Anime Posters
6008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Gold Coast, Queen...
Offline
Posted 4/18/14
Anyone got some websites they could suggest? I can't seem to find any that don't have only a few posters themed on a few animes.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 4/18/14
Try deviantart
22267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/18/14
As in posters for your wall?
In that case check out eBay, Amazon or AllPosters.com.au
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 4/18/14
I less than pixiv.net/
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 4/18/14
Woah I just checked some of the websites... why the fuck would you pay over 20 dollars for a poster?
Kusa89 
11383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/14 , edited 4/18/14
Make your own.
Buy some clipframes and use some poster software.(i think rasterbator is one)
Well it is not really a poster, but it also looks good if hung up with a small gap between each frame.
.
zirito 
21712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/18/14 , edited 4/18/14

Baka-God wrote:
why the fuck would you pay over 20 dollars for a poster?


Quality and usually necessity.


I once knew a small poor cafe that had to pay over $100 for a poster that displayed their menu. The shop that made the poster seemed like a small business themselves.

So imagine running a business related to anime (a shop, a convention, whatever else). They will also need expensive posters.

Even the $5 posters are usually not laminated and they'll tear easy especially if a crease is made which often happens.


I've done some shopping for posters myself, and had some gifted to me. I even asked Gamestop if they sell any, but instead they GAVE me an Assassin's creed poster they were ready to throw out. What if it's made out of cardboard? Is that still called a poster? It fits great on my wall and it's definitely worth more than something cheap and flimsy.

To me, $20 is a solid price for a good poster if it's great quality especially if it's custom-made.

I have/had "official" movie posters made out of canvas-like material so strong I've used the backside as an ashtray without burning the front. THOSE are definitely worth over $20.



I'm only telling you PRACTICAL uses for posters.

Hobbyist-type collectors are a lot worse. I can't really tell you why a collector will waste money- they just like to collect? Or maybe an investment for when the collection is worth more.
One Punch Mod
85975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/18/14 , edited 4/18/14

PureMaiden wrote:

Anyone got some websites they could suggest? I can't seem to find any that don't have only a few posters themed on a few animes.


Hi, I"m closing this because it's a personal thread and thus against CR's site rules. However, if you're still in need of suggestions there are two threads especially for this sort of question, so you can post your question there (please choose one--don't post in both):

The Anime Help Thread
The General Help/Advice Thread
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 4/19/14

lorreen wrote:


PureMaiden wrote:

Anyone got some websites they could suggest? I can't seem to find any that don't have only a few posters themed on a few animes.


Hi, I"m closing this because it's a personal thread and thus against CR's site rules. However, if you're still in need of suggestions there are two threads especially for this sort of question, so you can post your question there (please choose one--don't post in both):

The Anime Help Thread
The General Help/Advice Thread


I think you forgot to lock the thread!
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
Pixiv and danbooru are some great picture sites.
One Punch Mod
85975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/19/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


lorreen wrote:


PureMaiden wrote:

Anyone got some websites they could suggest? I can't seem to find any that don't have only a few posters themed on a few animes.


Hi, I"m closing this because it's a personal thread and thus against CR's site rules. However, if you're still in need of suggestions there are two threads especially for this sort of question, so you can post your question there (please choose one--don't post in both):

The Anime Help Thread
The General Help/Advice Thread


I think you forgot to lock the thread!


I did! Fixed now.
You must be logged in to post.