First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Best games for PS Vita
7297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / McKinney, TX
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
I know I said in my last post that it isn't that expensive, but it does kinda get expensive.. Vita, PSN+, you'll definitely need a memory card because those fill up quick and unless you can use a non sony brand they get super expensive, not to mention the data costs if you get one that you'd use the 3g on, all of that and you still don't have a game lol. that's the only thing that would keep me from buying a vita, I really want one, but they get way expensive.
23184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Wild West, North...
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
You don't need 3G; the WiFi you have at home is just fine.

And yeah, owning a Vita is quite expensive... you'll need at least $300 just for the hardware ($199 console + $79 32GB proprietary memory card). Even worse if you don't own a PSN account and any PSP/Classic games.

Although, to be completely fair, the price of a 3DSXL isn't that far off from the Vita (3DS is $189, Vita is $199). The biggest difference, of course, is that a 3DSXL SD memory card is $20... which is a quarter of the price of a Vita card. However, games cost the same on both consoles ($40 for most games). Factor in the fact that PS+ gives you at least 1 free game a month (Vita currently has 9 free games), and you'll see very quickly that the Vita, in terms of raw dollars, matches 3DSXL costs fairly reasonably. But yes, the fact of the matter is, both these consoles are expensive, and you're looking at spending at least $500 per console in order to be able to enjoy them...
7297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / McKinney, TX
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
Someone actually gave me a code for a playstation plus membership today but I can't exactly redeem it without a console. I dunno why, they just bought it for me, I was at my gaming store with a friend talking with the employees and I brought up the vita, we started talking about everything and it was recommended that I buy a ps4 first.. One thing led to another and she bought the plus membership for me. So I guess that's taken care of but do I really need to buy a ps4 first? >.>
23184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Wild West, North...
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
No, you don't need a PS4, but you do need a PSN account. You need to go on the PSN store (on PC or any Sony console) to claim the code though. If you have a PS3, you can claim it over the PSN there as well.

You can claim it here:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

7297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / McKinney, TX
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
When I try to claim it on the website it says it can't be claimed on pc :/ Maybe my account is too new? That might be the problem, It's activated and fully completed but I still can't redeem the code. I know the card was paid for and activated though because I was right there so that can't be the problem.
26833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/23/14
I was a Nintendo fan for over 20 years but the Vita is an amazing machine. I would recommend to anyone.
23184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Wild West, North...
Offline
Posted 4/24/14

trainerlynx wrote:

When I try to claim it on the website it says it can't be claimed on pc :/ Maybe my account is too new? That might be the problem, It's activated and fully completed but I still can't redeem the code. I know the card was paid for and activated though because I was right there so that can't be the problem.


Ah, then you might actually have to get it over a PS console. It doesn't have to be a PS4; it can be PS3 or Vita as well.
7297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / McKinney, TX
Offline
Posted 4/24/14

xKeiyax wrote:


trainerlynx wrote:

When I try to claim it on the website it says it can't be claimed on pc :/ Maybe my account is too new? That might be the problem, It's activated and fully completed but I still can't redeem the code. I know the card was paid for and activated though because I was right there so that can't be the problem.


Ah, then you might actually have to get it over a PS console. It doesn't have to be a PS4; it can be PS3 or Vita as well.


I know t can be a different PS console but at the moment I don't have one lol.
14063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
I have had a vita for a while now, and i have to say i love it. If your an RPG fan then you must play persona 4 golden on the vita.. top notch.
Also i got gravity rush with my vita, and i really enjoyed it. There are many more games out/ coming out now that i want to play for it as well!

Now that the ps4 is out i am sure we will see many more games for the vita coming out!
39387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
I have a ps vita but I only have two games for it at the moment, Uncharted and Assassin's Creed, so far I am really enjoying it.
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
Just can't get one on top of moving, and maybe a Wii U. Even with handheld cash I'd probably go 3DS. Besides last year's baseball, Virtua Tennis 4, the smash bros rip-off, and SFxTekken, I don't know how many titles I'd be going after. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
28068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / California
Offline
Posted 4/25/14
The Vita can appeal if your a big fan of hardcore JRPG's such as Persona 4 Golden, DIsgaea or other titles from NIS, Atlus, Xseed ormalso you want portable versions of some games that are also in the PS3
16931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/25/14 , edited 4/25/14
Yea, i am a big fan of JRPG as long as it is not those grind-movement type then i pretty much like all jRPG like Persona series

Anyone want to make a recommendation list for me to play ? Thinking to buy it this weekend.

Currently thinking of buying P4:Golden, Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita titles, and that Conception 2. Any more suggestion for jRPG ? Action adventure works too
23184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Wild West, North...
Offline
Posted 4/25/14

Steffiekun wrote:

Yea, i am a big fan of JRPG as long as it is not those grind-movement type then i pretty much like all jRPG like Persona series

Anyone want to make a recommendation list for me to play ? Thinking to buy it this weekend.

Currently thinking of buying P4:Golden, Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita titles, and that Conception 2. Any more suggestion for jRPG ? Action adventure works too


What do you mean by "grind-movement"?

As for JRPG's, try picking up Ys: Memory of Celceta. It's an action JRPG that plays a lot like Star Ocean/Tales, but the monsters are on the map instead of a separate encounter screen. The story is kind of ehh, but the gameplay is nothing short of stellar.

There's also the recently-released Deception IV, which is half an RPG and half a trap/strategy game.

Moreover, instead of picking up the Neptunia series, pick up the Atelier games instead. They're a lot more fun, and personally, the artwork's a lot better.

If you haven't played Final Fantasy X, you should definitely pick up the Vita version.

Finally, do not forget that the Vita is also home to PSP games and PS1 Classics. You can play a ton of great PSP JRPG's on the Vita, such as Valkyria Chronicles 2, Persona 3, and Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Finally, if you didn't own a PS1, and wonder why it was such an amazing machine for JRPG's, you can now play not only perennial favorites such as Final Fantasy Tactics/VII/VIII/IX and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but you can also play hidden cult games like Xenogears, Tomba, and Chrono Cross.

Pretty much if you like JRPG's, indies and niche games, the Vita's the perfect machine.
16931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/25/14

xKeiyax wrote:


Steffiekun wrote:

Yea, i am a big fan of JRPG as long as it is not those grind-movement type then i pretty much like all jRPG like Persona series

Anyone want to make a recommendation list for me to play ? Thinking to buy it this weekend.

Currently thinking of buying P4:Golden, Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita titles, and that Conception 2. Any more suggestion for jRPG ? Action adventure works too


What do you mean by "grind-movement"?


My bad i meant Grid, sort of like Final Fantasy Tactics or Agarest Generation of War.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.