• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Hunter x Hunter Discussions
3091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Heuco Mundo
Offline
Posted 6 days ago
Well i like HXH, but this dark continent arc looks like it's gonna be a long one just like the chimera one( for some reason was dragged out too much, but it had it's good moments as well) . Guess i have to wait another 10 years for any hope of an anime continuation.
15455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 6 days ago

Catlife wrote:

Well i like HXH, but this dark continent arc looks like it's gonna be a long one just like the chimera one( for some reason was dragged out too much, but it had it's good moments as well) . Guess i have to wait another 10 years for any hope of an anime continuation.


I was watching a youtuber saying something about the manga won't be continuing.
68952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / VA
Offline
Posted 6 days ago

Bashment wrote:


Catlife wrote:

Well i like HXH, but this dark continent arc looks like it's gonna be a long one just like the chimera one( for some reason was dragged out too much, but it had it's good moments as well) . Guess i have to wait another 10 years for any hope of an anime continuation.


I was watching a youtuber saying something about the manga won't be continuing.


And a youtuber would have any credibility on this matter because why???

Look, HxH being on a long hiatus isn't exactly a new thing, and anyone thinking this one is anything different is a relatively new fan of the series. Stop believing rumors and gossip for your own sake and learn to fact check what you read/hear. Togashi will be back to writing when he is ready, just like he always has.
15455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 6 days ago

samuraikatana1 wrote:


Bashment wrote:


Catlife wrote:

Well i like HXH, but this dark continent arc looks like it's gonna be a long one just like the chimera one( for some reason was dragged out too much, but it had it's good moments as well) . Guess i have to wait another 10 years for any hope of an anime continuation.


I was watching a youtuber saying something about the manga won't be continuing.


And a youtuber would have any credibility on this matter because why???

Look, HxH being on a long hiatus isn't exactly a new thing, and anyone thinking this one is anything different is a relatively new fan of the series. Stop believing rumors and gossip for your own sake and learn to fact check what you read/hear. Togashi will be back to writing when he is ready, just like he always has.


well it wasn't confirmed or anything maybe how I said it it came off the wrong way. But there is a high probability it will come to an end according to him.

https://youtu.be/Iv8raPmJE0g
68952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / VA
Offline
Posted 6 days ago

Bashment wrote:


samuraikatana1 wrote:


Bashment wrote:


Catlife wrote:

Well i like HXH, but this dark continent arc looks like it's gonna be a long one just like the chimera one( for some reason was dragged out too much, but it had it's good moments as well) . Guess i have to wait another 10 years for any hope of an anime continuation.


I was watching a youtuber saying something about the manga won't be continuing.


And a youtuber would have any credibility on this matter because why???

Look, HxH being on a long hiatus isn't exactly a new thing, and anyone thinking this one is anything different is a relatively new fan of the series. Stop believing rumors and gossip for your own sake and learn to fact check what you read/hear. Togashi will be back to writing when he is ready, just like he always has.


well it wasn't confirmed or anything maybe how I said it it came off the wrong way. But there is a high probability it will come to an end according to him.

https://youtu.be/Iv8raPmJE0g


That's not what Fornever is saying, or the article itself for that matter.

A lot of people are reading that article the wrong way. What the bookstores are doing is labeling HxH as a complete 'set' and marking the price down so they can clear inventory and make way for new merchandise. They are doing this because, while Togashi released 9 chapters last year, he hasn't released a full volume since Dec 28th, 2012 (10 chapters make one volume).

From a business owner's standpoint, having a 32 edition manga series sitting and taking up shelf space without a new release in over two years is a bad sell. New HxH volumes sell like milk and eggs in a snowstorm, they bring in a ton of revenue for Shonen Jump. Old volumes however, especially those over two years old, don't really sell at all after a certain point. So, as that business, it's in your best interest after a certain point to try and move those old volumes out the door to clear your shelf space for something else new that will sell. All that will result from this is the bookstores just selling the new volumes of HxH when Togashi finally starts writing again.

The ONLY ones who have any credible word on the continuation/cancellation of HxH is Shonen Jump or Togashi himself. The only reason this hiatus in particular has a lot of people panicking is it's their first one because they became fans of the series after the 2011 series aired. So in short, lots of new HxH fans aren't used to this release schedule.

Google 'Togashi Hiatus" and look at the second image, that should give you some insight into why this is nothing new for HxH. So, in short, stop worrying and just wait for it to come back.

3023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6 days ago
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm also new to Hunter x Hunter and I have seen from past hiatus's that this is a normal release schedule for Togashi. Though a lot of fans were claiming that the series was finished, and it got me worried. Thanks
2025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Upper Bavaria
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago
HxH is still listed in WSJ and every week you can find on the TOC page a note pointing out that HxH is on hiatus until further notice.
Just have a look at this week's issue:



The bookstores are just trying to sell their stuff.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.