First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is God real?
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
Religion is the earliest attempt at science and a crapshot explanation for how the world is the way it is.
But now we research things more thoroughly and use more tentative words.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 4/19/14

Cellory wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:
I have faith that god does not exist.


That is not faith. That is a belief.

Faith assumes the existence of something. You cannot have faith in something that you know does not exist. You can, however, believe something does not exist.

So really, one cannot have faith in something you know does not exist. Proof denies faith. By denying the existence of God you are denying faith by definition.

I applaud your belief and wish you well in it. But it is not faith.

Unless you want to call Atheism a religion. Which I have no issues with. In which case one can have faith in the tenets of that religion which is primarily the non-existence of a God. But to do so you are still involved in a religion. So I really do not know what one has gained.
So how does religious people get away saying they have faith in god? I'm pretty sure they "know" god is real :\
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
i believe and have faith in god

long ago before the Hebrews someone figured that everything in existance had to be created by cause and effect, he saw a flaw, what started this cause and effect? well the answer is simple, something that was not created or born had to be present in the worlds creation, something that had no physical description, no mother or manufacture just something that "is" a never ending existence had to have created our world. and Christians believed that this entity that only is and always will be created this world out of love, it is the love of sharing life that brought us to be, to live with this entity known as god.

now some of you think that something like the big bang created this universe, but i must ask what caused the big bang? a couple molecules? where did they come from?

some of you think that this entity never attempted to communicate with us, i must say you are wrong. if you studied religion at all there is something called the holy trinity , the father,the sun, and the holy spirit . the father meaning the creator of the universe, the son meaning Jesus who taught the ways of god and the holy spirit who is everywhere and always will be with you. this trinity makes the entity that created this universe ,god. and Jesus once said that one day he will return when that is nobody knows but i suspect he will return when his creations only think of him as a myth like the story of Nohas Arc.

i think this makes it obvious that you cant acquire physical evidence that god exists, because his very being just "is", the highest of spirituality that science can not touch and never will, because science requires something you can see and touch to prove it exists and that is extremely limiting. scientists cant prove we have a soul but we know its there how? we just do, it just "is" , we know that without a soul we wont be able to think on our own, we would just be a bunch of walking bags of flesh.

that is as much as i know for now
3440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
None of us knows whether or not God actually exists, but I don't believe in him.
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
IF YOU DIE

AND YOU ARE BURNING

YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWER
Posted 4/19/14
No. A definite no.

Call me disrespectful, but that's like believing a Pink INvisible unicorn exists because I said so. Just because someone from 2.1 millennia said something existed doesn't make it "true" or worthy of contemplating its existence... You have to prove it exists first to be able to claim it exists. Any other points are invalid; such as... humans are proof of a god... wtf? or there are so many things in the universe we haven't discovered therefore a god "might" exist...

Just because there are so many things in the universe we haven't discovered, doesn't mean "god" is one of them. Otherwise we'll have to say Pink Invisible Unicorn is a possibility too... and we should have Churches of Pink Invisible Unicorns.

And how convenient is it... a god that has never made any appearance or talk to its creation... demands blind faith and worship... -_- *roll eyes*



16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

And how convenient is it... a god that has never made any appearance or talk to its creation... demands blind faith and worship... -_- *roll eyes*





he has, the name is Jesus, if you reed my post it before
Posted 4/19/14

michaeldeska wrote:

he has, the name is Jesus, if you reed my post it before


No he hasn't. Any account of god interacting with humans were heresy, or a select group of individuals claiming to have talked with god... you can find those videos on youtube.

It's illogical to expect people to believe those old men from over 2 millennia ago or expecting people to believe certain individuals can talk to god, but not everyone can.
Posted 4/19/14

Gyava wrote:

IF YOU DIE

AND YOU ARE BURNING

YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWER


I laughed so much at this XD
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:

he has, the name is Jesus, if you reed my post it before


No he hasn't. Any account of god interacting with humans were heresy, or a select group of individuals claiming to have talked with god... you can find those videos on youtube.

It's illogical to expect people to believe those old men from over 2 millennia ago or expecting people to believe certain individuals can talk to god, but not everyone can.


o my god dude jesus is god, when he became mortal and walked amongst men he taught the way of god, if you read my post.



It's illogical to expect people to believe those old men from over 2 millennia ago or expecting people to believe certain individuals can talk to god, but not everyone can.


if thats the case then it would be illogical to believe the ideas of science and humanism develuped by "old men" 500-600 years ago, and it would be illogical to follow the natural law of the strongest survive the weak die which has been around forever. and some people can see and or hear things others cant, yeah some are crazy but some arnt.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
I won't be surprised if we get some sort of argument here soon...fair warning to those who are very sensitive.
Posted 4/19/14

michaeldeska wrote:

o my god dude jesus is god, when he became mortal and walked amongst men he taught the way of god, if you read my post.


It's illogical to expect people to believe those old men from over 2 millennia ago or expecting people to believe certain individuals can talk to god, but not everyone can.


if thats the case then it would be illogical to believe the ideas of science and humanism develuped by "old men" 500-600 years ago, and it would be illogical to follow the natural law of the strongest survive the weak die which has been around forever. and some people can see and or hear things others cant, yeah some are crazy but some arnt.


I know Jesus is god, that's what people claimed and believe in... doesn't mean it's true.

The difference between science and religion is very clear.

Science laws and theories can be repeated and proven and are used in practical daily life... you know trigonometry is true because buildings won't collapse, or escape velocity formula because rockets can get out of the Earth.

Religious claims, on the other hand, cannot be repeated or proven.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 4/19/14

Gyava wrote:

IF YOU DIE

AND YOU ARE BURNING

YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWER


Even if we assume that the christian god, Yahweh is real... even then, the concept of hell STILL makes no sense.
You need to think your beliefs through properly before you hold them...
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/14


read this
http://www.bethinking.org/does-science-disprove-god/has-science-disproved-religion
Posted 4/19/14

michaeldeska wrote:



read this
http://www.bethinking.org/does-science-disprove-god/has-science-disproved-religion


you need to stop reading sites with hidden agenda and propaganda such as that one.


Firstly, I don't know any scientists who claim, "All dogs have four legs"... we all know there are genetic mutations that can cause dogs to be born with 3 or even 5 legs. Just like not all humans are born with 23 pairs of chromosome.

Secondly, the only absolute in science is known as a "law", which is mostly found in physics and mathematics, not in Biological science.
Such as Newton's Law of motion, which can be applied anywhere in the universe.


And even then, scientists have admitted/speculated that the law of physics might not apply to objects like a Black Hole.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.