First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Thirst for Violence
cosham 
17063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 4/20/14 , edited 4/20/14
Would not be unhappy if I never, was involved in a fight again. Dislike violence intensely, however if I have no recourse other than to be violent, then I am capable of being violent. My wife doesn't like it as she knows if the red mist descends on me, I tend to hurt people.
A parting piece of advice to the younger posters who seem to believe that violence, will aid them vastly in life.
There is always someone harder, faster and downright nastier than you, and if you meet them you may not get the chance to regret it.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 4/20/14

DarkAnimeFreak wrote:

Well the thirst is in violent video games, too.


I'm not even directly violent in games.
I try to bleed out my enemies resources or give them a friendly pat on the back with a tazer.
GerryO 
19624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Tyler, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/20/14 , edited 4/20/14
I'm not going to lie, I like to fight it's just an incredible rush of adrenaline.
Now I'm in college right now and haven't gotten in a fight in awhile, but back in my middle-school and early high-school days I got into quite a few fights. I only won maybe 1/3rd of my fights but they were damn fun and some of the people I fought ended up becoming friends of sorts with me

Recently I've taken up MMA lessons to get some actually skills and not just fall back on my usually tactic of swinging wildly, headbutting, and cheap-shots
Posted 4/20/14

cosham wrote:
A parting piece of advice to the younger posters who seem to believe that violence, will aid them vastly in life.
There is always someone harder, faster and downright nastier than you, and if you meet them you may not get the chance to regret it.


There's also the whole thing of carrying a black mark of assault or worse the rest of your life.
Posted 4/20/14

14383421 wrote:
A parting piece of advice to the younger posters who seem to believe that violence, will aid them vastly in life.
There is always someone harder, faster and downright nastier than you, and if you meet them you may not get the chance to regret it.



Not gonna regret if you fight dirty
GerryO 
19624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Tyler, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/20/14

Sychop wrote:


14383421 wrote:
A parting piece of advice to the younger posters who seem to believe that violence, will aid them vastly in life.
There is always someone harder, faster and downright nastier than you, and if you meet them you may not get the chance to regret it.



Not gonna regret if you fight dirty


True in a real fight there's no room for manners or honor. Only thing that matters is you winning and keeping you own harm to minimum, how you go about beating your opponent doesn't really matter
Posted 4/20/14
Ya'll messed up the quote. It wasn't me! I am not cosham!
Posted 4/20/14 , edited 4/20/14
lol but you are of the same opinion ^

v it's boring i know. I do however tend to hold grudges just to exercise them later on
Posted 4/20/14
I guess I do hold his. I am one to know to retreat, announce and what comes after.. I disliked violence ever since knowing size and build didn't really matter.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/20/14

cosham wrote:

Would not be unhappy if I never, was involved in a fight again. Dislike violence intensely, however if I have no recourse other than to be violent, then I am capable of being violent. My wife doesn't like it as she knows if the red mist descends on me, I tend to hurt people.
A parting piece of advice to the younger posters who seem to believe that violence, will aid them vastly in life.
There is always someone harder, faster and downright nastier than you, and if you meet them you may not get the chance to regret it.


I do hope so. Wouldn't be fun if I couldn't lose.
5107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Midwestern United...
Offline
Posted 4/20/14

GerryO wrote:


Sychop wrote:


14383421 wrote:
A parting piece of advice to the younger posters who seem to believe that violence, will aid them vastly in life.
There is always someone harder, faster and downright nastier than you, and if you meet them you may not get the chance to regret it.



Not gonna regret if you fight dirty


True in a real fight there's no room for manners or honor. Only thing that matters is you winning and keeping you own harm to minimum, how you go about beating your opponent doesn't really matter


Except we aren't talking about "real fights", are we?

If someone breaks into your home and is threatening your loved ones with a tortured and violent demise, you do whatever you can to save them.

