difference yet i still beat him against all odds, he never could beat that squad.

I ultimately got to stop him when we battled and my squad was lv 80 to his lv 40. Fitting cos he soon fought on even terms after that.

Hopefully you can get to try the games before your bro challenges you. Might give you the upper hand soon.
604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Wales
Offline
Posted 4/28/14
I always play online, however not my games. I use the online features to chat with my friends and occasionally play online games, however the majority of games I own are strictly single player games (such as Skyrim and other games).
So in a sense yes I play offline but I constantly use the online features. I also still play my PS2 which has no online features so when I use that I'm 100% offline.
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
My playtime for the last COD game i played was like 6days 14hours before i even started the single player mode........ enough said lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.