First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Questions
Member
43662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/18/14
You can delete this if you don't want my name on it, but I thought this should perhaps be kept separate.

What is this checkbox for? If I uncheck it, it just comes back the next time I go into the thread. And unchecking a watched thread doesn't seem to un-watch it, so this seems sort of superfluous.

One Punch Mod
Member
85933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/18/14

asharka wrote:

You can delete this if you don't want my name on it, but I thought this should perhaps be kept separate.

What is this checkbox for? If I uncheck it, it just comes back the next time I go into the thread. And unchecking a watched thread doesn't seem to un-watch it, so this seems sort of superfluous.



I've been wondering too!
Otter Modder
Creator
42360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/19/14
I don't mind posting, that is what this group is for. As for the checkbox, when you are watching a thread, if there is a new post while you have it open and that box is checked, then that post is added to the bottom of the page. If there is more than one new post then they get added in the order they were posted.

I plan on replacing the paginator setup that the forums have now with some sort of ajax solution, when I do this feature will properly add the post to the end of the thread and have some kind of indicator that there is a new post in the case that you aren't reading the end of the thread. For now, it just adds the post regardless of what page you are on, so I will leave the checkbox there in case you want to turn it off while reading the thread.
One Punch Mod
Member
85933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/3/14

beardfist wrote:

I plan on replacing the paginator setup that the forums have now with some sort of ajax solution, when I do this feature will properly add the post to the end of the thread and have some kind of indicator that there is a new post in the case that you aren't reading the end of the thread. For now, it just adds the post regardless of what page you are on, so I will leave the checkbox there in case you want to turn it off while reading the thread.


Thanks for the explanation!

TBH, I hate having new posts displayed on the current page if it's not actually the last page of the thread. It's caused me confusion on more than one occasion (I just never knew what was causing it . What I would really love is to have a general option to have the feature unchecked, rather than having to uncheck it on a thread-by-thread basis.

Otter Modder
Creator
42360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
Sure, I can add that. It was on my to-do list anyway. It might take me a little bit, so I just made it so that it is only turned on for the last page of a thread. That should make it a little better until I add the option.
One Punch Mod
Member
85933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/3/14

beardfist wrote:

Sure, I can add that. It was on my to-do list anyway. It might take me a little bit, so I just made it so that it is only turned on for the last page of a thread. That should make it a little better until I add the option.


Excellent! (Many thanks.)
Member
43662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/25/14

beardfist wrote:
1.8.10.0
  • Added an option to mark videos as watched for real.
    • Clicking the Mark Watched/Unwatched button on each series page will fill/empty orange bars while the checkmarks work the same as before
    • This is only when the option on the options page is enabled
Man, I totally missed this until I was just now cleaning out my threads in the options page, then saw it and thought, oh, that's new...

Any way to avoid the unearned ice-cream cone (or ramen bowl if Drama) every time you use it on a complete series though? I feel a little uneasy if I answer someone on how to reset their watched vids at the show level, knowing they will get those achievements for doing it...
Otter Modder
Creator
42360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 5/25/14
Unfortunately no, as far as the server knows, you are actually watching all of those episodes so it will always award the achievement. Since that is handled server side, there is nothing I can do to prevent it.
Member
11410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 6/12/14 , edited 6/12/14
can you make this extension for firefox please?
Otter Modder
Creator
42360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/16/14
I might eventually, but I would be surprised if I had a working one any time soon.
Member
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/16/14

Yuri224 wrote:

can you make this extension for firefox please?


I second that
Member
43662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/17/14
If you only knew the power of the Dark Side...
Otter Modder
Creator
42360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/17/14
From what I have seen so far, the Firefox Addon api is really annoying and not at all well put together. I have no idea why people would rather use firefox over chrome, especially after seeing this, but I'll start working on converting the main features now. It will probably take me a couple weeks.
Member
43662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/17/14

beardfist wrote:From what I have seen so far, the Firefox Addon api is really annoying and not at all well put together. I have no idea why people would rather use firefox over chrome, especially after seeing this, but I'll start working on converting the main features now. It will probably take me a couple weeks.
Yeah, after using Chrome (and all because of this extension), I deleted Firefox from my PC entirely; it just had all kinds of weird behavior and stalls that were driving me crazy. My comment was more on the side of inviting the FF users to "try it, you'll like it" kind of thing, knowing that community regards Chrome badly (for reasons incomprehensible to me...)
Member
11410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 6/19/14

beardfist wrote:

From what I have seen so far, the Firefox Addon api is really annoying and not at all well put together. I have no idea why people would rather use firefox over chrome, especially after seeing this, but I'll start working on converting the main features now. It will probably take me a couple weeks.


Oh I see, thanks.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.