If you just love the rush of combat and/or demonstrating yourself as superior (through fighting) to your opponent... congrats I think you just auto-failed. "Anything goes in a street fight!" only applies to a true street fight about survival and not (for example) a street fight where you're still in harm's way, but you put yourself there to win a purse, get a thrill, etc. You go find some people organizing a fight for money, even a fight to the death, and their will still be rules (granted they are usually about keeping the fight "relatively" fair and making sure it doesn't end too soon).

Still, try some legal examples; pretty sure MMA competitions will not let you carry a pistol, knife, grenade... pretty much any weapon is out. Even brass knuckles or sap gloves, designed for otherwise unarmed combat, aren't allowed.

Anyway, I enjoy violence but at the same time it chills me, and I enjoy less and less "graphic" of violence the older I get. I believe this is from finally beginning to empathize with people; I can still enjoy a comical cartoon that contains non-gory, unrealistic violence. I can still get satisfaction even when a series has realistic violence directed towards characters (deserving or not) so long as it furthers the story. To my surprise though, things like Mortal Kombat got a whole lot less fun as the graphics improved, because even the over-the-top violence stopped being so cartoon-y.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 4/20/14 , edited 4/20/14

Phersu wrote:

I'm going to speak for a moment about myself, and I'm curious if any of you have felt similar.

You see, I'm a relatively mellow sort of guy. I don't really like fights, but I love to be in one. When I'm fighting, or sparring, I freaking love it. The rush, the excitement, the feeling. The anticipation that comes with knowing that you are about to visit violence upon someone else, and they you.

So, who else loves the feeling when you fight?


Would you feel the same thing when you're getting dominated and overpowered?

Even a professional mma fighter cowers in pain when hit at the right place.
Posted 4/20/14

KamisamanoOtaku wrote:


GerryO wrote:


Sychop wrote:


14383421 wrote:
A parting piece of advice to the younger posters who seem to believe that violence, will aid them vastly in life.
There is always someone harder, faster and downright nastier than you, and if you meet them you may not get the chance to regret it.



Not gonna regret if you fight dirty


True in a real fight there's no room for manners or honor. Only thing that matters is you winning and keeping you own harm to minimum, how you go about beating your opponent doesn't really matter


Except we aren't talking about "real fights", are we?

If someone breaks into your home and is threatening your loved ones with a tortured and violent demise, you do whatever you can to save them.

If you just love the rush of combat and/or demonstrating yourself as superior (through fighting) to your opponent... congrats I think you just auto-failed. "Anything goes in a street fight!" only applies to a true street fight about survival and not (for example) a street fight where you're still in harm's way, but you put yourself there to win a purse, get a thrill, etc. You go find some people organizing a fight for money, even a fight to the death, and their will still be rules (granted they are usually about keeping the fight "relatively" fair and making sure it doesn't end too soon).

Still, try some legal examples; pretty sure MMA competitions will not let you carry a pistol, knife, grenade... pretty much any weapon is out. Even brass knuckles or sap gloves, designed for otherwise unarmed combat, aren't allowed.

Anyway, I enjoy violence but at the same time it chills me, and I enjoy less and less "graphic" of violence the older I get. I believe this is from finally beginning to empathize with people; I can still enjoy a comical cartoon that contains non-gory, unrealistic violence. I can still get satisfaction even when a series has realistic violence directed towards characters (deserving or not) so long as it furthers the story. To my surprise though, things like Mortal Kombat got a whole lot less fun as the graphics improved, because even the over-the-top violence stopped being so cartoon-y.


Are you lost?
5107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Midwestern United...
Offline
Posted 4/20/14

Sychop wrote:
Are you lost?


Yes... I made a big comment which you quoted in its entirety for your response and so I can't tell exactly to which part or parts you are responding.
Posted 4/20/14

KamisamanoOtaku wrote:


Sychop wrote:
Are you lost?


Yes... I made a big comment which you quoted in its entirety for your response and so I can't tell exactly to which part or parts you are responding.


Good

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.